Curry or Westbrook?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by LaichItOrlovIt, Nov 17, 2016.

1. LaichItOrlovIt

LaichItOrlovIt Hall of Famer

A Comparison that will never go away it seems. Who in your opinion is better and why? Who means more to their team?

Some say Westbrook is the better all around player cause of his knack to put up triple doubles.
    Some say Curry is better cause of back to back mvps and his shooting ability.
    I'm going with Curry. Here is why.

I believe that his ability to stretch the floor would translate to any team because the defense now has to extend farther which opens up passing lanes for guys underneath. Which is very effective on this current team and a huge reason on why the Warriors have been so good the past couple years. Let's say we take Curry off the Warriors, that leaves Durant, Klay, and Draymond. Still a pretty great team most would say but I contend that. Draymond will have less room to operate in the high pick and roll area he uses and because the defense shrinks in he won't be able to beat guys off the dribble the way he does now. Durant would then become your main ball handler because he is the one that could get open shots but Klay Thompson gets far less open shots because he does not have great ball handling ability. The Warriors as currently constructed are much smaller than most opposing teams. Meaning with no Curry the defense shrinks and takes away any advantage that small ball game gives them in rebounding and defense. We talk about his ability to shoot the three like it is so menial because of the ease at which Curry does it, but when you take that ability to shoot from 40 at a better rate than anyone is shooting from normal 3 range, Curry is indeed more Valuable and more impactful to his team.

2. John Tavares

John Tavares Hall of Famer 2

Elite BasscatBall talk

3. Charles Jr.

Charles Jr. Legend 3

Anthony Bennett>

4. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

I disagree. Westbrook is better than Curry.

5. Crossfit Jesus

Crossfit Jesus Legend 3

Westbrook is better. All Curry relies on is threes, is bad at defendings, dece when it comes to dribbling. Westbrook has the complete package and has an Allen Iverson mentality of being the main guy on a team.

6. John Tavares

John Tavares Hall of Famer 2

Too all of you who hate the Warriors, Curry is better

7. LaichItOrlovIt

LaichItOrlovIt Hall of Famer

1. you dont win a championship and back to back mvps by only relying on a 3. He also has the best fg% of all point guards in the paint.
    2. Hes an average defender. And actually led the league in steals last season.
    3. he arguably has the best handles in the NBA. only one that comes to mind that is even comparable to him is Kyrie.
    4. Westbrooks complete package and Iverson mentality also comes with flaws like trying to play hero ball in crunch time and failing countless times with making terrible decisions especially with shot selection.

8. NorthernStar

NorthernStar Veteran 3

Rubio>

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Lights

Lights Superstar 3

10. MilesReger

MilesReger Rookie 2

I think Curry is good and is a special player but in my opinion, Westbrook is better because Westbrook has put up a lot of triple doubles and all around more athletic and is a better all around player than Curry. I also find Westbrook better because Curry has a lot of options in Golden State with Draymond Green, Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant while Westbrook only has Steven Adams so Westbrook tends to carry the Thunder across the finish line.

11. TheRealMbb

TheRealMbb Legend 3 LEGEND

12. Brian Bull-Dozier

Brian Bull-Dozier Hall of Famer 2

13. James Dunn24

James Dunn24 Veteran

I love Westbrook and he's amazing but curry is better

14. McDillonsup

McDillonsup Rookie 3

15. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Superstar 3