Minnesota GM Mode - Discussion ep. 12

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, May 18, 2016.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

:( What's next boys? This team needs changes

2. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

I knew the Wild get passed the Stars. Yet another trade the bite your ass. Folin and Pomin P. Chris Neil has been the surprise. And that is because he was on the PP. Improve your bottom 6. And get a solid and a beast goalie. Dubnyk allowed 23 goals in just 7 games. I suggest you improve that, and your bottom 6. I say trade your old players and get young NHL beast players. And draft players who'll help your team.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  3. King Alfie

King Alfie Veteran

Johnny, you traded Folin to Dallas in the Jason Pominville deal!!

As for changes, take Mike Reilly off the 3rd line and get a real third line player. Move Reilly at the draft for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, or in a deal to get a good, younger (younger than 30) 3rd line scorer or checker. I've been rooting for Reilly, and even though he had a good series, it was Dallas' depth up front that killed you.

4. UKhockeyfan

UKhockeyfan Pro 2

GM Superbman, its all your fault! You traded both Pominville and Folin to the Stars, meaning that 3 of the 4 game winners were scored by players ex-Minneosta players you traded away! Guess the hockey gods weren't smiling on you this time!

5. NHL insider Calum

NHL insider Calum Pro 2

"I won't be as harsh on the wild as I can't burn something that's already been burnt by the star. However, it is clear that wilds trading assets did bite him hard this playoff run."
    "What's next?"
    "Well I see the defence for the stars was very poor and the wild failed to bet it - did Yandle take a brake? You better hope there is a good forward in free agency to sign you know fine well Johnny that The stars goalie played rubbish."
    "‬Traders?"
    "The Sharks have some good forwards the wild can maybe get, also Boston maybe interested in giving away Forwards too have a scope around the east. " - NHL Insider

6. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Superstar

:welll:welll:welll, you shouldn't trade colin folin from past two years of season to stars. folin will boost to 83 overall because his slap shot power was beast.

Johnny: it's time to trade some old players like dubnyk, parise, koivu, yandle and goligoski. yandle doesn't get a single goal or points. Don't trade your 1st round pick 2017. My guess is wild could be on 15th-17th overall draft pick. Hopefully, the free agent will get big splash.

Scout: I was scout all around the world. I will get I.scott, stuart skinner for backup goalie,
    jocktan chainey two-way defense and jacoben power forward left wing 4 1/2 green stars.
    Also, a. kulmala will get 4 1/2 yellow stars. Keep it mind.

7. Brodieschwartz

Brodieschwartz Rookie

Johnny I know this has nothing to do with GM Mode or NHL 16 ,but It does have to do with General ZOD. It would be interesting for ZOD to add another sport to his resume, and that Sport is NFL. He could become a Linebacker and crush Running Backs, and QB's

8. MrGuy9021

MrGuy9021 Pro

There's no way I was the only one who was hoping so badly Chris Neil would be the guy who got the overtime winner right?

9. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Well that series went about exactly as I predicted. No really check last discussion post. I think it's time for a rebuild/retool. Trade Yandle for somebody young. Like 23, serviceable 2nd liner that will grow. Trade Reilly for maybe a 2nd or maybe a piece of the Yandle deal. I hear the Stars are looking for defenders wink wink. Trade Dubnyk for a four star backup goalie. You'll probably have to give up some sort of draft pick or rookie to make that go through. There's a rookie goalie in Carolina that might work.

10. DaZe

DaZe Rookie

Johnny my friend, Your first line is fine however I would suggest you to get a legitimate 2nd line player because Yandle is not fit for playing offense. Instead, I insinuate that you play him on defense to make your defensive core stronger. Just take a minute to imagine how flithy that defense would look with Yandle to it.In Free agency, free up some cap space and sign the best available second line winger.

11. Oilers97

Oilers97 Rookie 2

Johnny I got you fam, here are 3 considerations you should make.

1. Move Koivu for a package of prospects or a draft pick, here is why, this won't affect your team that much, Coyle has established himself now and having Coyle, Granlund, Haula and Helm is a sold centre core. Don't forget you have Ericsson Ek who can play C/LW and is Koivu 2.0. Antoine Vermette can also play centre as he has very good face-offs. One guy you could look at is Jeff Skinner who Carolina was disappointed with and it could be a good destination for Koivu or Goligoski.

2. Play Yandle on defence and think about getting a young winger in the Koivu trade or find one in free agency. Yandle would fit in very nicely on the top 4 or even top 2. The odd man out is Goligoski, Yandle and him are similar in age but you can move Goligoski or even Scandella who isn't a great defensemen, for top 9 depth or even package them for a goaltender. Put Zucker on the 4th line and find a substitution for Spaling. You could also move Brodin for a 3rd line winger and put Mike Reilly back on defence who has been a real bright spot for your team.

3. You should consider a younger goaltender, don't go out and trade for a stud like John Gibson, look for a guy like Jack Campbell on Dallas who can be a young goaltender for the future or be a solid backup. Your goaltending problem isn't your biggest but you should consider it. Instead of a small rebuild, do the Brian Burke tactic and "retool". You could also look at Carolina's goalies or even Winnipeg who has plenty of goalies.

12. FazeToAll

FazeToAll Superstar 3

Keith Yandle is a defenseman, he shouldn't be on the forward lines

13. Kirk22

Kirk22 Superstar 2

Yeah you need legitimate forward help. Yandle and Reilly are defensemen. Koivu is old, and Parise is getting up there now too. Coyle and Nino are solid but those guys are more like good 2nd-liners. Your window for a cup is closing. I know you can't trade Parise/Suter but you can trade other guys and re-tool a little bit. I'd start moving some of them for 1st rounders.

Frankly, it's not as fun when you don't have a star forward. Parise is still good but you need an impact young player to build around up front. You need to build up your prospect pool more and get those guys in the draft. Sorry I don't have any specific names, but that's really the only way to improve this team at this point.

14. TheHolySlapper

TheHolySlapper Veteran

You can't go into the next season with Keith Yandle on the 2nd line wing. I think we can all agree that the experiment was a complete disaster.

Next season will be the "do-or-die" season. Koivu and Parise can't hold first line responsibilities any longer than that. I'm calling for a big signing or a trade in the offseason...

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  15. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Johnny just remember, players retire even if their potential is still high. I've seen Lundqvist retire at 41 with 4 star potential and 92 overall. So it's not very far fetched for Parise or Suter to retire even with good stats. Keep that in mind when making deals.

16. Giroux 28

Giroux 28 Legend 2

Please don't play Yandle on the wing next year!

17. Alvy

Alvy Hall of Famer 2

Take Yandle off the wing and pick up a good 2nd line LW I would suggest Nick Foligno from CBJ if his price isn't too high you should try to get him I think he fits your team well and if CBJ isn't a playoff team they might want to trade him

18. Bluejays3

Bluejays3 Rookie 2

Trade kiovu for a superstar player who can score and assist, when you look at the season stats No one gets a point a game record, change that:

Centre options you can trade for,
    1. Ryan Johanson

2. Tyler johnson
    3. Jeff carter
    4. Matt duchene
    5. David kredji

19. Wayne Simmons70

Wayne Simmons70 Rookie

Johnny pick up Marchand he was a solid 2nd/3rd liner for me with 50+ points you can put him with Granny Smith the playmaker. JOHNNY PLZ READ THIS.