Minnesota GM Mode - Discussion ep. 1

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Mar 22, 2016.

1. McQuaid 54 Bruins

McQuaid 54 Bruins Rookie

2. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

I've been a defender of new gen since the start but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't excited for this series. Just some roster changes for you,
    Sam Reinhart: Needs to be higher overall to start. He's something like 79 and he needs to be at least 83-84. I didn't see his potential but 4.5 gold at least.
    Rasmus Ristolainen: Make sure he's an 84 to start with 4 green star at least. He's a stud in the making. Really solid defenseman. (Maybe a good trade down the line....)

3. Subby Dubby Doo

Subby Dubby Doo Hall of Famer

Thank you so much for going back to old gen and starting up the fan art again!

No on to business. Here are the changes I think you should bring to the Montreal Canadiens:

I'd make Price really high overall, like 97 or 98. Hell, maybe even 99. He's definitely the best hockey player in the world, just look at what happened to Montreal when he got injured: they went from a top 5 team in the league to a bottom 5 team. No other player has such a big impact on their team.
    • Also, make Gallagher & Beaulieu 4 green star potential. (Upgrade)
    • Make Galchenyuk and Markov 86 overall. (Upgrade)
    • Make Desharnais 83 overall. (Upgrade) Make Beaulieu 82 or 83 overall. (Upgrade)
    • Make Gilbert an 80-81 overall. (Downgrade)
    • Make Emelin an 82 overall. (Downgrade)
    • Finally, after making all these changes, I'd bump down every player 1-2 overalls (except for Price) so that if Price gets injured, they'll be bad.

4. SabresFanForLife

SabresFanForLife Rookie

I say drop pacioretty down a little too, hes having an off season this year

5. Subby Dubby Doo

Subby Dubby Doo Hall of Famer

He's still on pace for a 30 goal season. When a bad season for you is 30 goals, that means you're a good player. I think 89 for him is fine, he's still an excellent player.

6. Leafs

Leafs Hall of Famer 2 LEGEND

Not to mention his shooting stats at 5v5 close situations are bar none in the NHL right now. He's literally been a beast statistically, on par with Ovechkin.

7. Rottweiler66

Rottweiler66 Rookie

Been waiting for a Minnesota GM mode!!

Minne suggestions - Spurgeon, Brodin, and Scandella have all gotten contract extensions in the past few years so I would give them all +2 overall. A lot of analysts say Minne is one of the fastest teams in the league with Zucker and Haula being the 2 fastest skaters. I would make sure their speed is 90+ and bump their ovr +1 or 2. Haula can be a 3rd line center (currently is) if you wanna trade Koivu. Personally, I move just Coyle to RW (which he is playing currently) and play either pommer or vanek on the 3rd line but 1st PP. They're not going to grow anymore anyways. I'd also bump up Dumba a few. EA has a fairly good roster for MN. I just think they undervalue our D most.

Prospects - Joel Eriksson ek was our 1st round pick last year and EA has him shitty.. He plays for Färjestad BK. The other reasons our prospect pool is crap is because many of our prospects are in college so EA doesn't have those players. Alex Tuch would probably be the only one worth making. Mike Reilly has been playing with the team and hasn't been bad. I'd bump him up to your 6th Defenseman 80 ovr ish and more Potential. That's about all we got. Our prospect pool is pretty depleted. Traded away a lot of picks and prospect over the last few years for playoff pushes. FIX OUR FARM SYSTEM GM SUPERBMAN AND WIN US A STANLEY CUP! From my expreience, Suter and Parise contracts are tough to work around in a few years so good luck.

Lines suggestions - F1 Parise - Koivu - Coyle (get the most out of 4 1/2 red potential or change it to yellow) F2 - Vanek - Granny - Nino F3 Zucker - Haula - Pommer F4 Carter - Stoll - Jones D1 Suter - Spurg D2 Brodin - Dumba D3 Scandella - Reilly. Having the extra 2nd line Forward is actually kinda nice so you can move guys around to try and find chemistry or spark the team. Also, if you play with injuries on they can slide right into the hurt player's spot.

Prospect info - http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/minnesota_wild/

8. 10HABSROOL10

10HABSROOL10 Rookie

Johnny you should trade Vanek and Koivu for Danault and Kane, you will get younger players and cap space or trade for Jenner and Saad and Mabey a draft pick.

9. Tristan Fowlkes

Tristan Fowlkes Rookie 2

To be honest, I say leave the team how it is for now and simulate for 3-4 weeks and see how it goes before you think of trading anyone. Maybe you can try to sign some free agents for the Iowa Wild. I am working with 3 other people so we can think of ideas for this franchise.

10. Tristan Fowlkes

Tristan Fowlkes Rookie 2

Also, I say make Jonathan Marchessault on the Tampa Bay Lightning an 81 or 82. He has some pretty good slap shots that go into the net. Lastly, make Andrei Vasilveskiy an 82-83, Vasilveskiy has been stepping up in goaltending really good so at least an 82.

11. Sans

Sans Legend 3

I'm not really sure I agree with you... Muzzin a 91. Not sure about that. Same with Stralman a 90.

12. RaimoTarkki

RaimoTarkki Hall of Famer 2

Both are elite top pairing defensman

13. Mr. November

Mr. November Rookie 3

Bring John Scott back to Minnesota!

14. Chewy The Great

Chewy The Great Rookie 2

MAKE RASMUS RISTOLAINEN 4.5 GOLD ATLEAST. HE IS HAVING A BREAKOUT YEAR. THANK YOU:D

15. PittsburghOilers78

PittsburghOilers78 Rookie 3

Ok, here are a few players that need a boost on the Pittsburgh Penguins:
    - MATT MURRAY, 83/84 OVERALL, 4 1/2 GOLD STAR
    - Scott Wilson, 83 overall, 4 Green star
    - Bryan Rust, 81 overall, 4 Gold Star
    - Tom Kunhackl, 82 overall, 4 gold star
    - Clark Seymour, 78 overall, 4 green star
    - Derrick Pouliot, 83 overall, 4 1/2 gold

16. Jake The Snake

Jake The Snake Rookie 3

LOL :lol