Buffalo GM Mode ep 17 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Jan 21, 2016.

1. NextGenGMJay

NextGenGMJay Rookie 3

I don't think a trade at this time is the right move.
    You just went 8-2-2 over your last 12 (since the trade for Pominville) and you are around 1 point out of second place in your division.
    Still, Montreal has 1 game in hand and Florida has 2 games in hand over you, so there is nothing you can do about that if things continue to turn around you should be fine, but if things come off the rails, your playoff hopes are going to be determined by them come the end of the year.

That said, things are starting to gel and you are still a few weeks from the trade deadline.
    If you are going to make a move, the trade deadline is the day to do it.
    And even then, I would go for a defenseman, not another forward unless you really see a lack of scoring as your problem over the next few weeks.

Your other option is to hamstring a team in your division and trade your draft pick for a vital piece of their puzzle. It's a janky way to game the system, but you could hobble a team while making yours better to ensure you get the playoffs this year.
    But that's questionable sportsmanship.

By the way, you are still missing a ton of morale opportunities.
    I know you think it will take longer, and you're probably right, but it is worth it to sim from the HUB screen.

You missed a team meeting after winning 5 games in a row -- having that meeting may have extend the streak with a little extra positive morale boost before the game.

Team meetings are held on the day of a game, almost never on off days (the playoffs can be the exception for when you win the series the meeting happens the day after the game). We have also told you already when meetings pop up.

You also missed a team meeting on Jan 9th against Toronto (the Buffalo Sabers rival for GM mode purposes).

You play them a bunch after the trade deadline so it will be ABSOLUTELY VITAL that you hold those team meetings to give your players the rivalry moral boost advantage. You play them at least three more times, maybe 4 if they are one of your last games of the season and they are in first in your division. You NEED those wins badly if you want to make the playoffs.

You also have a bunch of division games down the stretch, 12 of them between March 6 and April 5, with a few more potentially at the end of the year.

This year is going to come down to a race for playoff spots, should be a fun finish to watch.

Good Luck

2. Rottweiler66

Rottweiler66 Rookie

I think the biggest issue is Johnny's team morale. There are TEAM MEETINGS the day of any game with a rival team! Also, 1st game of the season, 1st game of playoffs, vs best team in the league, streaks and other important games, etc... you can't just check random days once in a while. Important game days! Team meetings are even more important than player meetings. I just won back to back cups in my sim with a locker room chemistry pushing 90% by playoff time. (option #2 in team meetings FTW)

3. A White Oreo

A White Oreo Rookie

Your first + Erne is more than enough for Nyquist + a third

4. Evgeni Malkin 71

Evgeni Malkin 71 Rookie 3

If we were to do this Turris would be more suitable for 1st line LW. Anyways why trade Eichel?

5. Vinny

Vinny Coach LEGEND

Johnny something sparked in this team. If I were you, I'd stay put right now and focus on getting the locker room chemistry up. It can be a pain doing it, but it's really the only way to be good in this game. A trade could really impact the team and make them have "anxiety". I believe we can make the playoffs, but the only way we can get near it is with morale and teem meetings

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

7. Chemical

Chemical Rookie

I think you should trade the draft picks for Simmons or nyquist. Then maybe trade future picks/young unsigned players for giordano.

Your morale will go up for acquiring top talent in nyquist and gio, but won't go down if you don't trade away current roster players.

8. Evgeni Malkin 71

Evgeni Malkin 71 Rookie 3

9. Chucky For 1st Line

Chucky For 1st Line Superstar

As an avid GM Mode user, I'd like to say that EA Logic is screwing you over right now. Your team is good enough, but the wins won't come your way. Maybe a little line shakup will give some better results.