Buffalo GM Mode ep 15 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Jan 7, 2016.

1. TheHolySlapper

TheHolySlapper Veteran

I just hope you would be more consistent with your uploads since GM Mode Commentaries are your go to series in the channel after all, although Be a Pro with ZOD has gained some serious popularity as well lately.

2. Johnny, what I think you should do is either have another bad season to get another good defensive prospect, or go for it all. if you do the latter, you would have to make some moves because I don't think this team can do it otherwise

3. Evgeni Malkin 71

Evgeni Malkin 71 Rookie 3

I found this thing on NHL 16 that shows the Max. Chemistry lines
    This is for offense:
    PLY PLY SNP
    PLY TWF SNP
    TWF TWF TWF
    GRN GRN TWF
    TWF PLY PWF
    SNP PLY GRN
    GRN GRN GRN
    (Note it could also work like:
    PLY PLY SNP to SNP PLY PLY)
    This is for defense:
    OFD DFD
    TWD TWD
    DFD OFD
    Just in case the terms mean:
    PLY: Playmaker
    SNP: Sniper
    PWF: Power Forward
    GRN: Grinder
    OFD: Offensive Defender
    DFD: Defensive Defender
    TWD: Two Way Defender

4. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

Chemistry doesn't affect the simulation though. It's all about individual stats, chemistry is something that was in HUT.

5. 204gamer

204gamer Rookie

He just needs to grab Jake Bean right now. He has lits of trade bait and he needs to make room for Spencer watson

6. 204gamer

204gamer Rookie

Grab Jake bean, I'm my gm I drafted him 3rd with Winnipeg. He turned to a high elite and was an 85 after one year with the moose. I slotted him in on the second pairing with enstrom and he was a plus player every year, scored 20+ goals for me every year and was a presence player. He also jumped in on the first pairing with myers after buff retired a few years later, was an 88/89 overall after his second NHL season. He may have high trade value now but give it a shot. You have plenty of trade bait, use one or a few of your bottom 6 and maybe a prospect for him. You need to make room in the lineup for Spencer Watson he should also be a solid top 6 or even an elite player.

7. D-DOGG

D-DOGG Rookie

I think you should make a trade with a few players for a veteran starting goalie. He may be a little young for what your looking for but I noticed that Andersen is on the trading block. Other goalies could be Crawford, Fleury, Lundqvist or Rinne who would all be between 32 and 35 years old and I think have at least a 88 overall. Assuming Miller and Luongo have already retired. You do have 6 centers and 4 potential top 6 wingers, 3 of which are a power forward. Not sure of the trade value but maybe Lehner, Girgenson, Kirkland, and Franson for Rinne? Something like that.

8. NextGenGMJay

NextGenGMJay Rookie 3

He doesn't need a defenseman right now, Franson should be able to get him to the trade deadline where he can offload him then. And he doesn't need to make room for Watson who in his roster version of the GM has a Top 9 potential. Who he needs to make room for is the 2 ELITE right wingers that are coming up next year and the year after that... Watson won't produce nearly as much as they will. He also needs a decent goalie pairing. Trading Watson and others will land him that ELITE goalie he needs and retaining Lehner will give him the back up he needs so team morale doesn't Ping-Pong "due to roster moves" every time the starter and the backup switch out as is apt to happen when the two goalies are too far apart in overall rating.

9. NextGenGMJay

NextGenGMJay Rookie 3

Why would he bring in a 32 to 35 year old goalie when he has a prospect that might, in a perfect world, get to 86 overall and could turn out to be just as bad of a goalie as Lehner is now? Skinner won't even be at that level for another 3 years! Dear God... that would be terrible.

Why do people always say, go for this guy or that guy. How about go get the right guy with the right age and stats, for crying out loud. You need to look at the big picture here and do a little planning for the future.

10. NextGenGMJay

NextGenGMJay Rookie 3

Yeah, but if he followed that rudimentary set up for line player types, they would have the appropriate stats.

So it's just another way of doing the same thing (6 of 1, half a dozen of another).

Using the chart = picking players with the right stats. (ie. PLY-PLY-SNP = player with good passing - player with good passing - player with good shooting).

11. D-DOGG

D-DOGG Rookie

Im just trying to help with what Johnny wants to do. He said it himself get a veteran goalie until Skinner comes up.

12. Evgeni Malkin 71

He needs defense! Hedman will not produce!

13. NextGenGMJay

NextGenGMJay Rookie 3

If you're relying on defenseman to put up points to win you games, you are doing it wrong.
    Five of his 6 NHL defensemen are adequate, the only questionable one is Franson because of his age and stats from last year (which were abysmal).

If Franson does $h!t the bed this year, having one bad defenseman isn't going to keep him out of the playoffs, which is the goal this year.

Does he need Defensemen prospects? Absolutely, but he doesn't need another defenseman for his NHL squad right now. He needs a goalie that can keep the puck out of the net for 50-60 games, and Lehner has proven he can't do that... not as a starter.

Now, if you mean Hedman will not produce defensively without a top 2 defenseman by his side, I simply disagree with you whole heartedly.

14. NextGenGMJay

NextGenGMJay Rookie 3

I think that trying to help is admirable, and your input is welcome. I just disagreed with it, and pointed out why it would not be a good idea to go that particular route.

15. Evgeni Malkin 71

Headman isn't producing.