How do you guys Draft?

Discussion in 'GM Mode/Live The Life' started by Reynolds, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Reynolds

Reynolds Rookie

Hey everyone,

I've been stumped for quite sometime as to what to do come draft time. Normally I just sort by projected draft spot and pick the highest available. I usually play as STL so my picks are mid to late round normally but I very rarely find any gems. I've google searched looking for guides but I really haven't found anything. What should I be looking for when making my picks?

2. LordK6

LordK6 Veteran 2

I need a guide too, lol

3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Superstar 3

I just scout in canadian leagues and USA sometimes and get lucky.

4. BucketHorse

BucketHorse Superstar 2

By not asking in a forum on a dead site.

5. LordK6

LordK6 Veteran 2

Duh

6. kyleivany

kyleivany Pro 2

I trade them for veterans

7. MesseJiller

MesseJiller Rookie 2

I trade my draft picks for other draft picks. A first round can get you three fourth rounds. Depending on the team. A good fouth rounder can sometimes get you a solid fifth or three sixxes. Seconds are much more difficult to trade. The highest i got for a second was a fifth. Really wanted a fouth. Seventh rounds are useless unless you get a steal like kevin ma. Kevin is worth a first in my book. So really in the end you have 3 seconds. A triple. No fourths or fifths. 4 sixths and kevin ma. Kevin counts as a first though cause of a potential. So its really a first. 3 seconds and 4 sixths. Your welcome idiot

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Superstar 3

Wtf

9. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 2

???

10. Drai29

Drai29 Rookie

Always go for those low potential and hope that it's decent and sometimes it kinda works but sometimes it goes to garbage. Only a real good GM could grow those 53 OVR 21 year old players into a solid top 6 fwd. But it rarely happens so don't go for it if your good. I would do it if I wanted a challenge for my future of my team.

11. Kaljakori

Kaljakori Legend 3

1) Never pick a guy who's older than 19 in the first 2 rounds.
    2) If the choices are a player for the position you need, but don't have a good scouting report for OR a guy you don't really need but have good scouting report for and it gives you an idea he could be a player, always pick the guy you have info of. Those can be flipped for what you need later.
    3) Don't bother drafting goalies. AI always drafts too many of them and goalie prospects are almost always available via a trade or FA.
    4) If you can find 18- or 19-year olds in the late rounds, TAKE THEM.
    5) Don't be fooled by low potential. In old gen, this means 3 green/3 gold/2½ green, in new gen, I think that translates to high minor top-2 etc. potentials. Those guys can still turn out to be great depth guys. Hell, I once had Carl Neill, who I got from Canucks as a roster spot replacement in a trade, grow to 85 overall even though he was only 2½ green stars. On his last ELC-year, I traded him to Dallas for a 1st and 3rd round pick because I had new guys coming up. I'd say that's pretty ******* good for a guy who was a roster spot dump.

12. Vladimir Tarasenko

Vladimir Tarasenko Rookie

13. Mikhail Sergachev22

Mikhail Sergachev22 Rookie 2

I always search by potential, and if there is nothing that is AHL TOP 6/TOP 4 or higher, I just go but sorted potential and check the stats and pick what would work for me. This is how I found a med franchise defenceman in the 6th round.

14. Caps for win

Caps for win Rookie

He
    Hello are you serious? Show me a pic now if you can.