Buffalo GM Mode ep 14 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

What do you think of the Draft this year boys?

2. Deadliftbrosef

Deadliftbrosef Rookie 2

Seemed fine, although am curious to know what your line up is gonna look like for the season.

3. Andrew Pinner

Andrew Pinner Rookie

Jonny, i would trade Kane or Ennis for a goalie. leaner isn't getting it done maybe an older goalie so you can get him easier.

4. Tmac

Tmac Rookie

Johnny, I live in Windsor and watched Khoklhachev when he was playing with the Spitfires, and for the love of God, it's pronounced Coke-la-chev

5. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Veteran 3

Nice pick for first round 2nd overall sniper med elite.
    Not bad for low bottom six grinder on 2nd round
    Good pick for med top six on 3rd round
    Overall, draft is pretty good

You have 27.735 Million cap space left
    Sign for players:
    Alexander Khokhlachev, sam reinhart and jack eichel for big money, Nicholas Baptiste, erne. All of buffalo fans say keep kane for 4 more years

Release players:
    nate Thompson, r.garbutt, meszaros

Hopefully in the free agent: you need some depth forward and young potential in free agent. I hope you need a free agent goalie and you need to 2nd line right wing to replace by tyler ennis.

I hope Brendan Guhle, sean day, estephan, erne and carrier will grow in offseason.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  6. Seapker21

Seapker21 Rookie

On YouTube u said in the chat about a live stream how would I watch and what time is it at sorry I'm new here!!

7. detroitskills

detroitskills Rookie

Johnny baptiste has got to be a huge part of this team

8. Luis Muller

Luis Muller Rookie

The draft was really good with the medium elite pick. I think you should trade Evander Kane and Tyler Ennis for younger players that will fit your needs. Kane and Ennis just aren't getting shit done.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. New Joysey Devils

New Joysey Devils Rookie

The draft went better than I expected, but I think you should ship out Evander Kane and Tyler Ennis because they aren't getting their job done. Trade them for some young talent to fit in with your young team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Reilly4Mayor

Reilly4Mayor Rookie

yo Johnny obviously the leafs are have made up their mind about the goalie situation so that means Reimer who should be about 84 85 overall is probably available and splitting time between him and Lehner would improve your goalie situation so I think many of us would like to see OptimusReim in Buffalo

Attached Files:

11. hockey man 78

hockey man 78 Rookie 2

get hampus lindholm for evenander kane he is not getting it done and it will be good to get him back on the team

12. BlueBull

BlueBull General Manager

Ok, It's Time For You To Call Up Sean Day. He Is 82 Overall, He Can Still Grow In The Majors, And He Might Be Able To Be A Top 4 D This Year. Keep Guhle And Estephan Down In The Minors Until They Are 80 Overall +, If They Reach That Overall Keep Them Down There So They Can Have A Full Rookie Year Next Year.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Dav16

Dav16 Rookie

johhny you have a great core of players and a load of prospects coming up, now is the time to make a big move wether through free agency or a trade, the team is on the cusp of being great it needs that final piece to take it to the next level

14. ViS Stun

ViS Stun Rookie 2

I would trade Kane and Ennis in Free agency take a good look at your roster you have most positions covered look to add a young goalie and a #2/3 center in those trades, (remember high elite estephan will easily become a top 6 guy so no need to move for a franchise player you have enough) I don't know if Samsonov is in this game but he was a first round goalie in the 2015 draft in real life maybe get him or fucale to be your goalie

15. Michael Cudahy

Michael Cudahy Rookie 2

You had a strong draft, you should sort players in Progress Reports by modified attributes, that way you know if anyone is weakening or growing. Also Erne started as a Medium Top 9, the fact that he was Elite was awesome, Pu was also High Bottom 6. Look for a rental player that could become something.

16. John716

John716 Rookie

Good draft this year. Look to get rid og Ennis, Kane and Lehner. Keep your young elite prospects on the top line in the minors they will grow even better. Trade for picks this year and get some free agents to fill in for the loss of your players

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

I like the draft and while I did kinda question the Khokolachev trade (just call him Koko), it wasn't bad. I think the team is good as is right now, but don't be shocked if people start saying to trade Eichel. His potential has dropped and he has not had a satisfactory season as a first liner. Plus he is 88 overall with only an 86 for offensive awareness so he will ask for a lot of money but he will not be able to produce unless if it gets better. I stand by keeping Eichel for now, but right now, Reinhart is more of a key player than Eichel. Speaking of Reinhart actually, I think he deserves either captaincy or alternate captaincy because he has been your most dominant player offensive, hands down. I see goaltending as a point of concern if Lehner cannot improve, but give him a chance to prove himself because he hasn't exactly had a shutdown defense in front of him. Just leave the team the way it is for now.

Also, assuming you get fired, I firmly believe you should go back to old gen and play GM mode on Legacy Edition. Comparing this to the Stars series you did on twitch, it really did feel like you thoroughly enjoyed playing with Dallas whereas here it doesn't feel like you're enjoying it nearly as much. I don't generally like talking about your potential next gm mode series during a series, but I really want to point that out because this feels more like a drag than a game. Just my thoughts on it.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  18. Sniper14

Sniper14 Rookie

The trade for Khokhlachev was stupid, he had one year left on his deal and he was pissed right off, there was no way he would have resigned with Boston.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  19. BladesTheBruin

BladesTheBruin Rookie

Decent draft Johnny, I'd evaluate all options in Free Agency and exploring market for trades for Kane, Ennis, Lehner etc.

p.s. Like trade for Khokhlachev, but the Bruins fan in me was screaming at his butchered name

Coke-la-chev

20. Kened

Kened Rookie 2

Johnny, i think keeping Kane won't do you harm. Birkholz is gonna take a bit of time until hes NHL caliber. Trading Kane might not be so effective since you'll most likely just get back a LW that's similar to him. You should let him go in free agency and sign someone with Kanes caliber in FA. For Ennis, I would leave him. He can still put up a healthy amount of points.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List