Best Player You've Ever Drafted

Discussion in 'GM Mode/Live The Life' started by Nucks101, Apr 19, 2017 at 5:43 AM.

1. Nucks101

Nucks101 Rookie 2

What are your best players that you ever drafted? If you have one tell me what year he got drafted in what number of the draft (ex: 1st rd 1st ovr pick) what he grew to and how fast.

My best player that I ever drafted was in my Ukraine Franchise Mode in NHL 17. The guy's name was Julian Cizek. He was drafted 1st round 2th OVR in the 2019 draft. Julian was a MED elite (Normal for a 2th pick) (I didn't have 1st OVR pick but the 1st pick player was junk!!!) Julian Started off as a 82 in the first year. My mind was blown over that since that was the first time I got a steal out of the draft. We were a rebuilding team because our 1st and 2th lines were good after some free agent signings. The 3rd line got good mainly because of Julian. In the sim Julian grew to 85 OVR by the All Star Game. By the trade deadline he replaced T.J. Oshie for the first line at 89 OVR. Fun Fact: Julian was only 19 that year! Crazy Right? That year we finished in the playoffs thanks to Julian and my trade to Tampa for 88 OVR High Starter Alexis Gravel. Julian finished with 63 points and won the calder despite having a injury that caused Julian to play 67 games. That year we somehow won Ukraine's first stanley cup. Alexis Gravel won the Conn Smythe trophy. Next season his OVR was up to a 92!

2. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 2

I traded Bryan Little and some picks for Carolinas 2nd overall pick in the '18 draft and picked goalie Sergei (?) Tarasov, who is med elite. A year later and he's 20 with an 82 overall and has taken over starting in the AHL for the Moose.

3. Nucks101

Nucks101 Rookie 2

Julian Cizek. At age 23 still 92 OVR. Not sure if he's done growing yet.
    [​IMG]