Minnesota GM Mode - Discussion ep. 3

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

We simmed up to the deadline and I like what I see. What's the next step for Minny?

2. ZUCC

ZUCC Hall Of Famer

Definitely go after Jagr. Give up Jones because he has 1 year left and also add a 3rd or a prospect or 2.

3. NorthernStar

NorthernStar Veteran 3

Jagr is the perfect fit for this team. He's putting up great stats in Florida and Minny needs a bit more scoring, couple that with his low trade value and contract, it could be a very good deal for the squad.

4. Vertius

Vertius Rookie

As far as drafting goes I'm not saying to do anything too crazy but if you can move up for Matthews. If it is not possible then that's fine but Koivu won't be around forever and he will decline eventually and Granny smith never grows to be a 1st liner. Maybe rarely he does so getting Matthews would be very smart. He's a first liner within 3 years and would look good in Minny green. As far as the deadline goes if anything you could upgrade your scoring but for what you would have to give up to upgrade it significantly to make a serious playoff push/run I'd say it would be better to just save your assets and make that push for Matthews although Jagr is cheap hes only going to stay for one year and then your back to where you were before once hes gone in my opinion its just wasting trade assets. Your defense is solid and so is your goal tending I think your top 6 is fine if anything you bottom 6 could use an upgrade in a spot or two but that's for free agency I think all you need is that young 1st line center of the future.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  5. Jeff02

Jeff02 Rookie

You should get V. Nichuschkin (84 ovr at 20 yrs) and a 3rd this year and next year for pomminville (85 ovr and 32 yrs) and jones (81 ovr 31 yrs)

6. aiden4803

aiden4803 Rookie

Boyd Gordon on the Arizona Coyotes has very good defensive stats and would be a good acquisition if you're looking for depth and defensive players. He is 90 overall for faceoffs, 80 overall for shot blocking, and 85 for stick checking.

7. BTHabs11

BTHabs11 Legend 3

I believe you should take my suggestion from before and pick up Jagr. Your team since the all-star break has been showing some cracks in it and this is unacceptable for the playoffs. Getting a guy like Jagr can really inject your team with that offence and leadership it could use.

For a trade I suggest giving up either Jones or Jokinen, a low pick and a prospect just to make it realistic for Florida. If that doesn't work then going after Elias can be your Plan B.

LET'S GO WILD!!!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  8. Whitecaps4

Whitecaps4 Rookie

As a Vancouver fan, I think you should trade for Bo Horvat. He is a young center who has exceptional faceoff stats, and he is capable at both sides of the ice. He could slot in between Coyle, and Granlund and he could become the future 1st line center with Parise when Koivu retires.

9. TuukkaRaskfan40

TuukkaRaskfan40 Commissioner

I think you should get Jagr with that trade value, also a story for you is Tuukka Rask who looks to be having an insane year with a GAA of 2.00, SV% of .933 and leads the leauge in wins, I think?

10. Johnny, Go after Brady Skjei (Shea) on the Rangers. He can grow to an 84 overall if you play him right, and you should bring home the Minnesota Boy.

11. Canadian Klutz

Canadian Klutz Rookie

Try to get the big man Brian Boyle from Tampa. He's good defensively and would be a good 3rd liner. Also pick up Jagr. You know he wants to win a cup and Minnesota has a good chance at that this season!

12. Josh Hilfman

Josh Hilfman Rookie

I think a great option would be Alexander Semin from the Jets. He is a proven goal scorer and has the offense that would bring the team into prime position for a deep playoff run. He also really low trade value so you didn't have to trade all your assets to get him. You could put him on the 3rd line to turn that line into a real playoff scoring third line.

13. Scottie P

Scottie P Rookie

If your going to go after someone on the 4th Line I wouls suggest Ben Gordon, has around 90 faceoffs and is very good on the PK, otherwise go for Jagr as he would help produce more goals and potentially win games for you

14. Capitals0508

Capitals0508 Rookie 2

I would go for Tangauy and trade Zucker. They are around the same trade value and Tangauy could bring some more offense to the table. The minor problem is the cap.

15. Stephen Bennett

Stephen Bennett Rookie

Johnny, definitely go fo Jagr. He has the playoff experience and the scoring touch you need. Not only that, but you can drop Jones' contract in the process. As for some depth, I would either go for Chris Neil from Ottawa or Horcoff from Anaheim. Horcoff can be your replacement for Jones when you trade him for Jagr and he is good at faceoffs and would help the PK. Also, if you trade for Jagr, go for Thornton as well for some depth.

16. SpookDarkness

SpookDarkness Pro 2

Hear me out Johnny, Go get Patrik Elias and save him from NJ. He's only a rental and it won't take much to get him. I know the Devils are contending but GM Shero would still think to the future and ship him for a prospect or picks just like he did this year by dealing Lee Stempniak... it's a big cap number but for a proven playoff performer and a 2 time Stanley Cup champion. Parise and Elias have gone to the cup together before and Elias has had a past of coming up with the big play in Stanley cup games before. Please see his behind the back pass to Jason Arnott to beat the DALLAS STARS in 2OT!

17. BenderAlert

BenderAlert Rookie

I think you need a good young prospect, like Gaudreau. I also think you might want a solid backup, because Duby is almost 30, and he could be retiring, or dropping off. Also, you should try to trade your picks, for other picks from worse teams. And if you need a good 3rd or 4th line player, you could trade your remaining 2nd, 3rd, and maybe even 4th round picks.

18. Arizzo32

Arizzo32 Guest

John I hate to say this half way through the season, but no way nino niederreiter is not worthy of an 85 overall. It just bothers me and he should be dropped to 82-83. Sorry for being the buzzkill

19. Arizzo32

Arizzo32 Guest

John you need to get a legit 1st line right winger. I know Nino is doing good but i dont think he's good enough to carry especially when you can get a rental like Jagr or Blake Wheeler because Winnipeg sucks. Also i think its important to get a guy like Lauri Korpikoski as 2-way depth in the forward corp

20. BenderAlert

BenderAlert Rookie

Blake and Jags are getting old. (Especially Jags) so Johnny should just keep Nino, because who knows, he could be 86 if Johnny plays him right. And if he did trade Nino, why would it be for a guy in his 40's, or a guy who is almost 30, and might drop in 2-3 seasons.

21. Josh Hardin

Josh Hardin Rookie 3

I love what's going down as of late! I'd reccomend going for that trade for Jagr.. But at the same time, draft picks are more valuable than a player at his age. If the trade goes through, I'd reccomend no dishing out any draft picks because the future is more important.