TOR Game #2 - Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs - W

Discussion in 'National Hockey League' started by Leafer, Oct 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

Before the game even started, the Toronto Maple Leafs retired 13 numbers. JVR changed his number to #25 due to Borje Salming number retired #21. Unlike some past Leaf teams on ceremony nights, Toronto came out flying once the game started. Nazem Kadri fought David Backes, and acquitted himself well, in a rematch from last season’s visit to St. Louis. On the following shift, Mitch Marner took a healthy run at Brad Marchand, drawing a powerplay for the Leafs. A three-goal first period, powered by Connor Brown’s first of the season, Mitch Marner’s first NHL goal, and new #25 James van Riemsdyk’s first of the year, a great start. And the Toronto Maple Leafs of 2016-17 became the first team in the NHL’s expansion era to have its first six goals of the regular season scored by rookies (Auston Matthews x4, Connor Brown, Mitch Marner). David Pastrnak was the only goal scorer for the Boston Bruins after a great pass by Liles. But one player that we're happy about that stood out was Frederick Andersen. He had a great game after a rough first game.

The Leafs move to 1-0-1 on the season, and take a three day break before heading to the road for a challenging three games in four nights stretch against the Jets, Wild and Blackhawks starting Wednesday in Winnipeg. Matthews vs Laine, Wild not sure and Matthews and Marner vs Toews and Kane.

Milestones:
    • Nikita Zaitsev 1st NHL Point
    • Mitch Marner 1st NHL Goal
    • Frederick Andersen 1st win as a Leaf
    Our PP continues to struggles. Going 0 for 8 through 2 games. The leafs need to find out a way to success it. However, our PK has been great thanks to Jim Hiller.

Highlights
    https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/video/game-in-six-bos-at-tor-101516/c-45355103?tcid=tw_video_content_id via
    Extra:

Marner's amazing shift

Marner 1st NHL Goal

5v5 shot attempts
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. AlClemBee9575

AlClemBee9575 Superstar 3

This is some in-depth analysis of the game. I like it.

I didn't watch the game (too busy killing some military general in Hitman), but I did watch the Marner goal and, well, congrats to him.

3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Superstar 3

I still shake my head at the Marner goal, ughhh Khudobin. But great game for Marner, he deserved the first star of that game. And I promised everyone that Matthews wasnt gonna score. I keep my promises :D

4. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Great game for the Leafs. Matthews shown he's only human but the rest of the youth really stepped up to remind everyone that Auston isn't the only high profile young gun on the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.