Happy Halloween - New Background for November

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Domski, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domski

Domski Admin 2BCProductions

Happy Halloween to everyone! As you have noticed the background is different. I had an idea to have a themed background for Halloween and this is the result. A little late yes, so we will keep it up for all of November to make the most of it. I used the same artist who did the original background. Here's some close ups of the art, plus my vision for this spooky version.

Zombies for the players, skeletons for the refs. A textured layer was added to make it darker and more grimy. I had an early idea for a hole in the roof of the arena where the moonlight would shine through. I let the artist go for it and I am really happy with how it turned out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am thinking we can have themed backgrounds throughout the year to freshen the site up. It is expensive however, so I will see if people are interested in raising money. The next theme would be christmas and I have a lot of cool ideas for that one.

Enjoy your candy!

• Like Like x 14
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. PGen98

PGen98 Retired Relic LEGEND

Love the background, and I love the idea of themed backgrounds, though I absolutely understand the costs involved in doing so. Perhaps just stick to the major holidays (Christmas/Holidays, New Year, and then eventually onto things like St. Patrick's Day and Remembrance Day) to make it a bit more budget friendly ;). I'd gladly chip in on a fund raising effort when I can!

It definitely makes the site a bit more festive having the background in place, granted I'm not at all into Halloween, but it'd be great to see the background updated from time to time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. MapleHawk

MapleHawk Legend 3 PICK'EM CHAMP LEGEND

Amazing work here. The artist did a really good job. The texture is nice, the colours are great and the detail on the glass, refs and players are neat. I also love the roof being open on the top right with the moon gleaming and the bats coming in. Lol the guy on the right with red eyes looking through the glass. The headlight on the top left looks like a bun to me for some reason.

Great work here, hopefully we get one for Christmas - New Year and one for Valentine's day for the lolz.
    Happy Halloween!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Domski

Ye thanks we will only be able to do more if we can raise money through a kickstarter for example. If you use the site regularly this is a nice way to freshen it up and have something new to look at every couple months or so.

It sorta does look like a bun now that you said it lol. Valentines day idk about that :p try to think of ones that we are big enough we can keep them up for a month or so. Doesn't have to be a holiday, could be the NHL Playoffs for example.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. MasterMatt23

MasterMatt23 Hall of Famer 2

Too spooky for me.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. FGCHippoGamer

FGCHippoGamer Legend

We should leave the background for a month or so as it is so awesome. I LOVE THIS BACKGROUND!!!! :) Great job to whoever did this :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Domski

Use a phone or ipad then. You won't see the sides :p

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Yoshilover46

Yoshilover46 Veteran 2

I liked the new background! sad it has to go because Halloween is now over

9. Nick Hollywood

Nick Hollywood Pro 2

Great job Domski!! I love the background. I'm down for a fundraiser to get a Christmas background.

10. Barzy

Barzy Hall of Famer 3 LEGEND

I must say this is a stupid idea IMO stop November is not about Zombies and plus this is a hockey website but you guys don't care so I really don't know why I'm posting here

11. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

i love the background, hope there's gonna be a Canada Day one, that would be good, how long did you take to make this background?

12. Frankie

Frankie Hall of Famer 3

I noticed right away, and what a great way to keep the site festive! Another good move by Dom!

13. TRPS NaSHTY61

TRPS NaSHTY61 2BC Elite

Absolutely incredible! Hopefully there can also be backgrounds for other holidays like Cheistmas and we can have Santas beating the crap out of each other XD

14. JetsFan123

JetsFan123 Hall of Famer

The background will be up all of November, would kinda be a waste of money to only have it up for one day because getting art like this is expensive.

Amazing work, love this background. There should be a background for Christmas as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
  15. Alvy

Alvy Hall of Famer 2

Wow I love the new background great job Dom I can't see the sides tho because I am on a IPad

16. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

Great job on the new background! The only thing that would make this better is if Spooky Scary Skeletons was playing as a 24/7 loop on this lol

17. PGen98

PGen98 Retired Relic LEGEND

It's just a bit of fun, Barzy, nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Why take the time to get a background created just to have it on show for 1 day? That'd be ridiculous. Sure, next year it can be all of October instead of November, but I know if I had something like that created I'd damn sure keep it going for a reasonable amount of time.

It was done by a professional artist, so it obviously took quite a bit of time ;).

See here for the info about the original background (same artist): http://2bcsports.com/threads/website-background-development-process.1110/

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Carolina Candy Canes

Carolina Candy Canes Legend 2

when i first saw the backgrounds, i thought that the website got hacked, lol

19. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

The Artistic Domski ;)

20. Vinny

Vinny Coach LEGEND

A little late, but still awesome. Your artist is talented

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.