Minnesota GM Mode - Discussion ep. 2

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Mar 27, 2016.

1. BryzDidNothing

BryzDidNothing Rookie

I almost forgot,

BRING BACK GABBY

RETIRE NUMBER 32

2. Uncle Ryan

Uncle Ryan Hall of Famer 2

get galchenyuk

3. Seago24

Seago24 Rookie

I think if you're trying to trade away an older guy or two, if you can get back some good young players in the same position as them and/or some draft picks. Just my opinion. You'll get more in return since those guys are coming to the end of their careers anyways.

4. devilsfan313

devilsfan313 Rookie

Johnny, its pronounced Pool-Yu-Yarvi (Puljajarvi), Len-ay (Laine), Ka-chuck (dont pronounce the T), and chi-ch-rin (Chychrun), and New-Lander (Nylander)

5. Subby Dubby Doo

Subby Dubby Doo Hall of Famer

If you're looking for a future goaltender, I'd suggest you go for Zachary Fucale. He's young and has good potential and usually becomes a solid goalie in every GM mode I've done.
    It would also be realistic for Montreal to give him up as they have a 28 year old Carey Price who's in his prime and who will be their #1 goalie for years to come. Fucale will never manage to take over the starter spot until Price retires. By then, Montreal will have had time to find another starting goalie.

6. TCN1

TCN1 Rookie

Good you should try to trade for Connor Murphy and Michael Stone from Arizona their both young had have good potential

7. Vinny

Vinny Coach LEGEND

If it ain't broke don't fix it. This team hasn't been fully 100% consistent, but damn they have definitely been performing well. I'd say at this point to keep the lines for both defense and offense. The first line is doing great with Parise. Same with the man himself, Suter. Before you decide to make any trade, see what this team does before the deadline.

8. Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson Rookie

Hey gm,

Remember the days of me and Lindolm? HUGE offensive threat. You know, my teams shitting the bed this year. So I want to help. I think that Lindholm would go AMAZING with Suter. Lindholm's offensive threat mixed with Suter's defensive capabilities will destroy.

Yours Truly,
    EK65

9. Jack Olson

Jack Olson Rookie

Get Matt Cullen, who's 39, on the Pens, he is doing well this year and is only on a one year contract. Also he is Minnesota born and has great faceoffs and defensive awareness. Played in Minnesota for a while and would be great to retire in the State of Hockey. Much better than Michal Handzus.

10. Dadonov2.0

Dadonov2.0 Rookie

Johnny, your team is looking great so far. However, if you start to slip or want to upgrade at the trade deadline, you should trade for a better third liner. A good example would be Darren Helm. Young-ish (28) defensive centre with good faceoffs and is 84-85 overall I believe. Haula can play switch to RW.

Also, here are the draft names.

Chychrun: Chick-rin
    Puljujarvi: Poo-loo-yarvy
    Laine: Ly-nay

Also, CREATE ME AGAIN AND PUT ME ON YOUR FIRST LINE

11. Striker NHL

Striker NHL Rookie

Your team looks good. Look to pickup a 3rd line rental player like Daniel Winnik from the Caps, since they're doing bad for some reason. Or even Brandon Prust from the Canucks, to boost your teams physicality for a deep run for the playoffs. Honestly, no Defencemen are needed, since you got Mike Reilly and Matt Dumba getting better. Here's what I think should be your lines for a deep playoff run:
    Parise-Koivu-Nino
    Granny-Coyle-Vanek
    Zucker-Haula-Winnik
    Prust-Handzus-Jones
    Porter

Suter-Spurgeon
    Brodin-Goligoski
    Scandella-Dumba
    Reilly

12. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Superstar

Pretty good start a year one record. 4th line is start to weaken so maybe upgrade your another depth forward and get some team for higher 2nd round draft pick and 3rd round draft pick

Scout players : I'm sugguest that you should go to OHL, WHL QJML, Russia and more because there is a ton of top 5 and top 10 forwards, defenseman and goalies

By the way, Here is a list of Minnesota born NHL players:
    http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/us-state/nhl-players-born-in-minnesota-2015-16-stats.html

13. Calgaryflames82

Calgaryflames82 Legend

Lets keep it rolling. Things to be rolling on all cylinders. However, lets see the Minnesota Wild handle adversity if/when injuries start occurring. We could have a new story and identity for the wild if players start going down with injuries.

Also, if you want to make picks during this years draft, whose expendable on the roster? It could come down to making moves at the draft and not during the season for picks.

Also, hiller in the top 10 in GAA and Save Percentage? :lolyou can throw realism out the window ;). (Im kidding, for the most part :p)

14. Derek Sith Boogaard

Derek Sith Boogaard Rookie 2

I know VANEK and haula are foreign but they played college here

15. King Alfie

King Alfie Veteran

If you were to make a deal, aquire a grinder for your third line. I would suggest either Kyle Clifford (I know you've gotten him before but he's pretty good) or Cal Buttercup. Buttercup has already had one stint in Minnesota, and was part of the deal that brought Nino Niederreiter to Minnesota. He could be a big part of your bottom 6 for the future.

16. SeanDay

SeanDay Rookie

That is the best idea in the world. Nobody could say it is unrealistic because of what is going on with Druin.

17. HFrizaay

HFrizaay Rookie

Don't call Minnesota minny I have no clue what that is or why that is a nickname for the 10,000 laked state

18. DontPokeTheBear

DontPokeTheBear Rookie 3

PULJÄRVI aint no freaking Swedish goof. Hes Fantastic Finn.. My god Johnny get ur shit together :D

19. Andrew Erickson

Andrew Erickson Rookie

Thank you dude, that's basically what I was gonna say. Fan since inaugural season also. And with how Haula has been, he deserves to be an 84 or 85. And idk what 2BC is talking about, in real life - the Wild have one of the best d-pools in the leauge! Dumba could easily be an 84 over all, at least boost his slappers. Mike Reilly is an 82ish over all IRL, and has top 4 potential. And 2BC, please add " Alex Tuch " he's a RW prospect that we selected 18th overall, and he got 101 points in 41 games with a small club. Keep kuemper, and boost him to about 84. Make Dubnyk's poke checking better, he does that all the time in real life and is one of the best in the NHL at it. Also, spurgeon is easily an 86 overall minimum. He plays nearly as much as Suter, and is 2nd on our defense in goals and minutes played, and he's one of the more underrated offensive d-men in the league, and he's in his twenties. He's a top 2 defensemen easily, and is better than Suter at times. To wrap up, thank you for finally doing Minnesota! And also, Coyle has played RW all season and granlund usually plays center, but we occasionally move him on the wing with Parise and Koivu, as an extra center for face offs. I watch every game, so please trust me.. Anyway, I hope you take these notes into hand.. Thank you!

20. TheNumbNut

TheNumbNut Rookie

johnny, if you want to go deep in the playoffs you need the depth to do it. At the deadline you should go for a 4th line LW and upgrade your 3rd line with maybe some more scoring ability. donèt target anything but rentals though with a team like this you could be a non-playoff team next year.