Minnesota GM Mode - Discussion ep. 2

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Basement Dweller

Basement Dweller Rookie

I still think you should trade for McDonagh. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day after Koivu retires. Minnesota born captain.

Oh and also #BringBackBackstrom #Retire32

2. Ilya Bryzgalov

Ilya Bryzgalov Rookie 3

You desperately need a young goalie

3. Barbiebear

Barbiebear Rookie

You should go for a young hard-working Lw or Rw for the 3rd or 4th line, I'm thinking Melker Karlsson, Oscar Sundqvist, or you could go with someone a bit more established, J T Miller, Helm, Palmieri etc, you need to improve your bortom 6 If you want to win the cup! Also Alexander Nylander is from sweden, the little brother of William Nylander!

4. Ilya Bryzgalov

Ilya Bryzgalov Rookie 3

Like others have said, switch Coyle and Granlunds positions

As for young goalie options, get someone good enough to play now but will dominate in the future. Someone like Petr Mrazek or Andrei Vasilevsky.

5. Jason09

Jason09 Rookie

Johnny i think you should deal Koivu for some picks and a 3rd line center because i think Coyle is good enough to play on the first line. I say you go to a team like Arizona who needs a solid 1st line center ( koivu ) and you try to make a deal for vermette and a 3rd round pick ( 2016 ) for koivu.

6. Ilya Bryzgalov

Ilya Bryzgalov Rookie 3

Koivu's doing good so far so not this season. Coyle isn't a 1st line center yet. Trading Koivu for Vermette would just make his team worse and the 3rd rounder doesn't help much.

7. minimac16

minimac16 Rookie

Yes BRINGBACK GABBY to finish his career where started

8. gmzod

gmzod Rookie

Hey 2bc what about trading vanek for jagr at trade deadline bring a proven scorer and experience for the play offs and u need to trade for some draft picks soon

9. BTHabs11

BTHabs11 Legend 3

He was actually born in Canada.

10. Kate Upton

Kate Upton Legend 3

Year one is good, The State Of Hockey is playing some good hockey. I feel theres a lack of scoring presence on your team. Its not something that you need to adress right now, maybe closer to the deadline. But you have a 3 year gap to win Lord Stanley. Then i think you'll have to retool. The team you have now can win you a cup.

ALL HAIL KING GEMEL!

11. Matt Jastrab

Matt Jastrab Rookie

Trade for Gaborik. He is a veteran in the league and has already played for the Wild. Every Stanley Cup winning team has veterans that lead them to a cup. If you want to win you need veterans and you said you wanted people from Minnesota. Trade Vanek and a couple late picks for him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  12. Smeric101

Smeric101 Rookie

So far, so good! There is one thing though. Trade for a better backup goalie! I just did a GM mode with Minnesota and Darcy Kuemper is terrible in year 2. He had a 0-12-3 record, 4.77 GAA and .869 Save Percentage so I would recommend trading Darcy Kuemper and a future 2nd for a backup goalie like Michal Neuvirth or James Reimer.
    #GOWILDGO!
    P.S. Mrazek deserves to be better.

13. Evgeni Malkin 71

Evgeni Malkin 71 Rookie 3

Anyways from comments on the last video a lot of people talked about draft picks. You only have a 1st, a 4th, and 2 7ths. You should trade for more draft picks like a 2nd. Keep Vanek for some time. If your team is shittin' the bed at the trade deadline trade Vanek for a younger player and draft pick. As in your buffalo gm mode, Sean Day could help your team in defence. If your team is doing good, maybe trade "extra" players for some picks. If your team makes the Playoffs, during the trade deadline trade for players like B.Schenn and Jagr. They have low trade value. Nick Leddy and Dan Girardi could help too. The Vets could help with your playoff team. If they don't retire, ship them away. If do good on the team kepp them. Anyways it would be an honour to have Jagr's number retired on the team!:)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  14. Evgeni Malkin 71

Evgeni Malkin 71 Rookie 3

Jimmy Howard for Darcy Kuemper and a future 8th, will that go through?

15. habs4thewin

habs4thewin Rookie

guys stop it with all your overall and potential suggestions, Johnny has already started the sim...

16. Butcher

Butcher Rookie

Its going good so far. You are doing well in the season and you have a growing team. If the team starts to shit the bed trade some of the older guys for a goalie prospect and maybe other prospects. I wouldn't go and get draft pics for this team.

17. mnwild56

mnwild56 Rookie

Well I think it's pretty self explanatory by the way you started off the year. Extraordinary record for this club and the trade you did with Pominville couldn't have affected Dallas too much because they are the only team ahead of you. Keep it up and GO :min

18. Samee

Samee Hall of Famer 2

Bring Yakupov in. Maybe he can be a 2nd line center for you, and it would make sense for him to leave since he doesn want a change in senerio. Him playing along with Granlund or Coyle can really help him grow.

19. 02Schreck

02Schreck Rookie

Patrik Laine-(Line-Nay)
    He's actually a toss up for second overall with Puljujarvi from the mid-term rankings by Bob Mackenzie. The pronunciation is actually from him and I like to think he knows what he's talking about; it is also how Finnish announcer say his name in every highlight I found.

20. Alec diluciano

Alec diluciano Rookie

Kyle Okposo Minnesota born free agent next year