Buffalo GM Mode - Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Domski, Oct 18, 2015.

1. UncleLeo

UncleLeo Rookie

In next gen gm mode you can only win with high team chemistry, one time I won the president's trophy and the cup in the first year with the leafs without making any trades just because my team had good chemistry, so you should shakeup the team because your chemistry right now is only 64%

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. LuckisBS

LuckisBS Rookie

Out of the teams that MADE the playoffs 2014/2015 the teams had an average of 2,31 SuperSwedes/team

Out of the teams that DID NOT make the playoffs 2014/2015 there was an average of 1,35 SuperSwedes/team

See where I am going with this....?

3. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

Johnny, for those teams that would be over the salary cap, you should retain some salary. It's expensive, but it's well worth it. Hope this helps.

4. FlamesOnFire

FlamesOnFire Rookie

You should trade for Ehlers of the WPG, he will be a great guy for you to have on your second or first line where he can either play with Eichel and Rienhart or Kane O'rielly, Ehlers has low trade value, and he is a LOW - ELITE, and with the proper growth ive seen him grow to a 88 overall

5. FlamesOnFire

FlamesOnFire Rookie

You should trade for Ehlers of the WPG, he will be a great guy for you to have on your second or first line where he can either play with Eichel and Rienhart or Kane O'rielly, Ehlers has low trade value, and he is a LOW - ELITE, and with the proper growth ive seen him grow to a 88 overall, he is a sleeper to get in GM modes like these, you wont even have to give up much.

6. leafs4sc

leafs4sc Rookie

Trade Irwin and Foligno for a pick and a 4th line grinder or enforcer with good defensive awareness so that you can add some grit to your team. Also if you need another d man to replace Irwin on the bench, don't be afraid to pick up a guy from free agency that is a decent OVR, but who is listed as an AHL d man or a 7th d man (because they wont complain about TOI) just for this season. If you like him you can always re-sign him, and if you don't you can let him go, and you don't burn any assets in the process since you got him off FA.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  7. Pricey310

Pricey310 Rookie

You should get Nicolaj Elhirs From The WPG Jets He will be a depth Foward In The Future. Also I Say Try Getting A Backup Goalie

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  8. michael lane

michael lane Rookie

COME ON JOHNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Untitled.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. hockey man 78

hockey man 78 Rookie 2

trade evander kane for a another draft pick his value has dropped and he hasent got any better from last year. try for a top 10 and draft a goalie. also with your other pick get a player to fill his spot in the future. in might seam like a crazy trade but trust me.also trade cody fransen for a late first or early second. sean day will replace him and you can pick up someone in free agancy he is also getting old.

10. BuffaloBen

BuffaloBen Rookie

Johnny for your Buffalo Gm mode I think you should get for some draft picks for now. Keep getting rid of your veterans until your a playoff team. If you play Eichel on the line his role is he'll get good and turn into a medium franchise. That's what I did and that's what happend. In my Gm mode with morale he was a 98 overall centre at 25 years of age. And Reinhart was a 23 year old 91 overall (before I lost him to free agents) and actually jake McCabe turned out to be a high franchise player! He caped off at 90 overall (without morale boost) but still great and ristolainnen was an elite 88 overal, (without morale boost)28 years of age. So be sure to play those youngsters.

11. hockey man 78

hockey man 78 Rookie 2

can you please make gm modes more often you make way more life the lifes then gm modes

12. Patty kane

Patty kane Rookie

Trade eichel for mcdavid.Mcdavid has developed way more than eichel so know is the time to build for the future

13. Patty kane

Patty kane Rookie

He can't bring any cups because he isn't becoming a good gm

14. szarin13

szarin13 Rookie

You should go after Damon Severson on NJ, he is 22 and 81 overall, would be a nice fit for your defense. (or larsson

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  15. Alvy

Alvy Hall of Famer 2

Try to get Hedman don't sign Johnson

16. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Johnny put Ristolainen on the first pairing with Hedman. Bogosian and Franson are dedicated top 4 but Ristolainen can grow. He'll get a massive moral boost and that should raise his overall and possibly potential. He could be an 88-89 elite by the end of the season. That's exactly what the team needs.

17. Give up! Johnny its been forever go back to old gen. Its not fun watching your videos like it used to be. Go and start up a GM mode with the leafs and work a rebuild.

18. Michael Redmond

Michael Redmond Rookie 2

So, Johnny. Let me tell you a story.

I decided to start a Arz GM mode, inspired by your gm mode. Its 2020, My first line of Max Domi, Dylan Strome and Mikkel Bodker have yet to make it past the second round. I have V. Hedmon and OEL as my top two and Malcolm Subban in the next as a 90 overall. This gens GM mode feels harder. That or the puck just isnt bouncing my way. I also have some great depth players. Its really strange. But as KG once said "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!" So what i think you need, isnt a new goalie, or better defenders. You need to get Kane OR Ennis out of there. They seems to be the metaphorical solvent to the glue of the team. They cant play defense. You have Ryan O Reiley as your 1st line center who is a 5 star defensive player. Thats going to allow your wingers to score and forecheck.

Get a forward with 5 star defense whos in the mid 80s to be the defensive anchor of that line. Ala Joel Ward. (though im sure hes retired, but you get my point)

19. Mgunter

Mgunter Rookie

Look at Howard (G) in Detroit, Mrazerk is the man and you have a mid to high 80's backup in Howard that will be a veteran stop-gap upgrade while Skinner grows and they get a solid 26 y/o backup on there end of the trade. Look at the elite while you're there, you said Kane and Ennis are trade bait and there defense (+/-) seems to be lacking for the money they'll ask for in resigning.

p.s. i'm also doing a buffalo GM mode and Baptieste is more of an offensive PWF that could be a PP option, but not PK.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  20. AIexander Ovechkin

AIexander Ovechkin Rookie

Johnny the projection at the draft for a prospect is written at the top right of the screen, left to the face of the prospect. So Dadanov is projected to be selected in the 2nd round. Bummer that you can't sort anymore,well it's EA so no surprise there.

image.jpeg