Minnesota GM Mode - Discussion ep. 2

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

How do you think year one is going so far?

2. BTHabs11

BTHabs11 Legend 3

So far so good, just don't make any rash changes that can hurt your playoffs chances. This is key since you're in the tough Central Division. I advise that you take your team to the deadline and then trade for a rental to help out your forward's Top 6. Maybe you should trade Vanek to a contending team, then trade for a player like Jagr? It would be a clear upgrade and could definitely help you out in the playoffs.

LET'S GO WILD!!!

3. TexasDemon

TexasDemon Rookie 3

Droping Vanek to an 84? Did the tree hit you?

4. Pens-Jets

Pens-Jets Rookie

Going good gm superbman but I think getting a grinder in your line up would benefit your team, maybe bring up moen or fiddler

5. Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane Rookie

It's going great but I agree you should trade for a rental at the deadline a player I had in mind would be Dan Hamius. Go Hawks!

6. Erik Wanberg

Erik Wanberg Rookie

So far so good! A couple of things for you to think about.
    1. Prosser is pronounced Praw-ser just like it looks
    2. Trading Reid Duke was a mistake (at least it would be in real life) The Wild have been waiting on him for a while, and he is a large asset to the team.
    3.Don't underestimate Coyle. He is currently 2nd on the team with 21 goals and would be much better off on the 1st or 2nd line then where he is on your team now (with 2 grinders). Maybe consider bumping up his stats. Never mind just saw the newest roster!
    4. Good decision with the Pomin-P trade, this has been by far his worst year.
    5. Patrick Roy and the Avalanche suck.
    Keep it up and Go Wild!

7. HoPE x NaSHTY61

HoPE x NaSHTY61 Let's Go Rangers!!! LEGEND

A couple of interesting things from your very own 2BC Insider:

Dallas won 14 in a row before you beat them 4 to 3. They were 3 games off the longest winning streak ever by the 92-93 pens. So the trade worked out for Dallas just fine

WHAT IS GOING ON IN NY??? Can you check out the goalies for the Rangers. Raanta has 11 wins and is 8th on GAA. What is going on with Lundqvist???

8. JetsFan123

JetsFan123 Hall of Famer

Year 1 is going great right now, I suggest waiting until the trade deadline to make a minor trade or two, maybe trading for a couple depth players and draft picks, since your fourth line is kind of weak.

9. Derek Sith Boogaard

Derek Sith Boogaard Rookie 2

Please don't try to trade for anymore rentals and give up picks. This roster is basically built on rentals and the wild have nothing when it comes to picks and prospects. I do think coyle should get as much ice time as possible because he can become your franchise player. A backup goalie would be nice to considering keumper is as worthless as a sack of potatoes.

Go wild

10. Derek Sith Boogaard

Derek Sith Boogaard Rookie 2

Also this could be a interesting twist.....when you sign and draft players try to get mostly guys from Minnesota because for some reason it's a important thing here that fans want local guys like Parise and VANEK and haula. Maybe okposo (crosses fingers)

11. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

Now since your team is doing well, don't do any change to your team for now except an improvement for your 4th line. Maybe get Hampus Lindholm or burakovsky for the Wild. Also, do not trade prospects and picks because they have very less of those. I think 5 picks in this years draft. But good thing you got Gemel Smith. He grew to an 82 overall in your Dallas Stars GM Mode in the stream remember. He'll be decent.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  12. Sean Day

Sean Day Rookie 2

the season is going great one idea though is to pick up manny malhotra for depth. His face offs are unreal (around 90 overall) as a depth player for the face offs. Also DO NOT trade away any picks. Your prospect pool is extremely lacking and the more depth picks the better. But later in the season if Marleau's trade value is reasonable that trade for him without giving much up, as he is a proven elite sniper to play opposite of parise.

13. xXsharks48Xx

xXsharks48Xx Rookie

The wild are not doing to bad but for the forth line i think you should go out and get either Chris tierney or melker karlsson from San Jose or get Shawn horcoff or rickard rakell from Anaheim

14. Sean Day

Sean Day Rookie 2

This is a good idea but it is difficult to develop an entire team from Minnesota. I say players like vanek and parise only like people from Minnesota to play on their line and they like American born players to play with their team

15. Sean Day

Sean Day Rookie 2

Also malhotra is a grinder to make your team a little grittier

16. JZodX94

JZodX94 Veteran

WHAT IN THE WORLD! Why Jesse Puljujarvi is swedish Johnny he is finnish. Same thing with Alexander Nylander is not canadian he is swedish! Also I think you should put Elias Lindholm to a 4 1/2 red star and in the next video I hope you can take a look at it.

17. TheKandyCinema

TheKandyCinema Rookie

I would try to get a better third line right winger. Justin Fontaine is an 80 overall and is not good enough of a third line right winger to win Lord Stanley. I would suggest going for someone like Alex Chiasson of the Ottawa Senators. He's 82 overall and was playing left wing in the video when he's a natural right winger. Ottawa wasn't doing the greatest either, and would definitely be willing to trade him with loads of talent upcoming on the wing in Ottawa. He's got good categories and would definitely be an upgrade. He's also fairly good in age and is just entering his prime.

18. ChowPong343

ChowPong343 Rookie

Trade for Phil the thrill kessel he is a perfect fit Pittsburgh is barely in the playoffs ad want to shake it up and bring in a veteran like Vanek you could also add in a depth defense man so it will go through.This trade would work out for both teams you getting a better younger forward and they would be getting a forward that could help them get them in a better position to win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  19. kalebriverdale

kalebriverdale Rookie

If your scoring starts to lack trade for Jonathan Drouin. Or just show us what it would take for a team in the hunt for Drouin.
    Put him on a line with Parise and it will be light's out.

20. BryzDidNothing

BryzDidNothing Rookie

I am a casual watcher of your GM Modes, i sometimes like to watch them while i do other things. I have seen your 2 episodes on the MN Wild and, as a diehard, who has followed the team since inception as a STH, i figured, i might add my two cents.

Don't Trade Mikko

Don't play Granlund anywhere other than C

You can move Coyle to RW, he plays there regularly

As much as i disagree with trading Kappo, I dont see it as a horrible trade

I dont like that you are filling up our 4th line with shitty 80-somethings that you signed to a deal because they are Minnesota Born. Thats what Carter, and Schroeder are for, and they are MN Born

Dont take Brodin for granted, he's 85 and he's only 22 Years Old

Pronunciation Guide:

Joh-nus Bro-Dean (Jonas like the Weezer song)

Nayt Pross-Err

Mihk-ai-el Grohn-lund

SteeV Myk-All-ehk (AHL Goaltender)

Lastly

Don't call us "Minny"