2017 NHL Draft Lottery Results

Discussion in 'Prospects/Draft' started by ClashHawks23, Apr 30, 2017.

1. ClashHawks23

ClashHawks23 Superstar

2017 NHL Draft Lotery results. There were many upsets and movement. Here are the results.

1: New Jersey Devils (8.517% Chance of First Overall Pick. Moves up from the Number 5 Spot)

2: Philadelphia Flyers (2.204 Chance of First Overall Pick. Moves up from the Number 13 Spot)

3: Dallas Stars (5.182% Chance of First Overall Pick. Moves up from the Number 8 Spot)

4: Colorado Avalanche (17.936% Chance of First Overall Pick. Moves down from Number 1 Spot)

5: Vancouver Canucks (12.124% Chance of First Overall Pick. Moves down from Number 2 Spot)

6: Vegas Golden Knights (10.321% Chance of First Overall Pick. Moves down from Number 3 Spot)

7: Arizona Coyotes (10.321% Chance of First Overall Pick. Moves down from Number 4 Spot)

8: Buffalo Sabres (7.615% Chance of First Overall Pick. Moves down from Number 6 Spot)

9: Detroit Red Wings (6.713% Chance of First Overall Pick. Moves down from Number 7 Spot)

10: Florida Panthers (5.411% Chance of First Overall Pick. Moves down from Number 9 Spot)

11: Los Angeles Kings (4.509% Chance of First Overall Pick. Moves down from Number 10 Spot)

12: Carolina Hurricanes (3.106% Chance of First Overall Pick. Moves down from Number 11 Spot)

13: Winnipeg Jets (2.705% Chance of First Overall Pick. Moves down from Number 12 Spot)

14: Tampa Bay Lightning (1.804% Chance of First Overall Pick. Stays at 14th Overall Pick)

15: New York Islanders (0.902% Chance of First Overall Pick. Stays at 15th Overall Pick)

In my opinion, I think the Draft Lottery odds should be based on points, not ranking. It is unbelievable that a team with 48 points is picking fourth and a team with 88 points is picking 2nd. The less points you have, the bigger your chance of winning the draft lottery is. For example, a team like Colorado should have a 30% chance of winning the draft lottery while Philadelphia should have a 1% chance of winning the draft lottery. Tell me your thoughts on the results in the comments.

2. Stephen A. Smith

Stephen A. Smith Hall of Famer

This is what the NHL wants. If you tank your not guaranteed a 2nd overall pick anymore, and imo that's good. They want everyone in the NHL to be competitive, and don't want to award bad teams with great draft picks. The funny thing is though, I don't think the Aves were even trying to tank (at first).

3. ClashHawks23

ClashHawks23 Superstar

I see your point. I just think it is unfair that a team like Vancouver, who were trying to be somewhat competitive (Signing Eriksson, trading for Gudbranson), get the fifth overall pick while Philadelphia, who had 88 points, get the second overall pick.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  4. Kaljakori

Kaljakori Legend 3

Canucks were stupid. Trading young guys and picks and suddenly making a 180 to get a good pick is not competitive playing.