Minnesota GM Mode - Discussion ep. 15

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Ch33seburger Phil

Ch33seburger Phil Rookie

To begin, you really need a better goalie since Dubnyk is having a bad season with a .900% and the same with Kari Ramo. You can acquire Gibson or Frederick Anderson of Anaheim by trading Dubnyk, and a few of your draft picks including one of your 3rd rounders. This is also realistic since the team has 2 elite goalies and you have to give away some picks since you want to stay as playoff team now. Another team you can trade with is Tampa bay to get Bishop or Vasilevskiy since vasy should have grown to high 80s by now making the trade realistic like you want.
    Finally, you can trade mike Reilly like you said and get someone like Kris Russell who is great defensively and defense always comes first. You can always acquire bottom 6 forward depth in free agency.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  2. Sans

Sans Legend 3

I know Johnny has added some key prospects like Sergachev, Juolevi ect, and though they will become 87+ because of the 4.5 star, they have low trade value. Also, Ryan is on an awful contract for 5 more years, Johnny is not dumb enough to get him without retaining salary.

I'd also like to add that though Johnny has the 3 4.5 Red guys, the 4 star goalie and a couple 3.5 star prospects, Eriksen Ek and Fiala that is not loaded. Loaded would be something like Arizona or Toronto this year.

This is a really bias post imho.

3. Sans

Sans Legend 3

This is
    This is not realistic...Duby is a good starter who just isn't having the greatest start to the year. I'd like to add that giving a good starter and a 3rd would not go through for a younger, elite goalie, and the Ducks would be put in another similar situation just with an older backup who is getting wasted, if it were to go through.

4. Ch33seburger Phil

Ch33seburger Phil Rookie

Yeah now that I think of it he would need to add a bit more for the trade to go through but I think i'd be realistic and would last johnny more years in gm mode than dubnyk

5. McQuaid 54 Bruins

McQuaid 54 Bruins Rookie

You need to desperately improve the bottom 6. Helm and Haula are good defensive centermen, so keep them. But you need to move Brett Connolly and Justin Fontaine. Connolly is young and he will grow, but he is only an 80 overall and he is playing 3rd line and hasn't been productive. Fontaine is aging and won't get anywhere. You have 2 3rd round picks so move Connolly, Fontaine and a 3rd and maybe a 4th to get an 83-84 overall player. Maybe to Tampa to get Ryan Callahan. He is a grinder and will help defensively. And put Gemel Smith on the 4th.

6. McQuaid 54 Bruins

McQuaid 54 Bruins Rookie

7. McQuaid 54 Bruins

McQuaid 54 Bruins Rookie

Хоккей Снайиер
    Hockey Russian Sniper