Buffalo GM Mode ep 12 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

This may be the worst GM performance by Superbman yet.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. BlueBull

BlueBull General Manager

Kahkonen So Far Has Been A Better Tendy Then Lehner. He Has A 2.86 GAA (Lehner Has 2.88) And A .917 Sv% (Lehner Has .905), He Does Not Have A .500 Record (Unlike Lehner) But He Is Very Close. Play Him As A Starter For A Little While. If He Plays Bad Keep Him As A Backup.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • List
  3. detroitskills

detroitskills Rookie

Johnny you should focus on the actual player chemistry with one another, say oreilly has a higher chemistry with other players than who is on his line, then you should fine a way to manage putting them on a line with one another, this strategy would work well with rookies coming in to GROW.

4. Brew22

Brew22 Legend 3 LEGEND

I'd stay the course. Your time to win isn't now. Sure, the playoffs should be the end goal for this season, but not at the expense of your future. You have a playoffs quality team already so I wouldn't trade for veterans or anything like that. Those trades should be made when your team has Day, Erne, Estephan, Guhle and Skinner at there full potentials. Instead, I'd keep experimenting with your lines and try to find the right chemistry that works. Stay patient. Wait till the offseason to make any major changes.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. Andrew Pinner

Andrew Pinner Rookie

trade a defencman to inprove your outer players because shawn say is gonna play next year

also sorry for spelling

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. Rich Peverlys Grampa

Rich Peverlys Grampa Rookie

Whatever you do keep Kakhonen. I draft him in every GM I do. I've seen him get to Franchise once and he has consistently gotten to Elite & Starter for me, usually rates in the upper 80s. Last time after his 3y ECL I signed him for 8 years at 1.4 and halfway through the contract his trade value was near the full bar.

Definitely play him as a Starter in the AHL

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  7. ZodRule999

ZodRule999 Rookie

Both Ennis and Girgensons have been losing their mojo. You should put them both on the trade block and see what the other teams have to offer. If the offer is good then accept it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  8. Seapker21

Seapker21 Rookie

Get mcdavid he's better than Eichle and will still grow so give up Eichle for mcdavid ip

9. Drip102495

Drip102495 Rookie

The "morale lost to recent roster moves" is because you have auto-rotate goalies on.

Also, a good strategy for scouting is to spend the first half of the year scanning different regions and positions for short amounts of time (3-5 weeks depending on how many players there are) and then go to "scouted players" and specifically look for players you are interested in and scout them more.

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  10. habsfan2159

habsfan2159 Veteran

Trade for a goalie!!! Lehner is not getting it done. You should trade for an 87-88 overall goalie with 2 to 3 years on his contract so that could give time for Stuart Skinner to grow. And if that goalie becomes the new Brandon Hope and Skinner is a flop you could re-sign that goalie. But if you will make the trade top prospects and first round picks are out of the question. You have been doing some good drafting so you could afford to give a 3rd and a 7th. A 2nd if you must.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • List
  11. DuperBC

DuperBC Rookie

the only thing i can think of for the Morale lost or gained is cause of the Goalies changing from started to back up

12. Leafs

Leafs Hall of Famer 2 LEGEND

Push through, get this team to the playoffs, and then work from their. We saw what this core was capable of on the six game win streak. Next year will only be better.

13. Seapker21

Seapker21 Rookie

World juniors should be in the game am I right

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. UpYourSisters5Hole

UpYourSisters5Hole Rookie 2

I'd sim to the trade deadline, if Lehner doesn't hit above .925% I'd trade him and one of your prospects for a veteran goalie. Get one who can serve right up till Skinner is eligible.

I'd give Skinner 3 years to be NHL ready from this standpoint. Try going for a 31-33 year old goaltender like Miller, Luongo, or Cam Ward. Craig Anderson is out of the question as Ottawa wouldn't take Lehner back. From the looks of your team, you have potential to make playoffs this year.

15. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Superstar

Well johnny, you should turn off auto goalie because everyone's morale was lost all of game. Keep Kakhonen on goalie lineups he will grow to franchise potential. His GAA was 2.86 better than lehner but play start a little game if not then switch to backup.

Well Johnny, All of fans and analyst agree that buffalo sabres should be patience together on lineup and I know you want buffalo sabres going to playoffs. you have a young players like Day, Erne, Estephan, Guhle and Skinner at full potentials. Keep experimental lineups and chemistry together until offseason come, then trade some veteran defenseman like meszaros and cody franson including ennis and garbutt on draft day. Day, guhle, estephan and erne will move to NHL lineup in year four.

Hopefully, your buffalo sabres will make playoffs next season.

For scout, try at least three and five weeks for defenseman and forwards in Europe and russia

16. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

I really don't know what to say. The team is still in a rebuilding mode, but at the same time they are almost a playoff team, kinda like the Philadelphia Flyers right now. I still think you need to focus on the present and the future at the same time and only acquire players that will help you now and five years from now. This team has reached that weird limbo spot and they are on the verge of breaking out, but they still have holes that need filling. Just focus on this season until it's over and don't sell anyone at the trade deadline unless if you absolutely have to, but don't acquire like a Joe Thornton for a first round pick because of the situation this team is in. You have to be patient here, it's the only solution.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. LastResort318

LastResort318 Pro

I have played GM Mode quite a bit and I have realized, that if your chemistry in the locker room is low, then you will lose games. You have to people in the locker room to be leaders, presences, and to keep the same group or to the same group together for a couple of seasons, and get everyone's morale up. That's when you will be able to win games and become a contender. Also, the roster moves is just processing moves made for each individual player and they don't process unless you are simulating.

18. BoHorvat

BoHorvat Superstar 3

That was a "December to Remember."

Also I think you should keep on going until the trade deadline. If you are below.500 or at .500 and Lehner isn't playing well. Maybe make a trade for a pick and a sub par goalie (Someone useful until Skinner is ready like an 84) for Robin Lehner. If you are above .500 or close and Robin Lehner is playing well. Maybe trade a pick and one of your prospects for a better 2nd line RW or a better Top 4 Dman. Basically the season would rely on Lehner.

Also, Mezaros is listed as a Top 4 and Ristoleinen is listed as a Top 6

19. TheHolySlapper

TheHolySlapper Veteran

You have 75 overall 20yo HIGH ELITE forward in Estephan and you are only giving him 3rd line AHL time? WTF man?!?

20. alex tortella

alex tortella Rookie 2

Johnny you got to do the morale stuff in the ahl too

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List