Buffalo GM Mode ep 12 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Jesse.D

Jesse.D Rookie

Johnny, you gotta get rid of some of the players that aren't performing, mostly ennis, kane, and lehner, trade them for someone of the same overall/age range but that are performing much better, also if you can pickup some good players in free agency that would help alot too, you certainly have the cap space.

2. Drip102495

Drip102495 Rookie

Going off my comment on the last video.

When scouting you need to go to "add to watchlist" to see who is in the top 5 or top 10.

3. Vinny

Vinny Coach LEGEND

Well another year gone hopeless. "Next Year We'll be Better" has been the saying of this series, and it hasn't really happened. To add insult to injury, Kahkonen is now a "Low" Starter. We have some great prospects coming up from the AHL, and I just really hope we can put together a buffalo dynasty in the next few years. As far as the draft goes, all we can do is hope for another first overall pick. Maybe you could trade some guys on the team that could possibly be replaced by some of our prospects, and some guys that have been underperforming like Ennis next year for some picks and/or players still growing. It's really the best thing we can do to ignite this team. Let's hope for a better Year 4 and a solid playoff run from Rochester!

4. 0ndrej Palat

0ndrej Palat Rookie

I dont think you necessary have to get rid of lehner now. If his stats continue to stay the same or get worse then I'd say move him but right now He's not a bad goalie. The main problem is your second offensive line. For the overall and potential that Kane and Ennis have, their point production is a disgrace. I believe an immediate move is the best choice for moving in the right direction. Also maybe trading for me because i'll lead the sabres to the cup if I have to.

5. hockey man 78

hockey man 78 Rookie 2

trade evander kane for hampus lindohl he got so good and it wouldbe good to get him back on the team. also you dont need kane anymore

6. Freddy The Goat

Freddy The Goat Superstar 3

You mean Hampus Lindholm?

7. Freddy The Goat

Freddy The Goat Superstar 3

Johnny has turned the once booming with potential Buffalo Sabres into the horrible managing Edmonton Oilers, hope you turn it around Johnny.

8. Mike78

Mike78 Rookie

Don't give up on your team just yet. The Sabres have a better record than last year and seem to be headed in the right direction. Goaltending is a big issue. Lehner isn't getting the job done, and your goalie prospects are 2-3 years away from the NHL. Maybe trade for a veteran goalie with 1-2 years left on a contract. Also, your 2nd line isn't working. Trade Ennis and possibly Kane for better wingers. Lastly, put Eichel back as a playmaker. He's not a sniper and will be more productive with the change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

I cannot stress this enough: you need a stud sniper. You need a sniper who has 90s down the board for shooting. You don't have one right now and it will really help your goal scoring which I see as your biggest problem. Also, do not be shocked if you start to hear the fans associating Jack Eichel with trade rumors. I currently think that you need to keep Eichel, but him dropping potential and his offensive awareness only being at 86 do not help him by any means. I also think he has not been producing like a sufficient first liner. In this game, first liners should be getting at least 60 points and Eichel has not done that and his lower potential plus 86 offensive awareness don't help. Call me crazy all you want, I stand behind keeping Sam Reinhart over Jack Eichel right now because of the offensive categories. Again, I stand by keeping Eichel for now, but he's someone that will want a lot of money and unless if he jumps he will not be worth that money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Superstar

Johnny: well buffalo sabres is so close to go playoffs this season. Buffalo sabres goal against is so weak and goal for game is not so good. Buffalo sabres has lot of struggles to get rebuild system just like oilers. Lot of buffalo sabres fan think robin lehner isn't doing done well. Kahkonen is now a "Low" Starter offseason.

I don't know how much contract for sam reinhart and jack eichel for offseason but you need to clear some cap space. Because reinhart and jack eichel want a big money around 7 million for six years later. Hopefully, there will be big free agent on next video. Just make sure Johnny: erne, guhle, sean day, catenacci, carrier, estephan and kirkland is ready to NHL lineup on year four.

Here is your tradeblock for 2018 NHL draft
    Cody franson and psyrk for draft pick because franson overall is drop to 84 and psyrk is very disgruntled.
    trade Tyler ennis and girgensons for young center playmaker and right wing sniper
    Trade mcginn for draft pick
    Trade goncher and lehner for draft pick
    trade meszaros because he will be drop overall soon

Here is 2018 draft players you need:
    D. Souray, LW SNP, gold elite
    L. Bancroft, D TWD, gold elite
    J. McElhinney, G HYB, gold elite: If buffalo sabres is number one overall draft pick
    W. Barrett, C TWF, red elite
    Yuri Anisimov (18), RW PWF, red top 9 F
    J. Pirjeta, LW SNP, gold top 9 F
    P. Chan, C PLY, red top 6 F
    N. Fitzgerald, D DFD, gold top 4 D

11. NextGenGMJay

NextGenGMJay Rookie 3

Johnny you're an idiot.
    The way you've managed this team has been an embarrassment.
    You consistently miss opportunities to improve morale, which in turn hurts your win rate. We've tried to point this out to you so many times but every year it's the same old garbage.

Lucky for you, this team can still be salvaged.

For the love of all that is holy, get rid of Lehner. He is terrible in this game, be never lives up to his potential. Had you dumped him like we told you to after year 1 you wouldn't be in this mess. Get an elite goalie you can trade away when your prospects are ready.

Trade Kane and Ennis, keep Girg for a few more years. If you get the right players with him McGinn can put up some great numbers. He had three 30+point season for me in a row before I shipped him out for a draft pick to make room for a prospect.

Stop being a goof and trade the chumps already. Part of bringing in a lot of young talent is being able to cut the fat to get better draft picks when you are doing well. Stop being afraid to trade moderate talent for draft positions that will get you great talent.

Good luck, hope you survive next season...

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  12. NextGenGMJay

NextGenGMJay Rookie 3

This is what the start of the Buffalo Sabers 2023-24 season could look like, if you don't jack it up:

IMG_0913.JPG

To get there you need a goal tender... Lehner is not going to cut it.
    IMG_0915.JPG

And you can do it without giving up ALL of your talent... though almost all of what you start with will go. McGinn, Girg and O'Reilly lasted longer than most others, but are all gone now for younger higher overall talent. Also playing for other teams are prospects like Watson and Baptiste that were good third liners on my team. They are now first and second liners on other teams, but their trades allowed me to land prospects like Ladd, Dupuis, and Bjugstad.
    IMG_0916.JPG

I can only upload 3 pictures, so my Defense is:
    R. Ristolainen 96
    J. Long 90
    M. Mueller 89
    J. Chychrun 88
    S. Shutz 85
    D. Perron 85

My forward lines contain:
    1 Franchise, 6 Elite, 3 Top 6, and 2 Top 9 forwards.
    My defense contains:
    1 Franchise, 4 Elite, and 1 Top 6 D-men.

With 20 games played, I have:
    69 GF and 26 GA (GAPG 1.3)
    12/51 PP (23.53%)
    61/64 PK (95.31%)

I have 8.235 million in cap space left, with 45/50 contracts.
    I currently have every single one of my draft picks for this year, and every future year that is available to trade.

My oldest player is Ristolainen at 29; my youngest is 21 - shared by four skaters (forwards Peca and Matheson, defensemen Perron and Papineau. The latter is my depth defensemen.

I play with injuries on.

How you cannot do this boggles my mind.

13. Evgeni Malkin 71

Evgeni Malkin 71 Rookie 3

How the hell is he gonna do that. I doubt Johnny will even think. Johnny always wants his own way . I like your thought. Me a horrible speller Isaac.