Buffalo GM Mode - Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Domski, Oct 18, 2015.

1. 67Pacioretty

67Pacioretty Rookie

Jonny. Yes you're team has been struggling and I have a thing which could increase your morale and potentially make you a better team.
    Maybe you should get a big guy (enforcer) to really intimidate the other team. Sometimes like General Zod, enforcers can help the team succeed and rack up some points as well. I think this is the best choice.
    The Jets had a real problem with Evander Kane and that's exactly why they traded him. Maybe use him as trade bait because he does have potential. He is not a cancer but he is not a very happy player either.

2. Roy33

Roy33 Rookie

You should trade Girgensons for a 2nd line center with more offensive upside. In my opinion he's holding your team back with his awful production and woeful offensive stats. You have the assets to do it, no doubt. Package Girgensons and some b-level prospects (top6 d-men, 7th d-men, Top 9 fwd and so on) to get a guy with a 89+ offensive awareness, and don't be afraid to get someone that is 28 or older, you need the leadership with such a young core. Brassard, Carter, Krejci, Stastny, Couture might be good options (if they're not 1st liners). Also, try and change Hedman to an offensive d-man, it might help his production, 33 points is not good enough for 9 million dollars.

3. Evgeni Malkin 71

Evgeni Malkin 71 Rookie 3

I found this thing on NHL 16 that shows the Max. Chemistry lines
    This is for offense:
    PLY PLY SNP
    PLY TWF SNP
    TWF TWF TWF
    GRN GRN TWF
    TWF PLY PWF
    SNP PLY GRN
    GRN GRN GRN
    (Note it could also work like:
    PLY PLY SNP to SNP PLY PLY)
    This is for defense:
    OFD DFD
    TWD TWD
    DFD OFD
    Just in case the terms mean:
    PLY: Playmaker
    SNP: Sniper
    PWF: Power Forward
    GRN: Grinder
    OFD: Offensive Defender
    DFD: Defensive Defender
    TWD: Two Way Defender

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. TheHolySlapper

TheHolySlapper Veteran

I have a suggestion for a two year plan: Since you have atleast two/four high profile prospects coming up to the big show in the next two seasons (Day and Estephan foremost) I think it would be wise decision to call them all up now so they can start gathering chemistry with the team asap. Moreover, in NHL 16 it's possible to really bolster your prospects' growth by giving them huge icetime at the expense of your team short term performance. While this seems unpleasant to do after many playoffless seasons it coud really pay off in the future.

Top 9 offence:

Eichel 88 - Reinhart 90 - Estephan ~82
    Kane 87 - O'Reilly 91 - Girgensons 84/Aaltonen ~79 (too extreme maybe?)

Top 4 defence:

Hedman 91 - Day ~84
    Guhle ~82 - Bogosian 86/Risto 84

This should guarantee that your draftees won't bust. Think about it.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  5. BlueBull

BlueBull General Manager

I Was Wrong About Kahkonen, But Here Is An Idea. Trade Lehner For A Good, Young Goaltender. After All, We All Remember The Brandon Hope Trade.

6. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

Well Johnny, so ends another season with disastrous results. But, also, as you mentioned, Ennis needs to go. A good destination for them, both having decent trade value, would be Ennis moving to San Jose, for Matt Nieto. Both Thornton and Marleau are likely to be gone, so the Sharks will need someone to step up as a veteran presence for them. Nieto is a much younger player of the future, and I've had some success with him. Ennis, of course, having lower potential than Kane and being older, would be the better choice to trade. Consider also acquiring an enforcer in John Scott, never fails.

Hope this helps. Good luck in making the playoffs next year.

7. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

No, he's normally happy.

8. NextGenGMJay

NextGenGMJay Rookie 3

It's been a week and a half since the last episode, we going to get another one of these or has Johnny finally thrown in the towel?

9. King Alfie

King Alfie Veteran

For viewing other teams lines, the only way to do it is to click 'play game', then choose the jerseys like you normally would, then click 'edit lines', then click 'edit lines' again, then click the 'Y' button and click 'view opponents lines'. That's the only way to view other teams lines. *LIKE SO JOHNNY SEES*

10. Caniac Zach

Caniac Zach Rookie

Johnny,

Seeing how the off-season went, I say just roll with this team that you have now. You got guys locked up for years even before resigning Eichel and the younger guys to big boy contracts. I would say though maybe try to get rid of Bogosian to maybe get a Top 6 D-man to run with Ristolinen to help him grow and in that help with ice-time problems and chemistry. Maybe even in that trade try to get some picks to help in the draft to fill holes in possible spots like 7th D guys or 4th line wingers.

One other thing to maybe think about and I know it would be crazy to think but maybe trade Eichel for a stud first line guy who can produce 60+ points a season. Eichel is still young I get that but only getting less than 50 points a season on the first line and second line is not cutting it. I know it might get negative views but maybe its something to think about if you want to make a deep Cup run.

11. BucketHorse

BucketHorse Superstar 2

Is anyone even posting here anymore...? It seems eerily empty for the past month or so. Congratulations on making it to the 2nd round in a very convincing fashion, Kane has been a scoring machine (it's like EA has programmed it in a way that a player like Kane plays like he does IRL, i.e. score at will during the simulaion and therefore making the team he's on instantly superior... Hmmm... :lol)! I also have some bad news and some good news: the bad news is Day is down to high Top 4 D, the good news is... JEICHEL IS UP TO MEDIUM FRANCHISE LOLOLOLOLOLOL XDDDDDDDD!!!1!11!!one!eleven!!1 Seriously though, make sure you salvage this hack before it's too late.

12. SpookDarkness

SpookDarkness Pro 2

Ryan Callahan scores the Game 7 winner but little do we realize he was a cap addition to make the D'Angelo trade go through with TB during the blow up. Every piece counts in those trades, surprised Johnny didn't give the man more of a celebration.

13. Andy Jay

Andy Jay Rookie 3

Hey Johnny, been watching your GM modes since NHL 12, but this is my first direct bit of advice/suggestion ever.

I've noticed that when things arent working out for you your first instinct is to change the lines. I dont get this, sure it works sometimes but it seems long winded and surely you already know who your best players are/should be.

I've been GM'ing since... I dunno, back when it was called Dynasty mode, '03/'04/'05 or something.. and my first instinct when things start to look a bit shaky is to change the strategy. Now I dont quite have photographic memory but I think I've seen the strategy screen in your GM modes once. Ever.

Simple tweaks can be made to the way your team plays rather than the lines themselves e.g. If you're always conceding from the boards or from point d-men, you're probably jamming the middle and blinding your goalie so you should go to Tight point D instead. Also, if you have a scoring line that isnt getting it done, maybe that lines strategy is set to crash the net and they dont have the physicality to do that.

I know during the regular season it's kinda pointless cos you arent watching the sim, but in the playoffs you can see what's happening and it's much faster to change strategy than lines.

My two cents. Love the series, kutgw.

14. Sasquacth

Sasquacth Rookie

What a crazy dominate run by Subban, nice to see this team finally hit on all cylinders. Think Sabers might have a dynasty on the way.

15. Fethdar

Fethdar Rookie 2

13:54 Hey Johnny, the AHL team is 8-3 in the playoffs. Take a look at how they're doing! Please like so Johnny sees

16. Jared McCann

Jared McCann Pro 3

Is this the last year??

17. Andy Jay

Andy Jay Rookie 3

I probably would have changed strategy after game five, definitely after game six. Also, players OVR is never something to rely on.

That Ducks roster has barely changed over six years, amazing.

18. Slapshot Tommy

Slapshot Tommy Superstar 3

Johnny, Don't know if you'll read or browse past it but put the website to good use here.
    Through no fault of your own has the GM mode and Be a Pro series been... lackluster.

If you can find the soul in you, because I know I probably couldn't... make a couple year series in the Legacy edition for Be a Pro and GM Mode.
    Just go back to, yeah another crap product but hell at least they got some of the formula right after 9 years trying. Have a blast with it, start with 2 teams and go H.A.M. in Be A Pro and Go nuts with the GM Mode team.

At the end of the day, the lads here will always watch hockey videos and I'm no different. I would hate, to have to sit through a whole Spring, Summer and part of a Fall before there is more hockey content from the channel.

EA screwed up the NASCAR franchise and now there is no games for that specifically. It will be a sorry state of affairs if the NHL franchise ends up the same way. EA can speak to me via email or over the phone, vice president, chief weed smoker whatever. Your product sucks. I don't think you should represent my favourite sport because I am afraid a few years down the line we go without future titles because you screw the fanbase in the ass one to many times for a quick buck. /Rant.

19. Brandon Ball

Brandon Ball Rookie 3

Dude, I know Buffalo didn't work out and they're a struggling team, but I think you should totally do Columbus or Toronto. Teams that have nothing on their roster and that have a foundation where you can build your own team, get EA-created superstars from drafts. Buffalo was in that position, but they had Eichel, O'Reilly, Kane, etc.

If you take a team like Toronto where their best players are JVR, Reilly and maybe Kadri, and trade them or whatever to get picks and create a new team with no veterans (or very few veterans) and just build a team from the ground up, that'd be so interesting to watch. Kind of what you did in Arizona. Most of your superstars, with the exception of OEL/Karlsson, were drafted!

Or even back when you did your Vancouver GM Mode, you started with the Sedins and Lou, but you traded them away and built a strong team. And, we know where that story goes, but nevertheless.

I don't know if you'll agree with me, but I'm just spit-balling here.

I'm a huge fan and can't wait to see what you do next, Johnny.

20. jokinghazard

jokinghazard Rookie 2 LEGEND

What are, commas?