Best Player On Your Team This Season

Discussion in 'National Hockey League' started by FazeToAll, Feb 26, 2017.

1. FazeToAll

FazeToAll Superstar 3

Colorado has to give it to Nathan MacKinnon, been here for 3 years now, been nothing but good for us this year and he's a future superstar, no doubt. How about your team? Who's the superstar on your team this season?

2. Kaljakori

Kaljakori Legend 3

Freddy Andersen, hands down. If Leafs make it to the playoffs, wouldn't be surprised to see him get even a few Hart votes.

3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Superstar 3

I'd say Bergeron. Yes Pastrnak is having one hell of a season, Marchand and Pasta are neck and neck with points, but when it comes defensively, Bergeron is our best defensive player, penalty killer, smartest hockey player, and makes people around him better.

4. Scyie

Scyie Superstar 3 LEGEND

Mike Smith :arz
    Marchand :bos [Only becuase Bergeron hasnt played as much as Marchand has]
    Brent Burns :sjs
    Aho :car

5. ottawa senator

ottawa senator Veteran

Karlsson obviously, but this year he has been extremely good defensively, and I think that's why he's not quite on the same point per game pace he was on last year.

6. Brick

Brick Rookie 3

On the :sjs has got to be Burnsy and on the :nyr probably Vesey or Hank

7. Hornets27

Hornets27 HoRNETS x GiROUX28

Wayne Simmonds, and he's been the only consistent good player all season

8. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Ooo this thread is up again? Jack Eichel baby. Best player for Buffalo and one of the best in the league since his return. Tied for league lead in points since February, beating Brent Burns (and the rest of the NHL) in shots, first Sabres player to have 50+ points in his first two seasons since Derek Plante, I mean heck he's on pace to beat his point totals from last year which was a breakout season and he has 21 less games played. His shot is amazing and his hockey IQ is off the charts. Can't wait to see what he does with a full season and some capable defense!

Second picks would be Rasmus Ristolainen and Ryan O'Reilly. Both of them gobble up ice time like it's candy (Risto is 4th in the NHL and ROR is 1st among forwards), and Ristolainen leads NHL with powerplay assists. ROR is a two way beast. He is in my opinion one of the most underrated centers in the league. Risto is a beast of a physical presence with a bomb of a shot and who can hit and scrap with the best of them. These two will definitely be huge parts of the Sabres for years to come.

9. Comebackkids

Comebackkids Legend 2

Tie between Backlund, Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Hamilton and Elliott

10. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

What would you say to all the people who hate Tkachuk?

11. frank p

frank p Legend 2

McDonagh probably. Plays big minutes on a pretty awful defense and really puts the team on his back when he's on the ice. Could make arguments for a couple of guys on the Rangers and not be wrong.

12. Brady Skjei

Brady Skjei Rookie

13. G00N

G00N Pro

Bo Horvat easy! Future Canucks captain

14. Frankie

Frankie Hall of Famer 3

McDonagh and the only other players you could argue in my opinion are the two goaltenders. Without McDonagh, Hank (and Raanta) this team goes absolutely no where. McDonagh manages to be one of the best defensemen in the league despite being attached to the worst defenseman statistically. Hank is Hank, if you need an explanation then you don't watch the Rangers. Raanta has been huge for the Rangers in Hank's absence and whenever called upon. Other players like Skjei, Miller, and Hayes have been good, but not as good as the other three.

15. ClashHawks23

ClashHawks23 Superstar

Either Kane, Panarin, or Crawford (when he's healthy)

16. AlClemBee9575

AlClemBee9575 Superstar 3

Well I have two favourite teams this year. So here are my votes.

1. :edm - McDavid and/or Talbot: It's VERY easy to say Connor McDavid, and why wouldn't I? His stats this year are remarkable. He's tied for 29th in the NHL with 27 goals, but he leads the league with 62 assists and 88 points. And even though the Oilers aren't completely useless when he's not producing, it's obvious the Oilers are a much better team with McDavid than without McDavid. However I'm honestly going to have to give this to Cam Talbot. He's been an absolute workhorse for the Oilers this year. He's #1 in games played and starts w/ 67, he's faced the most shots in the NHL with 1952 having been fired his way, he's had to make the most saves of any goaltender with 1795, and he's played 3952 minutes and 50 seconds. To me, Talbot is Edmonton's best player this year.

:tml - Andersen: I don't follow the Leafs as much as the Oilers, but they're still my childhood team. And this year, it's hard to not be impressed with the Blue & White. Rookies galore, #2 ranked powerplay in the NHL and a great management tandem in place. And while the likes of Auston Matthes, William Nylander, and the rest are certainly impressive, I've got to give it to Freddy. His stats are 2nd to Talbot in games played, started, shots against, saves, and minutes played (61 GP, 61GS, 1924SA, 1767Svs, and 3538:20 TOI).

17. LordK6

LordK6 Veteran 2

Pacioretty / Byron:mon

18. Comebackkids

Comebackkids Legend 2

I'd tell them to grow some balls

Seriously

19. SharksForTheWin

SharksForTheWin Rookie 2

Burnsy definitely, he burns those point blasts

20. SharksForTheWin

SharksForTheWin Rookie 2