EASHL Goalies freeze on contact!

Discussion in 'EASHL/OTP' started by FoxGoalie, Sep 21, 2016.

1. FoxGoalie

FoxGoalie Rookie 2

Hello Goalies!

Has anyone found a reliable way to get out of the frozen/glitched state after a player skates into you? In 16 you could get out fairly easily by going into freeskate for a brief moment - not (always) so in 17. I get out by button mashing at the moment, which of course throws me out of position or takes way to long. Triangle works, too, but especially with the puck behind the net, it's the worst button you can push ...

2. Justintogaming

Justintogaming Pro 3

3. FoxGoalie

FoxGoalie Rookie 2

There you are! So it's The Crease Police ... I was looking for "Justintogaming" on Youtube and couldn't find you :D I remembered your NHL 16 Goalie-Tutorials. So I would have had my answer back in September :)

Too bad EA has not fixed it yet. I have another theory about this glitch regarding goals. I think a lot of times it indicates a Goalie-Interference - so whenever you are in this glitched state and the opponent scores it is usually a disallowed goal - happened to me once or twice, normaly i try to get out of the glitch and get scored on immediatly after.

The goalie glitching in the middle of the net is annoying af, too ... espacially against stupid wraparound-spammers!

4. Justintogaming

Justintogaming Pro 3

I'm having trouble swapping the logo on the site. Would also like to change my name if possible.

Here's a quote from EA Dev Ben Ross regarding the frozen goalie.

'Goalies getting stuck seems to do with when players are hit and a state issue between butterfly and physics -- that requires code to fix.'

5. ezione

ezione Hall of Famer

It's an EA GLIIIIIIIIIIIITCH

6. Colestacker

Colestacker Legend

Oh god I know what you're talking about! I got NHL 17 about 2 weeks ago and it hasn't happened to me yet in the 10 or so games that I've played as a goalie. I remember it happened back in NHL 16 once in a blue moon. It was horrifying. It's like having one of those nighmares where something creeps up on you but you are paralyzed and you can't speak.