Minnesota GM Mode - Discussion ep. 14

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, May 30, 2016.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

How do you guys feel about the Year 3 Minnesota Wild? Are we ready to sim or do we need another trade?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. FazeToAll

FazeToAll Superstar 3

I'd say the Wild are moving in the right direction, as long as they stay out of the way of the Avalanche, I'm fine with what they do! ;) :go:col

3. nick malesh

nick malesh Rookie

I think right now the team is fine the way it is. If we get to .500 20 or 30 games in to the season we could make a trade then or at the deadline.

4. Dubz74

Dubz74 Superstar

Should've signed Bonino, traded Koivu for Hagelin, and traded Captain Keith for Kessel ;)

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  5. PhilliesND5

PhilliesND5 Rookie

John, if he's still available, you should sign Nick Schultz. Spent 12 years w Wild, 2nd all-time for games played, and has great defensive categories for a cheap 1 year depth player, especially since you don't have a great 7th D-man. ows_145177557623655.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. xXsharks48Xx

xXsharks48Xx Rookie

Johnny. I think the wild are in the right direction, BUT you should go after either melker karlsson or tommy wingles of the sharks or go after mike fisher from nashville. go after mike first because nashville might wanna give him up, but he is old. thats why i mentioned melker karlsson. hes a good center and a devoted 3rd or 4th liner. tommy wingles on the other hand is kinda like karlsson but is more physicall and takes more penalties. Go after melker karlsson for the PK and good depth, (hes 83 overall).

7. TuukkaRaskfan40

TuukkaRaskfan40 Commissioner

Bring up Gravoic, he's listed as a 4th line grinder and still has his star potential to grow more also

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  8. Devin Weston

Devin Weston President Of Hockey Operations

Phil "The Thrill" Kessel. If you're looking for a consistent playoff performer, then look no further than Philbert. ;)

9. Caniac36

Caniac36 Rookie 3 LEGEND

I love the Tyler Johnson signing. The Core players (Parise and Suter) are dropping significantly, I would go out and grab a true top 2 defenseman and start to think about the replacement for Parise and Suter. Maybe that Fiala will grow into your first line LW but if he doesn't, I would go for someone like Jeff Skinner or even a Tomas Hertl.

10. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

You're in a right direction. You got Tyler Johnson which really helps. But you need to improve the depth which screwed you in the playoffs. You have tons of picks and some players you don't need. I think you should have went for a guy like Bonino or even get Vermette back. But rest are good.

11. MNWild91

MNWild91 Legend

As a Wild fan it pains me to see Koivu get shipped off, but it needed to happen. For years the Wild needed that 1C, and with Johnson being young enough, maybe he gets up to 89-90. I've seen Booth get to mid 80s, so that adds to an already solid goaltending core.

As far as the team goes, I say trust with the team you currently have. If things go awry, I'd try to find a top four, maybe even a top two defenseman like you said.

12. Slapshot Tommy

Slapshot Tommy Superstar 3

First of all, agree with the trades. Koivu and Buffalo trade looked sweet. However, while the forward lines look sweet we are losing out in grit and defensive guys. 2 players from Ottawa came up, Lazar and Smith. I would hope 1 if not both could play on the PK. If we roll with this for example: Coyle / Zucker on the first and Helm / Haula. Not only do the two Sens give us a little more grit, you could have Coyle and Smith as the centers and then Helm and Lazar as the wingers. I just think we are two Offensively minded down the rigth hand side. Apart from that, the team is fairly shaping up!

13. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Superstar

I like a trade koivu to buffalo and yandle to predators to free up cap space. You sign tyler Johnson from free agent which is very boost top six forward line. By the way, nieto niederreiter will boost next season around 89 or 90 overall. You should keep eye on buffalo sabres regular season point on every time.

Second reason: year three lineup
    1. your third/fourth right wing forward was so weak. Maybe I choose lazar or peca will boost on penalty kill
    2. You don't have any depth defense from a roster.
    3. sign one depth defense on free agent
    4. bring up Gravoic, he's listed as a 4th line Twf and put him on penalty kill
    5. your defense core is so fine

Here is my lineup on year three
    1st line: parise, Johnson, niederreiter
    2nd line: granlund, coyle, aberg
    3rd line: zucker, haula, lazar
    4th line: gravoic, helm, peca
    Depth forward for injury: fontaine, smith and spaling

Defense
    1st pair: suter, spurgeon
    2nd pair: rielly, dumba
    3rd pair: brodin, scandella

Third reason: backup goalie?
    1. you should trade visentin for depth defense because he will upset ice time. keep ramo as backup.

My eye on prospect spotlight player: joe veleno 4 1/2 gold stars and he will be franchise over 90 overall. issac ratcliffe 61 overall PWF 4 green star because you need a bottom six forward for future. Also, Martin fehervary twd 4 1/2 gold star. F.Zaina left hand TWF 52 overall 4 1/2 gold stars.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  14. Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane Rookie

Please Get Tommy Wingles or Nick Bonino they both are good Defensivly and can score also have low trade value.

15. Mikael Grandlund

Mikael Grandlund Rookie

Line suggestions:

Forwards:

Parise 90-Grandlund 85-Niederreiter 88
    Coyle 86-Johnson 87-Aberg 84
    Zucker 82-Haula 83-Connolly 80
    Spaling 80-Helm 82-Fontaine 80

Make a trade for some better depth. You have an 80 overall sniper on your 3rd line, and to 80's on the 4th. Also you have to put me on the first line because I need to get above 85 overall and this is my last year to do that.

Defense:

Suter 92- Spurgeon 87
    Rielly 83- Scandella 84
    Dumba 85- Brodin 83

This way you have some depth in your defensive pairings. An 85 and an 83 on your third defensive pairing will shut every team down.

16. 19ajb

19ajb Pro 3

I'd say you need to trade Mark Visentin to a team that would need a backup goalie for a better 3rd liner, maybe Peca and some draft picks.

I say this because Visentin would have been very upset to become the 3rd goalie after being the backup last season, and would want to be the bonafide backup for another team.

Also, send back down Gemel Smith and Olofsson. I know you want them up, but, they're not going to get any experience being scratched the entire season. Instead, see if you can sign some depth defenceman and forwards like you did last year.

17. Poliyuk

Poliyuk Rookie

Look at Michael Mcarron or Philipe Danault of the Montreal Canadiens. MCarron is a massive, 6'6'' hulking center who can fill Darren Helm's role when he eventually leaves. Philipe Danault is another centerman, however he is shorter. He does have a more defensive mind than Mcarron, however.

18. Giroux 28

Giroux 28 Legend 2

Improve your bottom 6 because it looks pretty bad IMO.

19. ThePortugueseDevil

ThePortugueseDevil Rookie

You really need to either move Darren Helm to the 3rd line to improve it and get a new 4th line center with good faceoffs and discipline. Or get a good 3rd line winger, which would allow you to move Connoly to the 4th line with Spaling and Helm. I think you should get a PWF or a GRN for your 3rd line, to get some physical presence along side Zucker.

20. Giroux 28

Giroux 28 Legend 2

That yandle trade was soooo unrealistic giving up a first for prospects is so unrealistic :lol