Chris Sale Traded to the Red Sox!

Discussion in 'MLB' started by Brian Bull-Dozier, Dec 6, 2016.

1. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

wow, the Red Sox just got my vote for AL favorite. Just think of that rotation now. Porcello just won the Cy Young, although he had an off year David Price is still a stud, and Chris Sale who is a freaking amazing pitcher. Not only does that take the cake for the best rotation in the AL, it is also without a doubt pushing Washington's and Chicago's rotation for best in the MLB. They are also pretty set offensively with Hanley Ramirez, Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts, and Dustin Pedroia, and who knows who could break out after those guys. Just...wow.

2. Dion Phagoof

Dion Phagoof Superstar 3

They did win year, that's what I mean.

Perhaps, but they allegedly hate the Yankees. They're just hypocrites.

3. Brian Bull-Dozier

Brian Bull-Dozier Hall of Famer 2

Its not like the Yankees really copyrighted their claim to that strategy, its more of a big market team thing than specifically a Yankees thing.

4. Dion Phagoof

Dion Phagoof Superstar 3

True, but its associated more with the Yankees. Plus, throwing money at players is a big reason why the Yankees are hated so much, yet everyone turns a blind eye to it when its another team.

I'll leave it at that so this doesn't fill the thread.

5. Brian Bull-Dozier

A valid point, I could argue more but I'll let off with this..... :p

6. NorthernStar

NorthernStar Veteran 3

You forgot the best part... the jays aren't making the playoffs!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. John Tavares

John Tavares Hall of Famer 2

Great, now gotta deal with sale -__-

8. James Dunn24

James Dunn24 Veteran

Boston going to the WS

9. Stephen A. Smith

Stephen A. Smith Hall of Famer

Good trade for Boston. Not sure why the White Sox wanted to trade their Ace unless Sale didn't want to be in Chicago anymore.

10. Brian Bull-Dozier

They are rebuilding. Thats why. A really good pitcher like Sale will only hurt any rebuild chances.

11. Stephen A. Smith

Stephen A. Smith Hall of Famer

Still, trading guys like Sale, a fan favorite is gonna lose attendance, and fan attraction. You always want to be competitive in the MLB because it's much tougher to develop guys rather than just paying your already good players. MLB rebuilds are much different than NHL rebuilds because it can take 5, 10, maybe 15 years before you become decent again. Who knows though, that's why I wouldn't be a MLB GM if I had the choice.

12. Brian Bull-Dozier

An MLB rebuild does take longer for a reason. remember there is no real farm system in Hockey. Thats part of the reason the NHL draft is only 7 rounds long not like the 40 in MLB. It is needed because of the variety of players, positions and team needs that are needed to compete at a decent level in the majors. I do think that the White Sox will lose some attendance due to this trade but with the success of the cubs it will make up that loss. Also with the influx of new prospects, who have already started their road to the show, much of their development is already done. If they've gotten to the majors already regardless of how they performed when called up, their development is done, and all they need is experience and a lot of it. By the time they get to AAA their development is done. They only need to work on the mechanics and gaining experience from then on. Thats why they'll start back in the minors to get more experience.