BUF Media Circus that is the NHL Now Targeting Eichel

Discussion in 'National Hockey League' started by Doclaf, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Jack Eichel recently became the 3rd youngest player in Sabres history to reach 100 points. Since his return from a high ankle sprain, the sophomore sensation has lit the NHL on fire. He currently sits at a 0.98 points per game average this season which is tied for top 10 in the NHL. He is on an 11 game point streak which is the longest active streak in the NHL and is one game behind Granlund for the longest point streak this season.

So great! What's the problem here? The league and the media are now in a tizzy about how Eichel's greatness is "getting wasted" with a "sucking" team. The league never cared when Eichel finished second in rookie scoring last year behind a player that was not only much older than him but had also had a few years of pro level hockey in Europe. That was McDavid's draft year. Which is fair. McDavid is a better player. He deserves some limelight. And this year it has been the McDavid, Matthews, Laine, Marner, and Nylander show.

Nobody noticed Eichel's quick rise to the top until a few days ago. People saying that not only Matthews is better but also Marner and Nylander are now yelling about how Buffalo is not worthy of someone with talent. It's "a shame" that Eichel goes another year without making the playoffs. Just shut up. Dynasties aren't built in a day. Nobody says anything about Laine being wasted, but the Jets the last time I checked were tied with the Sabres in points with one less game played.

I can't wait until the Sabres get a full year with this roster plus whatever d men Murray brings up next year from minors. Eichel will remind everyone why he's an elite center. This guy has been shit on the first two years of his career and now that he's turning into what he's supposed to be and everybody freaks out. Good. He's worth freaking out for. Especially when he's playing your team.

2. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

UPDATE: Here are some stats for reference since February. You know who else I see there that's been drafted in the past 2 years? Patrick Laine. The other player who's team won't make the playoffs. Also since November when Eichel came back he's been tied with league leader Connor McDavid with points at 45. So...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  3. Dion Phagoof

Dion Phagoof Superstar 3

LOL, that's my reaction to this

4. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Please. Elaborate. I would love to hear some feedback.

5. Dion Phagoof

Dion Phagoof Superstar 3

Nah. Judging from your original post, you won't understand or accept what I say.

6. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Well try me. Obviously you aren't very understanding or accepting either.

7. Dion Phagoof

Dion Phagoof Superstar 3

Nah. I'm not going to type it all out then have you throw a hissy fit.

How do you figure I'm not understanding or accepting? lol. It's like speaking to one of my kid cousins.

8. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

At least I'm vindictive in my opinions Mr. I'm high and mighty so I won't share my thoughts. I'm not throwing hissy fits. If you have a problem with my post please detail it so that I may either engage in discourse or learn from my mistakes so that I am better in the future.

9. Dion Phagoof

Dion Phagoof Superstar 3

HAHAHAHA

10. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Alright then be a passive aggressive troll. Dude either have opinions or don't. Don't ***** foot around things you don't agree with. It won't help once you enter the adult world.