Anyone know how my created players can be recognized as rookies in Franchise?

Discussion in 'GM Mode/Live The Life' started by St. Mucus Ooze, Jan 14, 2017.

1. St. Mucus Ooze

St. Mucus Ooze Rookie

To be more clear, I just can't seem to get my created players to be recognized as rookies in Franchise mode, to be eligible for Calder. I've tried age 18 and drafted in 2016 and undrafted, age 17 and undrafted. I thought I had it with the 17 attempt because I started a new Franchise, simmed the entire year (without any of my created guys in game yet), and in the entry draft a bunch were taken in the first round. So, I then simmed pre-season so some could get some points. Saw a guy with some points in Entire League, then went to Rookie Skaters.......not listed. I have no idea what to do, if it can even be done because EA clearly has no idea what they're doing.

If anyone has pulled this off, please let me know.

2. Josh Hardin

Josh Hardin Rookie 3

Hmmm... I did the 17 years old and when they entered the draft.. they were under the rookie skaters. Luke Kunin who isn't in the game also had a break out season and won the rookie awards. I retested it today and it worked as well.. maybe you should uninstall your game and reinstall it.

3. Colestacker

Colestacker Legend

Whenever I create players I like to make them as young as they can possibly be for their draft year. In case you want to do the same, it's 9/14/99 if you want them to be in the 2017 draft. I simply do it because they'll have the best chance of having a long career this way. Usually my game does recognize that they are rookies but sometimes when I go to "rookie skaters" in the stats screen it shows no players :/

4. St. Mucus Ooze

St. Mucus Ooze Rookie

Thanks guys. At least that's confirmation your created players were listed under Rookie Skaters. Appreciate it. I'll keep at it

Also what about Year Drafted? Just Undrafted with September 14th, 1999 birthday? Thanks again

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  5. Sans

Sans Legend 3

If you give a guy the same birth date as Auston Matthews but make the year 2001 he is a year 4 pick :)

6. Colestacker

Colestacker Legend

Why would you make someone that old though

7. Sans

Sans Legend 3

What do you mean?

8. Colestacker

Colestacker Legend

They'll be 19 before they play a game

9. BoucherFan12

BoucherFan12 Veteran 3

When I made a player there is a section where you can turn the rookie? part on and off

10. St. Mucus Ooze

St. Mucus Ooze Rookie

I believe they removed that "Rookie - Yes/No" for NHL 17. I definitely used it in '16. Thank you though

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Swizz

Swizz Rookie 2

I'm curious to find out if you got it to work. I am making a custom roster and this would be nice to have work. I haven't done it yet but I would like to know before I make a bunch of prospects unable to contest for the Calder in their rookie campaigns.

12. Colestacker

Colestacker Legend

Unless this is talking about the update then I'm not sure why this is an issue. I've done tons of GM modes where I created players and I've never seen them not be able to be a Calder candidate