Minnesota GM Mode - Discussion ep. 16

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

Final Stretch time boys, what should we do?

2. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Superstar

It was decent trade to jets for dano and clitsome. But bottom six forward doesn't get over 30 points. Central division will be tough to get in wild card spot. Dano has no goal since trade from Christmas.

Maybe you should get josh bailey from islanders and roussel from dallas stars to improve bottom six. Get hamhuis to improve defenseman like trade brodin for draft pick.

Johnny: sign depth defense from free agent.

3. Smellay

Smellay Rookie 2

Get Hank Sedin, but put him in the top 6 (replace him with Aberg for now) and depending on his faceoff stat you could move him to center and get Hamhuis so you can move scandella to the top 6, they may also help the PP and PK, Sedin will most likely retire after this season so dont give up too much.

4. Mikael Grandlund

Mikael Grandlund Rookie

After we clinch the playoffs or are eliminated from playoff contention, put me on the first line so I can grow I might not but you have to take a shot.

Trade a 3rd and a 4th round pick for Nathan Gerbe and Riley Nash so if you get any injuries you can replace them with 81 overall players instead of some AHL 1st liners.

You should trade for Carl Hagelin. You can put him on the 3rd line and he will bring alot of speed to that line with Zucker, Halua and then Hagelin.

After that your forward lines should look like this:

Parise-Johnson-Niederreiter
    Coyle-Granlund-Aberg
    Zucker-Haula-Hagelin
    Smith-Helm-Dano

5. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

Improve that depth, only way you can become successful.

6. crispycanuck1597

crispycanuck1597 Superstar 3

You can get Henrik Sedin and move Coyly to the wing and put Aberg on the 3Rd line

7. bowen37

bowen37 Rookie

Top 4 Defenseman is a must. When you're losing you're losing by 4 or more goals most of the time. I'd try to find a top 4 defensive defenseman or two-way defenseman with stellar defensive stats in order to stabilize the backend of your team. This will provide depth and allow you to shut down the high powered offenses in the West.

8. Cyotes fan

Cyotes fan Rookie 2

Make a trade for Patrick Sharp he will be perfect to help the second line as you saw they were all minus players so getting a scoring 2-way forward will be something to look at. Also the trade sounds realistic as the Stars are at the bottom of your division. I dont know who this would leave out of the top 6 however maybe you should move down Aberg and Dano. I know you would like Aberg to grow but he has had enough time in the top 6 this year plus a deep playoff run will help him grow more. Also you can swap him in on the powerplay if you do make the trade in brodin's spot on the point. I would try to aquire Sharp using the 1st from the sabers and Kari ramo, and a few 3 1/2 gold star prospects, then you can call up Visentien sense Ramo has been quite trash all year.

9. alex tortella

alex tortella Rookie 2

Johnny Get Justin Braun and dump the Jets d-man you got Braun is a beast in the game and he is from Minnesota #Sharks

10. BucketHorse

BucketHorse Superstar 2

Johnny's trades always work out for the other team but never for him.

11. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

I know nobody wants to hear this but I don't think that this year is going to happen. Everything is against you. Sure, you could trade for Sharp or Sedin, but you'd have to give up a lot to get that and that would hurt your future which isn't worth it in a year when your division is so tight. I say trade Dubnyk and any other players that are getting older and are just mediocre. Get draft picks or younger players. I know that Parise and Suter are getting older, but you didn't see Boston trading their future for players to win just because Chara, Krejci, and Bergeron were getting older. I think you should take a year or two. It sucks for Parise and Suter but that's realistic hockey. To win a cup you need a solid team that you've been building for years with more than a few good players and some depth that's kind of just there. Minnesota is not a cup contending team. If by some miracle you trade for a player and make the playoffs, your depth would fail you and you'd be out in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round. All a trade would do is prolong your inevitable failure season and hurt coming seasons.

12. Giroux 28

Giroux 28 Legend 2

ikr

13. YaBoiNickyT

YaBoiNickyT Rookie

Johnny, I'm saying you are going to miss the playoffs by 1 point this year. Your team has been sliding along all year but now that the end of the season is near, your players will not produce. Once you miss the playoffs, Buffalo is going to have a shot at the number 1 pick with YOUR 1st round and by some miracle, they are going to get the first overall pick. Trade Dubnyk and and other invaluable players and get a better 1st rounder back. Its better to get a stud in the draft instead of missing the playoffs and having no 1st rounder.

14. Giroux 28

Giroux 28 Legend 2

I think your team looks ok but I think you need some goal scoring, Dano was a decent pick up but I think maybe you should go after Hank Sedin. He is 86 overall and I think that maybe you can play him on the wing, he only has one year left so it is perfect. And I think that maybe switch things up a bit, maybe you should move coyle to the first line on the wing to replace Nino. Switch them for a few games a see how they play during those games and count how many points they both had playing on those lines, and move Grany to center during those games because he is a CENTER. Your team looks ok but if you want to make the playoffs you should make some changes.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  15. ericheiderscheit

ericheiderscheit Rookie 2

16. Leon

Leon Rookie

Johnny you shoud go after som enforcers becuse you need to get taugher to the playoffs

17. Giroux 28

Giroux 28 Legend 2

YYYEEESS

18. ericheiderscheit

ericheiderscheit Rookie 2

He is the GOAT

19. v5Hole

v5Hole Rookie

JOHN SCOTT IS THE FREAKING GOD AMONG US