Biggest Bust you've drafted in NHL

Discussion in 'GM Mode/Live The Life' started by NYRangers, Mar 21, 2017.

1. NYRangers

NYRangers Pro 2

Hey guys so we all know that in an NHL entry draft, it is more than likely at least one team will draft a future bust so I was wondering, what was the biggest bust you've drafted in the NHL series.

2. ClashHawks23

ClashHawks23 Superstar

I had two. Nolan Patrick was drafted first overall in NHL 17 and was Medium Elite, and ended up 82 overall. The next was a goalie in NHL 16 who was 4.5 Gold Stars and became 79 Overall.

3. SharksForTheWin

SharksForTheWin Rookie 2

I think I drafted a high elite, second overall. He was 65 overall at 19 years old out of the draft. At 23 he was 73 overall and when he was 27, after I traded him for like a 4th, he was 76 overall

4. colby-ss

colby-ss Rookie

I drafted Joe veleno and he only became a 83 overall in the first round too.

5. lil.diddler

lil.diddler Pro 3

6. LordK6

LordK6 Veteran 2

7. JZodX94

JZodX94 Veteran

I drafted Joe Veleno and he became 79 overall I finally trade him for almost nothing...

8. Nucks101

Nucks101 Rookie 2

Realy? In my Ukraine GM Mode in NHL 17 I drafted Nolan Patrick and he became at 24 a 91 OVR HIGH elite. You have a totally different story on that one then I do. Nolan might work out with a rebuilding team rather then a stacked team? I'm honestly not sure about that one there buddy!

9. kyleivany

kyleivany Pro 2

10. MesseJiller

MesseJiller Rookie 2

I never had a bust ever. I have alot of of experience managing from my nephew's team. I traded all the old players for my friends. Friendship wins championships. Plus basketball is easy when playing against 10 year olds.

11. kyleivany

kyleivany Pro 2

U must be blak lol

12. MesseJiller

MesseJiller Rookie 2

13. Drai29

Drai29 Rookie

I don't draft. I trade my picks for rookies that were drafted the previous year or I trade my rookies that aren't 70 OVR by their first year.

14. ClashHawks23

ClashHawks23 Superstar

First the team was Arizona. Second your Nolan Patrick was high elite, mine was medium elite. I'm not good with growing rookies, so maybe that is it.

15. Kaljakori

Kaljakori Legend 3

Brett Howden. Not really a bust, but going 4th overall and having 4½ gold star potential, I expected him to be my 2nd line center behind Matthews. Well, he capped off at 84. I mean, it's not that bad, he's a really good 3C and amazing point guy for PP, has monster shot. And my Leafs team succeeded even without him turning to be what was expected. Plus I managed to lock him up for 8 years at 3,5M, that's pretty sweet for a guy like Howden.

Funny thing is, the same year, I drafted Tyler Soy on the 2nd round, who was 3½ green stars and grew to 87 overall. I traded him and a pick to the Flames for Sam Bennet, because he's a bit more what my team needed. 2nd line center problem solved.