Buffalo GM Mode ep 12 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Bobby Erfurth

Bobby Erfurth Rookie

Johnny Kane always complains you should trade him away, even if you put him on forst line he complains about ice time trade him before his ovr drops

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  2. BladesTheBruin

BladesTheBruin Rookie

Consider a trade for Kane if he keeps up the poor play and complaining of ice-time. I'd say same goes for Lehner with the poor play, but maybe a benching is a better option for him. The goal is for the future so don't set your mind on a win now mode, hence why Kane could be nice trade bait if struggles arise again. All in all, Buffalo is on the up and up and their time is coming very soon

3. hokeyrulz26

hokeyrulz26 Rookie

Johnny, you need a goalie man. Robin Lehner just isn't getting it done, hell his backup is playing better than him honestly. Yes, you have Stuart in the system, but if you want to be a win now team with good prospects to be ever better after you win it, you need to get a goalie who is good. Lehner is good at 86 don't get me wrong, but his stats aren't showing that. You might be able to get another 86 overall or lower goalie who's better than him. If you don't wanna trade, let Kahkonen start a few and see how that goes.

4. TuukkaRaskfan40

TuukkaRaskfan40 Commissioner

Johnny, I'm thinking you may need to trade Franson on the 2nd line for a DFD or a TWD that has a 4 or 4 and a half defensive catagory to improve your 2nd line D pair

5. Josh Wright

Josh Wright Rookie 2

Check to see if Girgenson has bad chemistry with Kane and Ennis if so maybe Larsson would be a better fit with them on the 2nd line

6. Bob Mackenzie

Bob Mackenzie Rookie 2

Play Ristolainen with Hedman. You're hindering his growth.

7. Josh Wright

Josh Wright Rookie 2

Don't make any trades stick with your team and your morale will get better

8. Bob Mackenzie

Bob Mackenzie Rookie 2

Play Ristolainen with hedman. You're hindering his growth by playing him with another righty on the second pairing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Mr QwertyZ

Mr QwertyZ Rookie

Trade Ennis for 2nd line play maker or a trade defenseman for something during offseason and bring sean day up after

10. Barack Obama

Barack Obama Rookie

Johnny in my gm mode Boston wanted to get rid of Malcolm subban and I got him for dirt cheap. Lerner to be honest is really bad and skinner is only mid 60 overall. Subban is perfect because he is 89 ovr and really young so u could even trade skinner because subban would be you're number 1 for so long. And don't say this is unrealistic because the game is saying they want to give him away it's not like your prying away a player they don't want to give away, that would be unrealistic but for whatever reason they want to give him away. So pull the trigger get PK's Lil bro

11. Nick Seigler

Nick Seigler Rookie

If you're not sure why you'really losing, start playing around with the lines. Don't worry too much about putting first liners on the first line. In my GM league as the Rangers, Rick Nash was on my third line for a period of time. Just find something that works and stick with it.

12. BuffaloBen

BuffaloBen Rookie

Kind of a long one but Eichel might be a top 6 but that could change at any given moment, treat him as if he was still elite. 88 is still really good for a 21 year old. Keep an eye on Reinhart he is pretty much the new Eichel. Johnny if you really want to make a playoff push the only way that's going to happen is to bump up your goalie situation by bringing in a 88-90 over. Which sucks because there's nothing on that team that you don't want. I've noticed you have to have complete stud forward and defence if you want to keep a 86 ovr goalie. Thanks. Peace.

13. lennaa.mariee

lennaa.mariee Rookie

I wouldn't change a thing.. You're having a mediocre year with great players but it seems like you're on the cusp of being a cup contender with the rest of the prospects becoming NHL ready hopefully next year.

14. Force Lancer

Force Lancer Rookie

Your guys seem to be having issues with inter-player morale. On the screen showing Kane's best chemistry player it showed only Lehner and no other players. I don't think your team is meshing at all...
    Also please see what caused Tampa to fall so far from their 150 point season in year two to 43 points in 43 games played at the All-Star Break. There has to have been a major shift in losing Hedman, Johnson and Bishop to Free Agency over the summer to go from the best team in the league to allowing the most Goals Against of almost any other team, including Buffalo. Also try to find who is benefiting from Bishop this year :D

15. Daniliini

Daniliini Rookie

Seriously Johnny. You really need to follow up your AHL team more closely. Estephan needs better minutes and you should follow up the morale for the AHL team.

You should also play Hedman with Ristolainen. As of now you're only hindering his growth.

16. Evgeni Malkin 71

Evgeni Malkin 71 Rookie 3

Who would do that? McDavid is WAY better than Eichel. They won't do that unless you add some like 4-6 Round pick to it. Or a player who can also help Eichel.

17. Evgeni Malkin 71

Evgeni Malkin 71 Rookie 3

Kane for Someone like ...
    Daniel Winnik
    Johnny Oduya
    Leo Komarov+2018 7th Round Pick
    Toronto is the top team in the Alantic. Plus You Had a point when you were 2 games higher than .500

18. RR55

RR55 Rookie

I know many here have said that you should trade Kane because his constant complaining and condesending behavior in morale, but I dont't think you should. He has been asking for more playtime, and has only 2 points less than eichel. Eichel is not playing well in first line wing compared to his linemates. I mean he has 29 points where his linemates have 39 and 47. This is why I would consider trying Evander Kane in first line left wing.

I've played some be a gm with buffalo and every time, if you don't give Kane what he asks, je will become disgruntled and drop his overall rating really really fast. So consider giving him the spot on first line wing, even though it can feel wrong to drop eichel to second.

Also I think you need some experienxe in your team. It's just so young. Veteran first or second line forward could be good addition. Maybe a second line center to replace Girgensons if he doesn't show enough for the rest of the season.

EDIT: Also for me even though Kane dropped overall to 82 he still put up 60+ points which is weird.

19. Thorazar

Thorazar Rookie

Sup 2BC, somewhat new viewer and sub here. Your PP is a problem, go to team strategies and change the PP to Shooting and Carry. This is what I've done in my GM modes when I've had PP issues and seems to work every time. Keep up the good work!

20. Jarid

Jarid Rookie 3 LEGEND

Johnny, the reason you had a bad start to the season is because of how low the morale started. Once the morale started going up, the team play started going up. Keep the team the way it is and Im sure it'll be a playoff team.

Also, the morale being lost is for goalie rotations, and it doesn't really bring their morale that far down.

And one last thing, I also have done a Buffalo GM and we had a really bad couple of seasons. I traded away Evander Kane 2 years in at the trade deadline for Jaden Schwartz and it really improved the way the team played. Maybe the game knows that Kane is sort of a locker room cancer.