Earn a small number of coins per chatbox message

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by GoSabresGo, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoSabresGo

GoSabresGo Superstar

As with all my suggestions, I don't know if it's even possible to code. However, as much as the coins encourage people to post in the forums, I think they should be rewarded for posting in the chat as well. The amount should be small, perhaps 0.05 or 0.01 per post, as users usually post many more messages in an hour on the chat versus the number of posts on the forum.

Thoughts?

(I seem to have a residency here in this section now)

2. TuukkaRaskfan40

TuukkaRaskfan40 Commissioner

I wouldn't mind seeing this, it makes sense seeing how people will be in the chat more during hockey season

3. BoHorvat

BoHorvat Superstar 3

I literally just suggested this in the chatbox with Domski in it. I just never put in the forums lol. But ya that would be a great idea. Maybe like 1-5 cents. Because like myself and others use the chatbox daily for however amount of time.

4. PGen98

PGen98 Retired Relic LEGEND

I don't dislike the idea, but I'm extremely wary to do this and/or make people aware of it being added. Why? Because of people who will (and they absolutely 100% will do this) spam their hearts out to get more coins. Even if it's just during the night when no one's on, or 'casually' while others are talking, this will most definitely happen.

5. TuukkaRaskfan40

TuukkaRaskfan40 Commissioner

Yeah thats the one problem that arises.

6. BoHorvat

BoHorvat Superstar 3

don't people earn coins (like 3 dollars) every time they post a message in the forums? It would be easier to spam there but only 1 cent in the chatbox? Most people don't talk for more than 100 messages in the chatbox. Who would sit there (with mods watching) spamming for 1 cent a message?

7. PGen98

Yes, and people do spam the forums to gain coins. We know who they are, and we keep tabs on them. The same would be true in the chatbox, but that won't stop it from happening.

8. BoHorvat

BoHorvat Superstar 3

Well mods are watching chat. So 1 cent per message won't be bad or 1 cents per 5 messages

9. PGen98

...yes, and I didn't say I was against this, simply that spamming is absolutely going to happen as a result, hence why I would be wary to make this change obvious.

10. Domski

Domski Admin 2BCProductions

To your point, if it is an insignificant amount like 1-5 cents then your chat coins would never add up to anything significant, so there's no point of having it. I do agree it would be neat to see but currently it isn't an option. I don't think it's a good idea because of spammers

11. Calgaryflames82

Calgaryflames82 Legend

There is always going to be someone that just wants to ruin the good idea for everybody. Its good in theory, however, always account for the human factor and how significant this will be. The majority of people would agree to the rules and abide by them as well too. Its a shame to because there is a significant amount of members who use the website's chatbox more/all the time and the amount of posts they have on forums is minimal/ none at all. Hopefully one day soon.

12. TRPS NaSHTY61

TRPS NaSHTY61 2BC Elite

I think it would be a good idea. Maybe it'd stop spamming in the forums, but I don't think that's much of a problem for the most part. There is spamming in the chatbox though so people might just type stupid one word or even one letter crap in the chatbox to rack up the points.

13. Vinny

Vinny Coach LEGEND

Very very small amounts though, like 0.05 or less. Like PGen said there will be tons of spam messages to get coins

14. GoSabresGo

GoSabresGo Superstar

Hmmmm.... From the above discussion, it seems that there is no real way to make this work. Either there would be too little reward, or too much to entice spammers. At least at this time. Maybe we could work something out, but right now this idea seems stalled

15. G S P

G S P Hall of Famer

I would like that but it probably won't happen

16. Frankie

Frankie Hall of Famer 3

I would like this, because I am in the chat box frequently, but this would give all of the spammers their Christmas wish.

17. Ghost of Razgriz

Ghost of Razgriz Devils for the cup!

I'm more of a chatbox user so this makes more sense for me. Although the drawback means the chatbox is more supseptible to being spammed meaning you'd have to monitor it longer

18. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

The previous chatbox has proved that adding incentive to use the chatbox isn't that great of an idea.

19. 93Crazed101

93Crazed101 Legend 2

Not really, if it's 5 per message that's 5.00 for 100 posts a night. that's only a little less than two posts.

20. THE D

THE D Hall of Famer

Agreed, I really don't want to see any more spammers on this site trying to get fake money and sneak their way onto leaderboards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.