Buffalo GM Mode - Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Domski, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Superstar

Hey johnny, Top 6 forward is good but bottom six is not so much. Defense is not good.
    Trade matt Irwin, christian ehrhoff and don't trade a 1st round pick. Find a young top 6 defenseman and young 4th line forward defense.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. PenguinsHockey 81 66

PenguinsHockey 81 66 Rookie

Johnny its definitely time to tank the season. I almost want to say put in Stalock as your starter and trade Lehner next year. Lehner has been a ok goalie but is not what your looking for if you want to make the playoffs. I bet you could get maybe a Ben Bishop type goalie for Lehner, on another note you need to do something about Jack E on your team as hes playing on a ruff team and isnt getting the support he needs to grow.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. dillweed969902

dillweed969902 Rookie

So what you really need to do is get your chemistry under control. It can really help out your team during simulation. Also Pysyk is not someone you want to leave alone, he can become a really nice 2nd line defense. My suggestion to fixing most of your locker room problems is just to get rid of Irbabyin, you will most likely get a boost in chemistry with most of your players and it would be a massive weight off your shoulder not having to deal with him.

(edit: to get rid of the contract problem, just ask for a terrible player. Just add like a 5th/4th pick this year to persuade the team to take him)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Karl GZ

Karl GZ General Manager: CHI Blackhawks

Irwin is a huge problem obviously, sending him down to the AHL would be a huge problem. He could damage your prospects' morale down there, another one would be trading him, but no one wants him. Easiest thing to do is send him down, but it'll come with a cost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Johnny, at the trade deadline, package Erhoff and Irwin and possibly a backup goalie for Ryan Miller and a 2nd or 3rd. That gets two defensemen who cause trouble out. Miller can be a good backup for 2 years. Then, trade away your first rounder and maybe a 3rd for a stud 87-89 defenseman in his late 20s. What you need right now isn't another amazing prospect that will help you out in 4-5 years. You need a player for now to help you get to the playoffs before all your younguns get spectacular and want contracts. To me, this second trade makes a lot of sense because not only would another spectacular draft pick not help you right away, but it would also take ice time away from Eichel and Reinhart. The first trade gets you a solid backup and makes room for a stud defensmen that can help you now.

6. imcheesey39

imcheesey39 Rookie

Johnny I have an answer to your Irwin infestation... Place him on waivers! If no one claims him wait til next year and just buy out his contract

7. JerryR8

JerryR8 Rookie

Johnny you have to switch Eichel back to a playmaker he should be a sniper but you will notice he produces a lot more when he is a playmaker rather than a sniper

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. Tristan Fowlkes

Tristan Fowlkes Rookie 2

Its too late now

9. 13adaml

13adaml Rookie

Johnny u should trade Montreal for either Gallagher or Galchenyuk. They r both young and Gallagher trade value is not that high.

10. Joughy

Joughy Pro

To get rid of the cancer (Irwin) just buy him out, you have the cap space and then the disease would stop spreading.

11. Carolina Candy Canes

Carolina Candy Canes Legend 2

i say to get rid of Ehrhoff and Irwin, they are older players who are just taking away time form other players on Defense! I would say to use these players and try to get Pu since he could be another Erne or Spencer Watson! I would trade for draft picks in the Pu trade if possible since you are the third worst team in the league and players in their prime are not important for buffalo's future right now. When I saw the idea of the trade, I thought it was a great because he was a beast there and with team USA, get Ryan Miller before he retires and you regret it! It would be realistic, Kevin Garnett went back to Minnesota, and he was the face of the Sabers for many years plus they obviously loved him since they made a tribute video for him!
    In the trade, i would say to try to give up maybe a seventh, a sixth, a fifth, and foligno for him. Foligno is not happy there not playing and those late picks are usually not worth anything! The way i see it, this would be a trade where you could screw over the computer since you are not goign to have miller for long!

12. King Alfie

King Alfie Veteran

Johnny, if you want to improve your goaltending for the future, look at the Carolina Hurricanes. They have 2 goalies with at least High Starter potential, if not High Elite. There names are Booth and Nedjikovic. Look at trading for them if you want a good goalie prospect. You can move either Ehrhoff or Franson, and a 2nd round pick to get one of the goalies. If you feel comfortable doing it you could also trade Girgensons. Also, definitely trade for Pu before his trade value spikes. He ypu be a steal in a couple of years. LIKE SO JOHNNY SEES

13. Sticks and bonea

Sticks and bonea Rookie

Identify the core and trade anyone else for 2018 picks since this draft class is weak. Overspend in free agency like the Chicago did for Campbell and Huet back prior to the Cup run.

• List
  14. Dan Mackenzie

Dan Mackenzie Rookie

Johnny Get Fredrick Anderson You have 91 for offense and good defense You have to much talent to be a bottom feeder this year If you don't make the playoffs you will be a mediocre team With Anderson odds are you might make the playoffs So make the trade

15. braden holtby 70

braden holtby 70 Rookie 2

trade Lerner because is not going to grow in the future and he is going to get injured and can you check Brandon Holtby if his salery is low snag him up and you have a stud and get in a veteran defense for example brooks orpik from the Washington capitals and get tom Wilson from the Washington capitals.
    love the series Johnny keep up the great work

16. Nolan Hanley

Nolan Hanley Rookie

I agree with everyone who says get rid of Irwin

17. Nolan Hanley

Nolan Hanley Rookie

hey Johnny at this point in year 2 you probably will miss playoffs. I recommend to just get ready for offseason/draft. Trade Irwin for a 4th rounder to a struggling team. Also trade Earhoth. They are dragging the chemistry down with is causing your team to lose. I recommend changing some lines up also. Maybe moving down Eiche who hasn't been this good this year.

18. TheStarsFan

TheStarsFan Rookie 3

Anderson does not guarantee a playoff spot where the Sabres are positioned. Johnny'd have to aquire Fred in the offseason and not give up the first rounder. It might be a weaker draft this season, but 3rd overall is still 3rd overall

19. Brandon Genther

Brandon Genther Rookie

Hey Jonny, I think you should shop some Defensive Vets around to a team like Philadelphia, they have an overwhelming amount of defensive prospects in Hagg Morin Ghost Sanheim Provorov, most have overalls to be NHL ready now with Potentials ranging from High Elite to High Top 4, Philly is also a playoff team and would want some vet defenseman to make a run for the cup

20. CaptainDarryl97

CaptainDarryl97 Rookie

Trade for Zachary Fucale. He grew to an 87 overall and his potential changed to elite playing as a starter in the AHL for me with my GM Mode. He also won't be starting much with Montreal because they have so many elite goaltending options. Maybe package in Irwin and Lehner or Johnson to get a better, younger option for the future.