Buffalo GM Mode ep 17 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

THE LIGHT!!!! I SEE THE LIGHT!!!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

Just saying don't trade Sean Day. He's an important player for the Sabres. Your offense looks great but you really need to improve that defense core. Hedman is the only great and star defenseman. That addition of Pominville was good, And the sabres started to win games but defense. Allowd 8 goals, 7 goals, 5 goals, that is not good and sabres can make the playoffs as they are just behind the panthers. If the sabres keep losing, trade, if they keep winning, keep it the same as you trust them. And also its better for you to sim from the HUB screen.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Tyler Carter

Tyler Carter Hall of Famer 2

Don't move Buffalo's 1st round pick (if you end up bombing the season, that first will come back to bite you) and go for Gustav Nyquist with LA's first and maybe a 2nd round pick. Before that, I'd wait and see if the ship rights itself; you're doing decently as of late. This seems awfully a lot like a trade just to make a trade. Give it another two weeks or so and then see where you sit.

And on an unrelated note, I think you should go back to old-gen for the next GM Mode. The morale system is ridiculously broken; the simulation engine is as well.

4. Scott Nelson

Scott Nelson Rookie

Johnny, if it ain't broken dont fix it. Your team had a great streak going at the end of the video. There is no point in making a blockbuster unless your season goes real sour at the end. The trade for Pominvile paid off but it is not worth the risk to mess up the chemistry when the year is finally starting to take a turn for the better

5. Evgeni Malkin 71

Evgeni Malkin 71 Rookie 3

Get more draft picks. You will need them if you suck this season.

6. dillweed969902

dillweed969902 Rookie

Right now, with the current situation you are in, I would keep the team the way it is. The chemistry is really good right now with everyone being happy and you really shouldn't tamper with it. Also since the Pominville trade, the team has really been killing it. I wouldn't trade anyone right now, but at least wait until the trade deadline if you want to make a move.

7. NoName Boy

NoName Boy Rookie 2

Go for Tatar, same as Simmons but younger. Simmons can give you 4/5 years and Tatar 7-8 and if you want it in the future use him as trade bate

8. Pwnpiie

Pwnpiie Rookie

Johnny this is your chance to win! Trade Jack Eichel straight up for Tatar (Jack just didn't turn out well) and then trade a 1st, 2nd, and roster player for Nyquist. This would set up your lines perfectly with a nice combination of player types.
    Tatar - O'Reilly - Reinhart
    Kane - Turris - Nyquist
    Please think about this, don't worry about the moral dropping for a second bc after two games it will be fine and then it's all uphill from then on! Your team will be amazing after this!

P.S if you can't do Jack Eichel straight up for Tatar throw in those high value unsigned prospects since you seem to be deleting this profile after this season.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  9. MrGuy9021

MrGuy9021 Pro

Your team is winning right now. It'd be a mistake to make a trade that may disrupt team chemistry. Though, if you do plan on making one... do you really care about years in the future ramification? If you don't make the playoffs you'll be fired. There's no point in not getting a guy on a 4-year contract, since that would just end up being the next GM's problems.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  10. Ricey888

Ricey888 Rookie

CHECK THE AHL MORALE!! IT HELPS ALOT WITH DEVOLVING THEM AND MAKING THEM ALOT BETTER!!

11. hockey man 78

hockey man 78 Rookie 2

trade evander kane and la kings first rounder for thomas tater . he is a left wing sniper same as kane the same age as well. yu are basicllay upgrading for a better player. it will help you in the long run and short run and kanes value is droping evry year and eventully it will be nothing. trus me do this trade.

12. habsfan2159

habsfan2159 Veteran

I think you should go after Wayne his stats are amazing and could help the team but he is going to ask for 5-6 mil at the end of this year so make sure to unload some cap going back so you have money to resign him and some free agents if you need to

13. Naterhater

Naterhater Rookie

If you have to trade one of them, trade for nyquist. He's only 1 overall lower, has less cap and a lot less trade value. You could probably trade one of your picks and maybe downie for him. I would also suggest taking a closer look at Giordano, he's not to old and really a four year contract is not that long and he would help your defensive core a ton. He's also a veteran who could being in some experience.

14. Sean Godbold

Sean Godbold Rookie

Try to get defensemen that have def awareness between 88 or more that will help

15. James Neal

James Neal Rookie

[QUOTE="Johnny Superbman, Trade for Wayne Simmonds he has the same potical as Tomas Tatar

16. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Trading Jack Eichel would just mess up the team entirely. It would kill the locker room chemistry which has been great. You can't just trade away core players like that without consequences.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Johnny a trade is not necessary. Ever since the Pomminville trade which was in my opinion one of the smartest trades this GM mode, the chemistry has been amazing. Morale and locker room chemistry are the highest they've ever been. Don't just trade to make a trade. You have something here. Nurture it.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Superstar

Johnny: don't listen to troll that demand a trade. Just keep your team until regular season end. I know that division is getting weaker, just forget about maple leafs and Canadians. Pominville is a great trade and boost the locker chemistry. Checking stats and standings after sim every two weeks. Just wait for trade until draft day. I could see a light Light to make a playoffs!

Check the AHL locker chemistry, it's way down. Try to boost up the chemistry and role line. Rochester americans: 21W-20L-3OTL. Then both team will make a playoffs.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  19. Crosberry87

Crosberry87 Rookie

How many times do you have to be told to stop making trades Johnny!! Leave the team the same, they're good enough already. Do nothing for at least a season.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  20. UpYourSisters5Hole

UpYourSisters5Hole Rookie 2

That streak you went on built the chemistry and got the boys rolling, why kill the momentum by trading someone away? Keep the team how it is at least until the deadline. Your division is weak this year, you can easily snatch up a Wild Card spot. Save the blockbusters for off-season, you taught me that Johnny.