Maple's Toronto Raptors Basketball Zen GM

Discussion in 'User GM/Season Modes' started by MapleHawk, Nov 25, 2015.

Should we trade Lowry?

1. Yes, get Steph Curry. Trading possibly Lowry, Noguiera, and a 1st

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Yes, get Andrew Wiggins. Trading possibly Lowry, Noguiera, 1st, and maybe another 1st

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. No, keep going

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. Trade Lowry for someone else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MapleHawk

MapleHawk Legend 3 PICK'EM CHAMP LEGEND

upload_2015-11-25_17-50-29.png
    I'm sure many of you have heard about this. Basketball Zen GM was a big thing on here months ago when DanielR first introduced it. We even had our own community league here on this very own site.

Now to get started, I've picked the Raptors to go with. The season right now is 2014-2015 so I want to try and drag it out till around 2044-2045. But I'll make a rule that if I get fired before I get all the years done, then the series is over.

Knowing myself, I'm probably going to do some crazy things with trades and things so, just a heads up that weird things could happen.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  2. ZUCC

ZUCC Hall Of Famer

Wait. How do you get real players on that game?

3. rktaker

rktaker Superstar 3

it's on the zen gm reddit and i'm looking forward to this maple good luck

4. MapleHawk

You've got to download these rosters that the creator made. For this one, I'm going with the '14-15 rosters which the link can be found here
    http://2bcsports.com/threads/free-basketball-gm-game.3354/

And the '15-16 rosters can be found somewhere here on their reddit page
    https://m.reddit.com/r/BasketballGM/

I don't really know where those new rosters are located but @rktaker has downloaded the '15-16 rosters so you can ask him if you can't find it on their reddit page.

Thanks man. Took months of practice leading up to this moment. Make or break!

5. ZUCC

ZUCC Hall Of Famer

Thanks man! Can't wait to try one myself.

Also, do you know if they have these for baseball or football?

6. rktaker

rktaker Superstar 3

they do have it for football and baseball football someone made real rosters from madden and baseball no one made real rosters

7. MapleHawk

Yes they do.

All their games are on their main page.
    http://zengm.com/

As of rosters, I think there might be an NFL one. Maybe. Your gonna have to ask @rktaker about that.

And the creator guy said their is a hockey version coming out in around December maybe January. And then, possibly soccer after.

8. ZUCC

ZUCC Hall Of Famer

Cool. Can't wait for hockey to come out!

9. MapleHawk

NOTE: Click on the screenshots to make them bigger and see them in more detail.

So let's get started

This is the homepage, otherwise called the Dashboard. It's a summary of what's really needed.
    [​IMG]

Here are the power rankings. You guys probably know what they do. Right now, we're 3rd in power rankings so yey!
    [​IMG]

The overview of our roster. Very important. Looks like someone's going to have to leave.
    [​IMG]

Finances which play a big part in this game. You may think losing would be the only way to get you fired but the owner wants cash.
    [​IMG]

Free agents as we head into the 2014-2015 season. As you can see, I have no money but I can sign players to minimum contracts ($500k/year)
    [​IMG]

Draft. 2014 has a lot of depth.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  10. MapleHawk

A message from the owner.
    [​IMG]

So basically I'm gonna go with the idea of letting this team do its work for this first year. I want to see what this team is capable of. I want to see if we're going to drop of if we'll make it past the 1st round. But that doesn't mean I'm not afraid of making adjustments if needed.

[​IMG]
    Current roster
    Take note that this ain't your typical NHL 16 or NBA 2K16. The ratings are different.
    - 68+ overall players are franchise players. The players that the team is built around.
    - 60-67 overall players are amazing players. Always in the starting 5.
    - 50-59 overall players are usually at the top of the bench. Sixth man or sometimes in the starting 5.
    - 35-49 players are bench players but they're usually kept low on the bench.
    - 34 and under, I really wouldn't work with these guys.

Also there isn't no minor league system in this game. These are all the players in your organization.

And there are only 1st an 2nd round picks. The draft is only two rounds. There are only about 70 players that are eligible to draft each year.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've decided to release Diante Garrett. I feel like having another PF would be good so I'm going to stick with Tyler Hansbrough for this year even tho I'm probably going to let him walk at the end of the year.

Looking at it, we're going to have some key free agents come off at the end of this season
    Amir Johnson - FC, 27 years old, 59 overall 59 potential, $7.00 mil thru 2014
    Lou Williams - G, 28 years old, 58 overall 60 potential, $5.42 mil thru 2014
    Jordan Hamilton - GF, 24 years old, 52 overall 62 potential, $1.17 mil thru 2014
    Landry Fields - GF, 26 years old, 47 overall 47 potential, $8.50 mil thru 2014
    Chuck Hayes - FC, 31 years old, 41 overall 42 potential, $5.96 mil thru 2014
    Tyler Hansbrough - PF - 29 years old, 39 overall 46 potential, $3.33 mil thru 2014

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  11. Brian Bull-Dozier

Brian Bull-Dozier Hall of Famer 2

Dude I play this all the time! Awesome!! I didn't know they had other sports!!

12. Brian Bull-Dozier

I tend to just straight sim and don't really do any trading or such.

13. MapleHawk

OOOOOOOOOOOO U MISSED OUT.
    We had this community league on here. Everyone had teams and we'd play all together and this one guy would organize it all. We made trades. And free agency was like an auction. People were just putting money an bidding for the best FA's. There'd be this one guy that would switch teams and manage like 4 teams before quitting. I made the finals in the first year with the Bulls and got swept by the Mavs. Me and @JohnnyCanuck,(who was the Raptors), would have this rivalry because we met in the playoffs and were the two best teams in the East for 4 years. And then we went like 6 seasons before it weared out.

Yea, and the creator guy says he's gonna fix up the baseball one which'll be great.

I usually make some trades from time to time. Mostly when I'm at a rebuilding stage.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  14. DanielR

DanielR Superstar

I love this game! I also can't wait for the hockey version to come out, apparently it's supposed to come out mid/late December. And damn I wish I was here during the whole big league thing.

15. MapleHawk

Yea the basketball version is perfect, I don't think anything can beat it. But'll be very fun playing the hockey version. Even tho it'll probably be buggy. Hopefully not as bad as the current baseball one now.

16. MapleHawk

After 32 games we have gone 20-12. We've got some nice stretches of wins and we are 5th in the Eastern Conference, 9th in the league.
    Team Standings (Toronto Raptors)
    Atlantic Division: 1st
    Eastern Conference: 5th
    NBA: 9th

League Standings
    Eastern Conference: Cleveland Cavaliers 28-7
    NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers 28-7

Team Stats

Allowed: 100.7 (10th)
    Rebounds: 41.8 (21st)
    Assists: 24.0 (15th)

Team Leaders
    Rebounds: Jonas Valanciunas 8.2
    Assists: Kyle Lowry 5.8

League Leaders
    Rebounds: DeMarcus Cousins, SAC 12.0
    Assists: Rajon Rondo, BOS 8.6

Finances
    Avg Attendance: 16,686
    Revenue: $47.69 mil
    Profit: -$7.79 mil
    Cash: $2.21 mil
    Payroll: $77.59 mil
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at it, Kyle Lowry leads us in points, assists and has played all 32 games. And seeing us as being a team around 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th place...

Should we trade Kyle Lowry for someone special?

My reasoning is that if you look at our guys and particularly their ages
    DeRozan 25 y/o
    Valanciunas 22 y/o
    Ross 23 y/o
    Patterson 25 y/o
    Hamilton 24 y/o
    Caboclo 19 y/o
    Nogueira 22 y/o

and then we have
    A. Johnson 27 y/o
    Vasquez 27 y/o
    Williams 28 y/o
    J. Johnson 27 y/o

Looking at Lowry who is 28, he's just is a bit out of our group going forward in the future. And I feel like he will start to fall. And his contract goes for 4 more years at $12.00 mil. Should we trade a valuable asset for a guy who fits in with that group and could help, long term?

Now I know, Lowry is a big part to this organization in real life but here are some potential guys to trade for.

1. Steph Curry - :p Yes I know, it might sound weird but Golden State are a team that has the same record as us pretty much. They ain't dynamic as in real life.
    Curry is 26 years old (the age fits in with my group), and is a Guard, who can replace Lowry's spot. His contract is $10.63 mil thru 2016 which is better than Lowry's and he is a 71 OVR 82 POT beast.
    A potential trade could be us trading Lowry, Nogueira(doesn't look like he's going to impress) and a 1st (probably 2015 because 2014 has so much depth)
    I've traded for Curry before, it could possibly work.

2. Andrew Wiggins - Yes, bring the Canadian home.
    A potential trade would be us giving up Lowry, Nogueira, 2015 1st and maybe even another 1st for this guy.
    Wiggins is 19 years old, 57 OVR 80 POT BEAST. Wiggins is an SF so our best PG would then be Greivis Vasquez who is 60 OVR. Trading a 67 OVR player for a 57 OVR player would definitely hurt our team. But that means we'd get an amazing pick in 2014 draft which has so much talent.

Or we could trade Lowry for someone else(comment below).

Or we could just keep going.

There are some options. Should we trade Lowry? Should we trade for someone else? Should we just keep going? Vote in the poll at the very top.

I'll keep the poll up until at least Tuesday/Wednesday depending on the amount of votes.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  17. DanielR

DanielR Superstar

Hmm, if you're looking to trade Lowry I like the sound of Wiggins coming home. But you'd have to give up a lot. Meaning good young guys and picks because that's what I presume they'd be interested in. I don't think you should trade for Curry, even if they are aren't as good as they are IRL, they're still in a playoff spot and wouldn't wanna mess up their core. Of course trading Lowry isn't even necessary but it might be a good idea.

18. MapleHawk

After much thinking, I've decided that we will indeed try to trade Lowry and we'll be trading for...

Andrew Wiggins.

We'd probably have to give up a lot for Wiggins but we've got young talent that is still growing in our system. @Hippity Hippo made a good point that playoff teams don't usually trade franchise players when they're contending. Playoff teams tend to always stick with their star player which in this case is Curry for Golden State. So I've decided that we could potentially get Wiggins and drop for a pretty good pick in the draft. At least we're making major moves instead of having the same thing happen year by year.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sooooooe
    Trade was made.

TRADE
    Toronto Raptors:

Andrew Wiggins - SF, 19 years old, 57 overall 80 potential, $5.51 mil thru 2017
    J.J. Barea - G, 30 years old, 50 overall 50 potential, $4.52 mil thru 2014
    Ronny Turiaf - FC, 31 years old, 43 overall 43 potential, $1.60 mil thru 2014

Minessota Timbervolves:
    Kyle Lowry - PG, 28 years old, 67 overall 76 potential, $12.00 mil thru 2017
    Lucas Nogueira - C, 22 years old, 43 overall 48 potential, $1.75 mil thru 2017
    2015 1st round pick (TOR)
    2015 2nd round pick (TOR)

It is a weird trade. Might have been a steal for the Raptors as we only had to give up one 1st round pick. But then Lowry's rating is really, really good so that goes in Minnesota's favour. J.J. Barea and Ronny Turiaf are just to even out the salaries. They'll probably be gone by the end of the year.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    New roster​

Here's the new roster. I decided to release Ronny Turiaf. He's just a 43 overall FC that we don't really need. Chuck Hayes is already there for that. If your wondering what happened to James Johnson btw, he's just injured. 2 more games with a sprained foot. We're also currently 9th in power rankings.

Expect some losing to happen. I'm predicting a just below .500 finish for the Raptors.

19. DanielR

DanielR Superstar

Robbed them a bit there but it's fine, Wiggins to Toronto is worth cheaping the AI. Gonna be interesting to see how the team performs they definitely are gonna drop some chemistry but I can see you MAYBE pulling around the 8th seed. Really all depends on how well the team plays with Wiggins. Can't wait for more! :D

20. Brian Bull-Dozier

I could see the team not doing super well this year.