Minnesota GM Mode - Discussion ep. 15

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

We won't win with this team, we need to add a piece or two. What should we do?

2. habsfan2159

habsfan2159 Veteran

You need to get that defensive minded 3rd line guy who is a great penalty killer. Mike Reilly has some decent trade value and hasn't been the greatest. Trade him to an Eastern conference team (preferably a team that isn't going to make the playoffs) so he doesn't come back and bite you in the ass. Also, play Gemel Smith on the 4th or 3rd line because Gemel Smith.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Chellguy

Chellguy Rookie

Think of your Situation, you are loaded with prospects and picks, but need to win NOW!! So you might need to sacrifice some of those A or B grade prospects to ship them out for a top 6 forward and top 4 D! Reilly could go as well, his defense isn't great! Think of trades like the Bobby Ryan one with Ottawa, although it hasn't turned out well yet for Ottawa its that kind of trade you need to make, 2 prospects and a pick for a proven prime aged player.

4. alex tortella

alex tortella Rookie 2

Johnny Two plans cup run or tank
    1 TANK = trade Dubynk,Helm,Granlund,etc
    2 CUP RUN = Trade for a player like curtis lazar and Fowler for the ducks
    Great series keep it going

5. Lights

Lights Superstar 3

The Wild rite now are a middle of the road team. I'm not trying to pick at players but Brett Conley, Justin Fontane, and escpially Darren Helm are just not producing. Darren Helm is being paid way to much to play this bad. Now it's the start of the year I wouldn't make moves now but if your still middle of the road team by mid January something might need to happen. A trade of some sort to pick up someone like Dwight King (not a suggestion just the first player that poped in my head).

6. YaBoiNickyT

YaBoiNickyT Rookie

I know you want to make the playoffs but you need to acquire to many pieces to make the playoffs. You'll have to give up an arm and a leg to get those pieces, the arm being your good prospects (4 stars or better) and the leg being your 1st and 2nd rounders. If you wanted to acquire that top 6 forward and top 4 defensemen, look at Philly, TB, Car, Flo, Van, Ariz, or Calgary. They are teams that are in the bottom of their divisions that may be looking to ship off key players for picks. I would look at Philly first because they have solid top 6 forwards and a decent top 4 d-man. Buffalo is looking to be a mid tier team so if you do make this type of trade, give up their first while it still has some value behind it. My recommendation to you is to try and get your 1st back. Give up Coyle for your 1st because Coyle consistently gets hurt at terrible times that you need him. From there, give up some of your older players for picks for next season and let the season wash down the drain, get a stud in the draft, and then come back next year knowing you have to win the cup. Parise and Suter won't drop to much and they will still be first liners. With the extra picks you acquired, use them and some prospects to get a superstar where you need it most so that you can win the cup. I know you don't want to miss the playoffs, but your team just isn't good enough to make the playoffs, yet alone compete against the west. Do the fans a favor, tank, get a stud, win the cup next year.

7. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

I'm going to be honest here, this feels like a team that was slapped together and told that they are expected to do well. For whatever EA voodoo bullshit that exists, this team feels less like a working unit than it should and I simply don't know what the answer is. Except I have had one problem with one player. In this game, you need snipers to win and Nino Niederreiter is simply not good enough. Do not be blinded by the 88 overall Johnny, it is an arbitrary number that is an estimate of the individual stats to help sort players, simple as that. He is not good enough to be a first line sniper who consistently puts up 30 goals which is what this team needs. If you want someone who gets those 30 goals consistently, you need someone who has 90s down the board for shooting or 88's at the bare minimum and same said with the offensive awareness. You also need a dedicate second line sniper who has a 4.5 star shot at least and that is something that helps a team win. I have always done the best on Legacy with this sniper set up. I like everything about this team defensively and in net, but I cannot help but put my thoughts here on what snipers do to teams and how much they affect the simulation. There is a reason why Dallas has two straight Cups in this GM mode, offense in this game is the key to winning

8. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Veteran 3

:omg and :mad: to gm superbman. :bang all your bottom six forward did not get over ten point on regular season :red. time to improve bottom six.

Second :wtf brodin has a six assist with no goal. Also, :red ramo wasn't great backup role. bring up mark visentin for backup role.

Third reason: :omg you need to improve powerplay and penalty kill. :bang

Fourth reason: time to trade brodin and rielly to find top six defenseman penalty kill like ivan provorov or robert hagg from :phi because ivan provorov will turn a top two dman for future. Trade ramo to find a 2nd right wing for sniper least 85 overall. trade helm for 4th line right wing: matthew peca from :tbl.

here is new Bottom six forward
    3rd line: zucker, haula, aberg
    4th line: smith, graovac, peca

Defense
    new 3rd pair: hagg, provorov

If :min should to improve powerplay, penalty kill, goal for per game, goal against per game and bottom six forward a higher. :stop before trade deadline to check on team standings and team stats for bottom six forward points.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  9. Smellay

Smellay Rookie 2

Andrew Shaw, Johnny Boychuk, and Joel Ward. Shaw is a solid grinder who can sometimes score, and is a good skater, Ward can score, grind, and is a solid passer with good defensive stats, Boychuk is a great hitter, with great defense and a powerful shot (just not very accurate). I had him for my old GM mode with Toronto and the only reason I traded him away was because he was like 34 and started to decline.

10. PuckIsLife

PuckIsLife Rookie 3

This is what you need. 1) start Smith maybe put him on the 2ed or 3rd line. Next you need a better power play, so i suggest getting a top 4 d man or a top 6 winger.

11. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

You need to improve that depth. That was the reason why you were successful in the previous gm modes. And getting a defensive forward for the 3rd line. Also you should play gemel smith for the 4th line.

12. BestPlayaEver69

BestPlayaEver69 Rookie

Johnny, I think this team has a problem and here's why: you have two snipers on the third line. Brett Connolly and Justin Fontaine just ain't getting it done. I think that that trade for Curtis Lazar and Zack Smith would be a perfect aquisition for this team as the PK percentage is at 78.6%. Go for Lazar and Smith and also try trading Reilly, the OFD, there too for a more defensive TWD or DFD. I would suggest trying to pick up Cody Ceci for the Top 4 and moving Marco Scandella down to the Top 6 alongside Jonas Brodin. I would suggest going for Ceci and Lazar and/or Smith (you can get one or both) for Mike Reilly, Brett Connolly, Justin Fontain (don't worry, you have plenty of playoff depth) and if that doesn't go through, try a either a draft pick (nothing more than a third!) or an unsigned three and a half star player. Also, your defensive depth looks a little week, especially with a 77 DFD playing on Ryan Suter's line when Jared Spurgeon was injured. Pick up a couple 80 overall defenseman in free agency if you can. This would make the team a lot better and more of a chance to compete in the West. Let's Go Wild!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Jeremy Selwin

Jeremy Selwin Rookie

Trade away Brodin. He has some trade value, but he isn't producing enough, and is getting injured quite a lot. You can find a much better player if you trade Brodin and a 1st round pick because you future players are already set up, so you end up getting a really good defender, and a strong low 80's player how can help you team. look for somebody like Seth Jones or Ryan Murray along with a 84 depth player. Your team would improve with that. Also if you look at your team right now, it's young with some veterans, so you don't need that many prospects. If you trade one prospect you can find a good player with high defensive stats along with a Defensive Defenseman because ur Goals Against is killing you.

14. Real_Burkio

Real_Burkio Rookie 2

Johnny,

I think you should look to the Canucks as a possible trade partner. In your universe the Canucks are a rebuilding team. You have a lot of draft picks, and young defensemen that they would love to have. You can look at their defence core and find some wonderful Top 4 defensive defensemen: Tanev comes to mind. Furthermore, they have some interesting bottom 6 pieces you could look at: Dorsett, Vey, etc. As for Top 6, you could get Bo. Horvat, but that might cost a lot.

Something like:

To Minnesota:

Bo. Horvat (c)
    Chris Tanev (RD)
    Derek Dorset (RW)
    Late Draft Pick

To Vancouver:

Riley (LD)
    Connelly (RW)
    Juolevi (LD)
    2nd Round Pick
    3rd Round Pick

(I hope that works, if it doesn't throw in your 1st round pick), and take back another player you may want.

15. John Tavares

John Tavares Hall of Famer 2

Either trade your draft picks or rebuild. I'd say trade your prospects and picks and win now, Parise and Suter arent getting any younger. I believe your still in win NOW mode. Strengthen the 3rd and Fourth lines. Pick up Smith and Lazar and maybe get a gritty hard hitting 4th line wing like Matt Martin. You also need a top 4 defenseman, a top 6 wont cut it. Trade Brodin or Rielly and maybe a 1st rounder for a top 4 87+ overall defenseman. Dubnyk aint cutting it either but i think with better defense he will start playing like the former Veznia Finalist he is.

16. Weaselboy

Weaselboy Rookie

You're looking for offensive help to get your top guys going or to get smith going more, I think you should go after David desharnais. He's a veteran leadership on the locker room and I promise you he does very good in the point department. I've had him and he gets 30-60 points on the 3rd or 4th line. Just give it a try.

17. BTHabs11

BTHabs11 Legend 3

Trade guys like Dumba and Rielly for a high rated Top 4 defenseman. Don't be afraid to give away a guy like Nylander away in a trade as he never gets past 80 in Legacy.

18. Giroux 28

Giroux 28 Legend 2

1st line*

19. PolyHymnia

PolyHymnia Rookie

You have no reason not to play Gemel Smith at least on the third line. For a trade I'd look for a 83-84 defensive minded forward his team wants to give away and trade him for a bottom line sniper + a not so great prospect or a draft pick.

20. Giroux 28

Giroux 28 Legend 2

You need to improve your goal scoring, mostly on the third line, don't be afraid to trade away prospects and picks to improve your bottom six. You are not getting enough goal scoring that is why you are in this position.