Buffalo GM Mode ep 15 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

Big Offseason boys, but there are still moves to be made. What should we do with the surplus of players?

2. Deadliftbrosef

Deadliftbrosef Rookie 2

First off simulate for a good 10-15 games. Check how your players are doing, and then if your bottom 6 is not performing, start the trade machine.
    And keep an eye on Lehner. If he does not perform well ( a good GAA, and Save % ), you might wanna think about having another starter. Just saying.

3. Naterhater

Naterhater Rookie

Just trade what ever you need to to get an elite goalie. Goalies are what win championships not a bunch of young gun forwards that probably won't raise above 86 overall.

4. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

For Stuart Skinner, use him as a starter so his morale goes up from all the games played. It will help him. I also think that you need to change the lines because this team has not been doing well and I will heavily emphasize one player: Eichel. I think you should try these for your lines:
    Kane-O'Reilly-Reinhart
    Eichel-Turris-Erne
    Killorn-Girgensons-Baptiste
    Carrier-Larsson-Kirkland

Hedman-Bogosian
    Day-Ristolainen
    Guhle-Franson

Just curious, can you show us Erne's stats? If he has stat imbalances, use Girgensons instead because serious stat imbalances will stay for the most part.

On the idea of trading Lehner for like a Lundqvist or Luongo, that is risky because of the age and Stuart Skinner could take a while to develop. Remember MacKenzie Savard from Ottawa? He was drafted in year two and became the starter in like year six or seven and then elite in I think it was year eight. You would be safer dealing Lehner and those players for a Tuukka Rask than anything, but no way Boston would do that.

Lastly, I have defended some of your past moves, but damn I didn't like some of those moves. Yes Turris will help the team, but 8 mil? Yes you will trade him but if he drops and he doesn't recover, you will be stuck with the deal. I also hated the Kane deal. He has barely played up to a 6 million dollar deal, nevertheless 6.5. I don't mean to sound aggressive here, but some of those deals felt a lot like Dave Nonis moves. This team is going to hit a serious cap wall at some point and it won't be pretty. I don't know any other way to put it, it does feel like you see a hole and you fill it with 13% of your salary cap space which will hurt you. I'm fine with the Reinhart contract, he has earned that. I'm torn on the Hedman deal because 9 mil is a lot but he's 91 overall. I don't like the Eichel deal because he has not preformed terribly well. Again, I don't know how else to put it but I did not like most of those contracts. And about the contracts, can you show us the resigning of players as well because I'm curious about what the players wanted vs what you gave them.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. TheStarsFan

TheStarsFan Rookie 3

My opinion, dont make any unnecessary moves that you dont have to make.

You've hyped Skinner into a rising star and some of the once young goalies in the minors could be shaken up but as long as you have a full roster in the NHL and AHL keep running with who you have. That aquisition of Hedman might turn out to be a "taylor hall" of sorts (from Ottawa's GM) seeing as the first year you signed him, you were, yet again, a bottom 5 team.

I'm not usually a fan of veterans on a team because they degrade rather then improve and on expensive contracts aren't worth keeping around but except for guys like Franson there's nobody really older then 23 maybe dont look for draft picks this year and if necessary, "package some future for some now"

6. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Superstar

Well here we are in year four of NHL and AHL regular season sim.
    Check the stats between erne and baptiste for awareness
    It's tough for year four NHL lineup to decide for keep or trade.

Here is my lineup for NHL
    First line: eichel-sniper, o'reilly-2 way forward, reinhart-playmaker-> keep on last season
    second line: kane-sniper, turris-playmaker, erne-power forward switch to right wing
    Third line: spencer Watson-sniper, cokehlachev-playmaker, Baptiste-power forward
    Fourth line: killron-two way forward, Larsson-two way forward, Kirkland-power forward

Defense:
    Hedman-TWD, Bogosian-TWD
    Day-TWD, ristolainen-TWD
    Guhle-TWD, Franson-OFD
    Goalie:
    lehner-> keep eye on his GAA and save percentage when you sim. If he struggle then get Anderson from ducks but he keep doing good then keep him until skinner will be grow overall
    kahkonen

For 5 on 5 powerplay
    first line: eichel-sniper, o'reilly-2 way forward, reinhart-playmaker
    Defense: hedman, bogosian
    second line: kane-sniper, turris-playmaker, erne-power forward
    Defense: Ristolainen, franson

For 4 on 3 powerplay
    First line: o'reilly-two way forward, reinhart-playmaker
    Defense: hedman-bogosian
    Second line: turris-playmaker, eichel-sniper
    Defense: ristolainen, erne-power forward

Penalty kill
    First defense: hedman-TWD and sean day-TWD
    Second line: turris-playmaker, baptiste-power forward
    Second defense: Guhle-twd, Ristolainen-twd

3 man penalty kill:
    First line: o'reilly-two way forward
    Defense: hedman, bogosian
    second line center: turris-playmaker
    defense: Sean day-b.guhle

4 on 4 line
    defense: hedman-bogosian
    Second line: turris-playmaker, eichel-sniper
    defense: Sean day-b.guhle
    third line: cokehlachev-playmaker, erne-power forward
    defense: Ristolainen, franson

For 3 on 3 overtime line:
    first line: o'reilly-two way forward, reinhart-playmaker, hedman-twd
    second line: turris-playmaker, eichel-sniper, bogosian-twd
    third line: cokehlachev-playmaker, erne-power forward, sean day-Twd

For AHL:
    Send down for estephan to AHL for one more year and put him on first line center.
    For ahl goalie: put Makarov as starter and skinner for backup goalie
    You don't have enough for AHL forward.

Trade bait:
    Girgensons because he didn't grow overall and no room put a penalty kill, carrier should be trade because his bottom six forward and gonchar-goalie for AHL forward and draft pick. I hope franson should trade for top six defenseman around 82 overall including backup goalie over 79 overall.

2019 draft scout:
    Get Bradley Calvert-OFD to turn high elite with 99 overall

I hope buffalo sabres young team of year four will make a playoffs this season if not make playoffs and I'm suggest to fire as G.M to go west coast.
    Good luck johnny and I'm count on you.

PS: It's hard for choose between those players on NHL roster.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. ryan12202000

ryan12202000 Rookie

Johnny you need a another left wing for 3rd line because killorn is dropping you should try to get a guy who is like 85 overall like a brenden gallagher situation it will give you more depth down the Offence lines

8. NextGenGMJay

NextGenGMJay Rookie 3

Another in depth analysis of your offseason:

Question 1: What to do about Skinner?

Simply put he has to play #1 Goalie minutes in the AHL to really get his OVR moving.

He only went up 2 points from Juniors to AHL over the offseason.

In order to do that he is going to have to be the better goalie in the AHL; that means you have to sit or trade anyone with higher OVR.

I would just trade Khakonen, Herbst, and Makarov now for AHL forwards or draft picks.

After bringing up 3 forwards as potential NHL players you only have 9 forwards in the AHL, and since my recommendation will be to send just 1 back down, you would need to pick up 2 more.

You do not have to have more than 4 goalies on your team. Mostly because your injuries are off. But even if they were on, the game will automatically create a 70 OVR AHL goalie if you have to call one up to play backup in the NHL. They will then stay on your AHL squad even after your AHL goalie returns.

That leaves just Gonchar. Unfortunately he has better OVR than Skinner so he will likely be chosen as the #1 goalie. To get around this, you could bring in a goalie with lower OVR than Skinner and just sit Gonchar. Of all your AHL caliber goalies, he has the best potential behind Skinner, so I wouldn’t offload him just yet, but sitting him will likely hurt his growth... so pick your poison.

Bringing in a 60-something AHL goalie will mean a tough year for the AHL squad. If you choose not to do this, Skinner could take longer to develop by burning a year as AHL backup.

And remember, Skinner is just listed as a High potential Starter... not ELITE. He may never get good enough to carry this team. You need an ELITE goalie to win the cup, haven't seen it done any other way.

Question 2: What to do with the NHL Roster this year? This is much more complex.

The way I see, and what I would do, is to trade 4 skaters now for an ELITE goalie with an OVR of at least 88; and potentially a 5th one at the trade deadline depending on how his season is going.

The 4 I would trade are Kane, Watson, Killorn, and Carrier.

If you want to bring in an ELITE goalie that has established themselves, you need money to do it.

Currently you have $2.285M in cap space, so Kane is an obvious choice simply because his $6.5M frees up a ton of money you are going to need. Killorn is dead weight, he is 27 and not going to improve anymore, and again, you need his $3M. Watson in the deal because, you will need the trade value to get the goalie. Kane gives you what I would consider Great-Good value, Watson adds Good value, and Killorn adds Fair value.

If you don’t want to give up Watson, you could offload Larsson or Girgensons. Girgensons has slightly better trade value, Larsson slightly less, than Watson. Both options open up more cap space than Watson would as well. Girgensons is in his final year of his current contract for $2.5M, Larsson has several years at $2.75M. Girgensons is the better defensive forward and rarely disappoints me, and I find that Larsson tends to bitch and underperform quite a bit. Still my first instinct would be to use Watson now, because in the future the RW position is really full.

All said, you may or may not have to eject a Draft Pick of some sort to make it work, but bottom line you need a goalie if you want to make it to the playoffs and Lehner isn’t the guy.

That said I WOULD NOT trade Lehner!!! You need a decent backup goalie and to be frank, a 78 or 79 isn’t going to get the job done. Turn that 86 Lehner into your Backup with a sick 89 or 90 ELITE goalie and you will be top of your division at the end of the year. Lehner’s OVR will drop down to around 84 at the end of this season, and then probably 83 or 82 at the end of the following season. Hopefully by then, Skinner will be ready to come up and can Backup your ELITE Goalie for a season, or two, or forever if he himself does not reach ELITE status.

Moving onto Carrier; he has poor trade value, but really you don’t want him on your 4th line because his Defensive stats are not good (3 star in Defensive Category). Besides, he is a sniper and I’ve found that snipers just don’t do well on the 4th line (in most cases).

I would move him for $1.25M more in cap space and look to pick up a temporary 4th line center and right winger. You won’t need the center for more than a single year because you have a prospect that is almost ready to come up but needs just 1 more year of seasoning down in the AHL (more on him in a moment).

Also, moving Carrier would let Kirkland play on the LW like he is supposed to (more on that in a moment, also)

The 5th skater I would potentially move (at the Trade Deadline) is Franson. Sure his OVR is 84 but he is 31 (9g 20a -11 last year) and is a potential 7th D currently. That scares me. You’ll need to keep a VERY close eye on him and move him if his OVR starts dropping like a rock. You want to get as much out of his $3.75M contract as possible, and he still has Good-Fair trade value. But that may fall with his OVR so again, keep an eye on him. It might be worth just pulling the trigger now, but you could gamble if you want.

Question 3: What to do with the Scratched players.

With the trades just mentioned above, you now have some holes to fill, but only 1 of these scratch players is ready to fill them (I would have traded another away). I would definitely get Khokhlachev into the mix. You just picked him up in a trade in the draft, and he was pissed at Boston for not playing him. I’d get him Centering the 3rd Line. (more details on that below)

You already know I would trade Watson, because of trade value and lack of space at RW now and in the future.

That leaves Estephan. Even though he is 81 Elite, he is only 21 and could really use 1 more year in the AHL. I would put him on your first line with two other prospects to really give them a boost (more on that below, as well).

This year’s Lines:

If you make no changes your line make up for the 18-19 season would be:

88 SNP – 91 TWF – 91 PLY

87 SNP – 88 PLY – 84 PWF

83 TWF – 84 TWF – 84 PWF

82 SNP – 83 TWF – 82 PWF

I don’t love the chemistry on Line 3, and you have two lines where LW players are playing RW (Lines 2 and 4)

My recommendation for this year’s lines (with Trades I mentioned above)

Eichel – O’Reilly – Reinhart

Erne – Turris – Larsson

Girgensons – Khokhlachev – Baptiste

Kirkland – TBD – TBD

Line 1 – no changes

Line 2 – Trade Kane and move Larsson up (Pretty sure he has better offensive stats than Girgensons and he will do nothing but piss and moan if he doesn't get his icetime)

Line 3 – Move Girgensons to the LW to make room for Khokhlachev to avoid a morale hit.

Line 4 – Move Larsson to Line 2 to make room for a Center Grinder and to avoid a morale hit. Pick up yet another strong defensive Centerman (26-27 years old around 82 overall) who can play any position down there for a year or two while your other prospects develop. Depending on how they do this year, you may not need these TBD players for more than a year. However, if things don't flesh out the way they should, having a couple of decent defensive forwards down there that have flexibility in moving around is always good.

Draft of 2019:

This year, in my GM (different Active Roster version than yours) there is an insane Defenseman (Bradley Calvert - OFD) that goes in the top 5 (went #4 to Florida Panthers in mine). He ends up being 99 OVR and is ridiculous. You’ll need to replace Hedman eventually, this is the guy to do it.

Pretty sure he is a computer generated player, so really pay attention to where the projected top 10 players are and scout them heavily. You can assign the scout to a 1 week job, then go and check the “All Prospects in the region” to see who is projected top 10. After going through all the regions – without advancing the day, and writing down which have Forwards/Defensemen/Goalies -- use that as a master list for scouting.

To get the pick you need, you can trade Turris because you have a PLY center that should grow into that 2nd line role in Kokhlachev (83 with a Top 6 potential).

Rosters in Future Years:

Because you currently really only have 2 guys in the AHL that are going to impact your roster in a significant way, and a 3rd that will be a real boon to the team, you don’t have a ton of shuffling to do, but there will need to be some here over the next few years.

Kutak, currently a 79 PLY Center, will be ready to anchor your 4th line next year. He still needs one more year to be really ready to lock that down. He is a Top 9 potential with really good defensive stats which makes him perfect for the 4th line, and he isn’t likely to complain much about playing on it. I would play him on your 1st Line AHL team with Estephan (81 TWF) to his left and Aaltonen (74 PWF) to his right.

This will give Aaltonen a nice boost since he is an ELITE player, he needs to be playing 1st line minutes as much as possible. His 74 will hopefully grow to 78 by then end of the season, 81 by the beginning of next season, and he should be ready to play on the 3rd line in the NHL at an 83-84 in the 2020-21 season.

Birkholz is your other ELITE RW player. It’s going to take at least 3 years to develop him. At 19 he is in the juniors right now. Next year at 20, they may keep him down there – I have had that happen to me. If not, he should be getting 1st line AHL minutes with Aaltonen next year. He should end that year near 80. I would keep him down in the AHL one more year after that, so he can jump right into the 3rd Line in the 2021-22 season.

Future Rosters for 2019-20, 20-21, and 21-22:

2019-20

Eichel – O’Reilly – Reinhart

Erne – Khokhlachev – Larsson

Girgensons – Estephan – Baptiste

Kirkland – Kutak – TBD

You will need to make room on the RW after this year, and if you do well, trading O’Reilly during the draft to move up and get a top 5 pick is viable with Erne growing into an ELITE role. It will also open up some cap space.

2020-21

Erne – Reinhart – Eichel

Girgensons – Estephan – Larsson

Kirkland* – Khokhlachev – Aaltonen

TBD – Kutak – Baptiste

*Kirkland may be ready for L2 this particular season, it's unlikely but if so he and Girgensons switch lines.

2021-22

Erne – Reinhart – Estephan

Larsson – Eichel (as a PLY) – Aaltonen

Kirkland – Khokhlachev – Birkholz

Girgensons – Kutak – Baptiste

This particular year is really hit or miss. There are a lot of iterations you could end up with by this season, depending on who you keep and all of their individual growths.

On the Defensemen side of things:
    I didn’t see a decent defensemen prospect coming up (Top 6 D was the best you’ve got). So I would focus on picking up a Defensemen this year.

Remember it is this upcoming draft that has that ridiculous defensemen Bradley Calvert I mentioned above.

It will still take him 3-4 years to take that Top 2 spot, however.

Hedman is 27 with a 90 OVR, he should be good until the next franchise defensemen can get trained up to take his place.

Bogosian on the other hand is 28 and in 3 years he will likely be where Franson is now, teetering on the brink of disaster.

I think Bogosian will be fine this year, and you should start to see his drop off next year or if you are lucky, the year after that. Watch his penalty minutes, the higher they go, the slower he is getting out there and just can’t keep up with the youngens.

Good Luck.

9. Tricky

Tricky Rookie 3

I dont know if you noticed but Turris is classed as a first liner and if you play him in the 2nd line he will get mad and start going down in overall so give him first line pk or pp so he doesn't get mad

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Superstar

I agree with your post. If he can find a backup goalie and two ahl forward then that will be fine. Here is situation: spencer Watson suppose to be top nine forward. I will try to trade carrier because his bottom six and put cokehlachev on third line center instead girgensons. There is no room for girgensons. If johnny is free up cap space for trade carrier, girgensons, killron and some ahl goalie for either third or fourth line to boost a chemistry and backup goalie over 79 overall. Lehner should not trade bit.
    In your florida gm mode, where Bradley Calvert - OFD of WHL or somewhere league to scout.
    Your good analysis. I hope johnny will see it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  11. hockey man 78

hockey man 78 Rookie 2

in free agancy there was a hight elit right winger ryan sheahan get him

12. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Kyle Turris is listed as a 1st line player. If he doesn't get 1st line time he's going to get pissed. You know who you got and didn't play him in his role and who then got very pissed and destroyed your locker room chemistry? Matt Freaking Irwin. So unless you work out some magic with the lines, it looks like you'll have bad chemistry which means bad season.

As far as goalies go, trade Khakonen and another goalie and maybe some draft picks that you don't need for a solid 83-84 backup. Lehner just can't carry the team by himself. Stuart Skinner needs starting time in order to grow. Also I would not get your hopes up about him. He's only a high starter. If you play him right he could jump to elite or franchise.

For lines, here's a tip. Look at everybody's morale and who they have high chemistry with. Matching players with high chemistry improves morale and sometimes even potential and overall. I'm not saying to put an 80 overall and a 91 overall on the first line together, but say there's an 83-84ish forward who has high chemistry with a defenseman maybe, put them on the point together for powerplay time. If the forward's young it will really help his growth. (ex: Adam Erne)

That's about all I have to say. Morale is so so so important for a good sim. I hope to see your Sabres make the playoffs! I watch them miss it in real life and I don't want to re-live that pain with your series. Let'sGoBuffalo!

13. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

He was 26 years old and only low 80s. Not much of a future for him.

14. hockey man 78

hockey man 78 Rookie 2

trade evander kane. some over your prospect forwards will br ready at the end of this year. if at the trade deadline you are a playoff team keep him till the draft but if not get rid off him at the deadline.

15. Brew22

Brew22 Legend 3 LEGEND

Trade Carrier and Larsson in a package for a goalie since they aren't great 4th liners and are more suited for a top 9 role. Then put Estephan as 4th line center because he isn't good enough for anywhere else, and put Khokhlachev as third line wing and Killorn as 4th line wing since Killorn is better suited to play 4th line compared to Khokhlachev. Erne is a perfect third liner, and Baptiste is a better offensive player so he could tear it up with Kane and Turris and end up really growing this year.

Eichel-O'Reilly-Reinhart
    Kane-Turris-Baptiste
    Erne-Girgensons-Khokhlachev
    Killorn-Estephan-Kirkland

16. NextGenGMJay

NextGenGMJay Rookie 3

RE Tricky and Doclaf:
    Turris is not going to get upset playing second line as long as he gets PP/PK time too. He will also not get upset if the team is winning. I have 4 90+ forwards on my team, someone has to play 2nd line even though they all say they are 1st line forwards. The odd man out doesn't get pissed because we tear it up. It's not a huge deal if you can make sure they get the time one way or another. I think Turris is fine where he is.

RE Doclaf:
    Lehner isn't getting it done at 86, and that isn't going to change by getting him an 82-83 backup. He has been the number 1 guy for three years and it's not like he had terrible defensemen in front of him, or awful forwards (with the exception of last years OAF 4th line of Garbutt, Thompson, and Campbell). He just doesn't sim as well as his rating says he should. Bottom 5 team for 3 years straight, that's on him more than anyone else. He has also stopped growing, since he turned 27, and will only get worse! He is fine as a backup where all he has to do is play 20 games and win half of them. My big concern is Skinner. As you mentioned he is just a Starter... he needs to see growth to ELITE this year or next, or I would just plan on him being the back up to whomever Johnny gets as ELITE goalie, because that would just be Lehner all over again. I think Skinner has that potential to reach ELITE status because his trade value is really good, so it's just a wait and see and play him as much as possible.
    Starters just aren't good enough to win a cup in this game without a whole lot of help. You need an ELITE goalie.

RE Hockeyman 78:
    Even if Shehan was available (and I doubt he is) I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. 81 ovr at 26 years old... epic failure is more like it. Certainly not going to reach ELITE status or stats.
    If you are thinking about trading Kane, now is the time to do it not at the trade deadline. You have at least 1 prospect that can benefit from his being moved right now (Khokhlachev by opening up a slot on the 3rd line because someone moves up to the 2nd line), and again if you want an ELITE goalie you are going to need his salary because you are down to 2 million in cap space and it's going to take 8-10 million depending on the age and overall rating of the ELITE goalie. And it makes more sense to get the ELITE goalie now before the season starts.

RE Matt Lee:
    Can't remember where Bradley Calvert was playing at the time. His 4th round pick by Florida happened in my Buffalo GM, I ended up picking up someone else that is melting face too, but not that well -- maybe Duffy or Ladd, can't remember and the wife is watching t.v. so I can't check right now. If I recall correctly, the 2019 draft is a good year for prospects, so multiple 1st round picks could go a long way toward setting up for the future.

As for Watson, I don't see a reason not to trade him to secure an ELITE goalie. You really need his trade value for it, and he's cap hit is practically nothing which will probably matter when you are trying to land that goalie from a team that has cap space issues. And he really doesn't have a future spot with an ELITE sniper coming up behind him. I say, get what you can out of him now before he starts to age without growth and loses trade value as a result.

RE Brew22:
    I really don't like the idea of putting Estephan on the 4th line at 21 years old and 81 OVR. His defensive stats are really not that good, so you want to protect him from having a bad year and not growing by playing him in a situation in which he can dominate and continue to grow, ie. AHL. If you put him on the 4th line now, he gets killed for an entire year, puts up 12-15 points because he gets no ice time, and grows to an 82. In the AHL he can light it up, help other prospects grow big time, and potentially hit 84 by the end of the year. There are certain players you want to skip the 4th line with, most of them are ELITE status with (or without) terrible defensive stats, Estephan is one of them. Again, it's all about icetime and the opportunities for growth... there is a big difference between NHL 4th line and AHL 1st line, and I am not talking about caliber of opponents, just pure icetime and experience playing the position.

17. Erratic Luck

Erratic Luck General Manager

Trade Killorn, Carrier, Larrson and Lehner for a better goalie

18. NHBergy37

NHBergy37 Rookie 2

Trade 2 forwards and Bogosian for an 87-90 overall defenseman and trade 1 forward and Lehner for an 87-89 goalie.

P.S. Khoklachev is koh-kluh-chev

19. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

The getting pissed attitude isn't in all players. A huge thing with new gen is that players have one of many different personality types. Some players respond well when you tell them that they're not producing, some respond well when you feed their ego, etc... The reason I think Turris is going to be upset is because from personal experience, the players most likely to get angry are gotten from free agency. Turris has been a first liner on what I can only imagine to be a decent Senators team. He'll get angry because now he'll be playing on the second line for a less than amazing team. It makes sense for him to be mad.

I like your take on the Watson trade. As far as Lehner goes, I know he's not winning a stanley cup but I doubt that the goal of this year is to win a cup. I doubt the locker room chemistry will allow it. So he's decent with a solid backup until Skinner is ready, or until Johnny can get a veteran on the team. Estephan doesn't have good defense you're right, but he'll be fine. Lot's of growth from him.

20. 204gamer

204gamer Rookie

I think you should go after a young solid offensive d-man to help with you offense. Check out Jake Bean I drafted him in my jets gm and he turned out to be a high elite dman. After 1 year in the miners he got up to an 85 and came over and played top 4 mins with enstrom rose to a 88 and took over for buff when he retired. And hes good all around and scored consistently over 20 goals for me every year. Move franson and one of your bottom six prospects to make room for Watson he should also turn out really good.