Buffalo GM Mode - Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Domski, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Domski

Domski Admin 2BCProductions

Use this section to discuss everything related to John's current GM Mode series w/ the Buffalo Sabres.

This thread will be used for the entire series so go to the latest page for the most recent discussion.

Episode 1 -

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. Barzy

Barzy Hall of Famer 3 LEGEND

So happy GM is back! Nice Choice of Johnny going with Buffalo and Eichel they definitely deserve to win the cup

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. King Alfie

King Alfie Veteran

I think that Buffalo was a great choice. A team that isn't great now, but has the pieces to become a dynasty. He will have to find a goalie, as Lehner only becomes a backup in this game. Look at Montreal. They should have 2 goalies; Fucale and McNiven. Both turn out really well, but they aren't ready until years 3-5.

4. unholyducky

unholyducky Rookie

I like the idea of taking a team that's mid rebuild and making them a dynasty; If you were looking to somehow draft high in the first year Auston Matthews plays in the National League in Europe and when I played Be-A-GM he was 82 high elite right after the draft and improved to an 84 overall 2nd line centre before ever playing a game. Also for a nickname for Jack Eichel maybe Jack the Ripper, but he might have to earn it first.

5. Tyler Carter

Tyler Carter Hall of Famer 2

EA screwed you over with the roster update lol. Jack Eichel medium elite (4.5 gold)? Bullshit. And LMAO, you've got some bad-ass players.

For the first year, get a top 5 pick if possible. Try not to make any moves and test the waters first for a little more than a month, but your team has a couple glaring holes that could really use an elite player.

Your forward core in both the NHL and in the system is fine. (considering that centers can play wing in the game without any issues as far as I know, although I'd check to make sure doing so wouldn't mess with chemistry or optimism in the locker room in any way) You have good talent in the system while your NHL-proven regulars are still young for the most part. On defense, you've got some youth in the NHL but no Elite+ players outside of Guhle, who has a very low overall and likely won't be ready for several years. Ideally you should either go for a defenseman or a goalie. Lehner is pretty young but likely won't grow, so keep him as your long-term backup and ship out Chad Johnson some time in the near future.

Lines:
    Forwards
    Best lines I think got it right. Eichel is a playmaker but Girgensons is a two-way forward and would fit better on the bottom 6.
    Defense
    Once again I think going best lines would be fine. You could tinker with it and if you want for year 1 to be a growth year and not a stride year then you could make moves like moving Risto down a line to play in his role. (although I've noticed you can mess around a bit with the lines without killing a players' growth) Same goes to the forwards.
    And goaltending is obvious.

Lastly, make sure Sam Reinhart has 1st line time in the AHL.

EDIT: I believe the injury slider in the setting has an effect on the GM sim. Turn it down a bit, you're getting injured too much.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

Its back! Can GM Superbman bring the cup to Buffalo? I think he can!

7. Chucky For 1st Line

Chucky For 1st Line Superstar

I think you should make Eichel a high elite player.

8. Vinny

Vinny Coach LEGEND

Buffalo was a great choice. We get to see the one and only Jack Eichel develop which is going to be very exciting. Same thing with all those studs like Ryan O'Reilly and Evander Kane. Defense and Goaltending can be better but hey it's only year 1. GM Superbman in the driver's seat, usually that translates to success. Hopefully we can get a dynasty, something we missed in Ottawa.
    #GoSabres

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  9. MapleHawk

MapleHawk Legend 3 PICK'EM CHAMP LEGEND

Gonna be easy winning the Stanley Cup. You've got the pieces there set up for you. And then you've got some nice assets that will grow down in the minors. And then, you've got a guy that's gonna be one of the leagues bests in years to come in Eichel. Future is pretty set.

10. Yoshilover46

Yoshilover46 Veteran 2

really looking forward with the series. Johnny should have no probs in Buffalo

11. Andre Burakovsky

Andre Burakovsky Rookie 2

I think Buffalo was a great choice. Lots of young talent, like Eichel and Reinhart, as well as some solid vets, like Gionta. I believe that you will reach the playoffs with the Sabers. Hope you find Hasek v2! :buf:buf:buf

(P.S: Trade for DADANOV! :dad:dad:dad)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. JetsFan123

JetsFan123 Hall of Famer

Tbh I wish you chose the jets lol, but Buffalo was a great choice. They aren't quite there yet to win the cup, but I'm sure in 3-5 years you will have a Stanley cup winning team.

13. MNWild91

MNWild91 Legend

Buffalo is a good pick for GM, the forward pieces are coming together, but there is improvement to make on the defensive end of things. The search of Hasek 2.0 is gonna be good. I wouldn't plan on making the playoffs this year just because of the depth of defensive prospects (Chychrun and Day) and you can usually find a few goalies in the top 10.

14. Zednix

Zednix Rookie

Its going to be cool watching Eichel and Kane together. I am hoping Girg turns into a top notch 2nd liner. HOpefully after the Buffalo GM mode he can attempt another go with his cursed team, the Canucks.

15. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

This is gonna be a lot of fun to watch develop. Let's see how many cups Superbman can bring to Buffalo! Wahoooo.

16. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Veteran 3

Probably buffalo sabres need a goalie and too many 4th lines offense. We need a left hand defenseman for top two. Time to little bit rebuild for sabres team.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  17. TheKingNordique

TheKingNordique Veteran

The sabres are on a rebuild stage and I think that you should put Jack Eichel and Sam Reinhart on the first line with Evander Kane. Those youngins could grow a lot more faster and your team is not a playoff team Johnny. It'll be a bad year if you don't call up Reinhart, yes he will grow on the AHL but if you want a dynasty started at year 3 or 4 you must call up Reinhart right now and put him on the first line with Eichel.

18. Uncle Ryan

Uncle Ryan Hall of Famer 2

P kane needs to come home

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  19. SabresFanForLife

SabresFanForLife Rookie

being a sabres fan my whole life, this gm mode gets me pumped up when you talk about bringing back Hasek caliber goalies and a cup to buffalo! this is going to be a fun series to watch.
    put reinhart on the right or left wing with Larsson right now and maybe keep him on the wing since o'reilly and eichel will be commanding center.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

Again, going to be tons of fun to watch. Go Johnny Go. :buf:buf:buf:buf:buf