Middle Earth thread

Discussion in 'Television, Film, & Books' started by Comebackkids, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comebackkids

Comebackkids Legend 2

Post Lord of the Rings and anything Middle Earth related here.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  2. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 Coach

Haven't really watched Lord of the rings only a little and I didn't pay attention really. Is it worth watching?

3. Comebackkids

Comebackkids Legend 2

If you are ok with violence and stuff, it will be the greatest movies you've EVER watched.

EDIT: also read the books

4. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 Coach

I love violence(in movies of course :p). I'll watch some time. Should I read the books before I watch the movie and how many books are there?

5. PGen98

PGen98 Retired Relic LEGEND

Well worth it, and while it may seem out of order, it'd probably make more sense to go through the Hobbit films first and then onto the LotR films, since they're in reverse chronological order. Though, I guess they're completely different stories, so it's not absolutely necessary to do it that way, it's just odd jumping so far backwards for the Hobbit films after watching the LotR films.

6. Comebackkids

Comebackkids Legend 2

It's doesn't really matter IMO, the books are wayy different then the movies.

7. PGen98

Hobbit is one book, LotR is three books, but there are other books in the Middle Earth universe, such as the Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales, really up to you how in-depth you want to go ;)

8. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 Coach

Alright thanks :) I am running out of shows to watch on Netflix anyway. I was so into lost until they removed it off Netflix for some reason :(

Probably won't read the books then.

9. Comebackkids

Comebackkids Legend 2

You should, they're reeeaaaly good

10. TRPS NaSHTY61

TRPS NaSHTY61 2BC Elite

Oh absolutely! I cannot say enough good things about the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It's inspirational and teaches great life lessons like the how anyone can make a change in the world no matter how small or insignificant you are. It was my inspiration to start writing fantasy as well. As for the Hobbit trilogy... it's meh. I'd recommend watching it, but it's not nearly as good as LotR.

11. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 Coach

Haha, maybe I will then. I am always told I should read more during the summer anyways.

12. PGen98

I'll second that. The books are radically different from the films (poor Tom Bombadil :() and they offer a LOT of backstory as to why certain things happen (or certain things that did happen in the books that didn't in the films, and vice versa). Worth looking into, at any rate if you do find you enjoy the films.

13. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 Coach

Alright I'll look into it. Thanks for the feedback everyone :) I look forward to watching it soon.

14. TRPS NaSHTY61

TRPS NaSHTY61 2BC Elite

Ah LotR Conquest... I really didn't like that game too much. Speaking of Middle Earth video games, has anyone played Shadow of Mordor or War in the North?

15. Comebackkids

Comebackkids Legend 2

I just added that picture cause it looks epic XD. I've never played those games, Shadow of Morder look too demonic for me but I want War in the North

16. TRPS NaSHTY61

TRPS NaSHTY61 2BC Elite

Shadow of Mordor is much, much darker than anything in LotR, but it's still a great game worth checking out. As for War in the North, it's pretty cool but repetitive. The combat isn't very deep and the story is average. The best part is you can see a lot of iconic characters from the trilogy like the Fellowship, Bilbo, and Elrond.

17. PGen98

I'm playing through Shadow of Mordor just now on the One, picked it up during the recent Xbox sales. It's a great game so far, though feels like they pulled the combat right out of Ryse.

18. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 Coach

19. TRPS NaSHTY61

TRPS NaSHTY61 2BC Elite

Or did Ryse pull the combat from Shadow of Mordor? :kappa
    I think both games took inspiration from Batman Arkham Asylum's combat system. A lot of games seem to do that nowadays which makes sense since that combat system was revolutionary.

20. Comebackkids

Comebackkids Legend 2

You found one of the bad images XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.