Minnesota GM Mode - Discussion ep. 3

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Basement Dweller

Basement Dweller Rookie

Trade Jones and a pick for Jagr. You can move Granlund over to center and put Jagr on the wing with Vanek, and then Coyle can drop down to a 3rd line winger. Try to go after Horcoff to as he's a solid 4th liner with veteran playoff experience

Parise - Koivu - Niederreiter
    Vanek - Granlund - Jagr
    Zucker - Haula - Coyle
    Horcoff - Handzus - Fontaine

2. Dalton carbaugh

Dalton carbaugh Rookie

Trade for jagr he is good and he is old so he might have good poise for the playoffs and he has low trade value and they want to give him up which would make it easier to trade for him then you can go out and trade for depth guys for the playoffs and maybe get a better backup for dubnyk

3. Dalton carbaugh

Dalton carbaugh Rookie

He don't have to trade Nino for jags he could trade like porter or David jones

4. Dalton carbaugh

Dalton carbaugh Rookie

You should not trade draft picks for a guy who could retire and his prospect pool is weak so get as many prospects as he can

5. Dalton carbaugh

Dalton carbaugh Rookie

But Noone would want to give up the 1st pick so he would probly have to give up an arm and a leg for it

6. Arizona Coyotes fan

Arizona Coyotes fan Rookie

Johnny Trade for Jaromoir Jagr or Radim Vrbata,
    Vrbata is a 83 overall,
    You can use him for depth plus he is a sniper which can help improve the offence!

Go WILD!!!

7. Mrhockey1234

Mrhockey1234 Rookie

Hey Johnny, great content as always.

The team is great but I agree that you need some more offence. I think your top 6 forwards a pretty solid. But your bottom 6 may need some improvement. I would suggest improving your third line right wing. Trade away Justin Fontaine for a solid right winger.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  8. Subby Dubby Doo

Subby Dubby Doo Hall of Famer

Like I said previously, go for Fucale. Montreal has Price, who will be their elite starter for years to come. Fucale usually grows to an 88-90 overall, but will still never manage to dethrone Price until very late. Montreal doesn't need an 88 overall backup goalie.

Also, Montreal is in desperate need for a top 6 winger. They've got Pacioretty, Galchenyuk & Gallagher on the first line, which is fine, but after that, they have Plekanec on the 2nd line and that's it. They don't have any 2nd line wingers. So you can send Vanek to them. They have gone up the rankings and are desperately trying to make the playoffs. A 2nd line sniper would be more than welcome in Montreal to help out with their playoff push.

9. RaimoTarkki

RaimoTarkki Hall of Famer 2

Are you kidding? Niederreiter is really damn good and is in the conversation for the Selke this year. I think he should be around 87/88

10. HockeyGM123

HockeyGM123 Rookie

Johnny, to be blunt, your special teams are horrendous. In your last video, you also mentioned a need for an offensive defenseman as well. Loui Eriksson of the Bruins is a great special teams player. He is on Boston's pp and pk and is very effective. He is also on an expiring contract which also helps. He has played every forward position for the Bruins and is very versatile. If you want to help fill both of these needs in one trade, then why not go for Torey Krug. He is also on an expiring contract, is only 24 years old, and a solid offensive d-man. Krug has 39 points this year (in real life), which is also 24th in the league. Not great but still pretty good. I tried to create a deal on current-gen and ended up with Matt Dumba and Marco Sacandella for Krug, Eriksson, and Joe Morrow. A little about Morrow, he is a 78 overall (not great) but has a low trade value and has elite potential on the current ea sports ratings.
    Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 11.15.25 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 11.15.58 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 11.16.47 AM.png

11. Brew22

Brew22 Legend 3 LEGEND

I think that Jagr for Jones + a pick/prospect just makes too much sense. He can help your powerplay and 5 on 5 scoring, plus bring veteran leadership.

12. BostonFan14

BostonFan14 Rookie

Johnny, go and pick up Jagr. He has a low trade value and because you gave hum 5 stars, he may not retire at the end of the year. He does have over 50 points on a struggling Florida team. Imagine the ageless one in Minny. Filthy.

13. Brayden4499

Brayden4499 Rookie

Get a better 3rd line right winger trade for a guy like kyle palmieri and trade away Jones Fontaine and a third or fourth in 2017 2018 or a prospect

14. LeafsFan99

LeafsFan99 Rookie

Trade Jones and a 3rd for Jagr and put jagr on your second line. also trade a 4th and prospect for semin for your 3rd line. You need that scoring touch and with the addition of 2 snipers I think you solved the scoring problem. Your lines would be...
    Parise. Koivu nino
    Vanek grandland jagr
    Haula Coyle semin

15. Fitz72

Fitz72 Rookie 3

Alright John, I would do this;

1. Trade Jones and one of your Top 6 defencemen away for Jagr

2. Go to Arizona, Boyd Gordon is a filthy penalty killer With discipline at 90, faceoffs at 90, Shot blocking at 85 and stick checking at 86 and defensive awareness around 84-86, and get Michael Stone who is a Top six DFD with next to no trade value for Fontaine and Carter, maybe add a 4/5th rounder in there.

3. TRADE AWAY VANEK... its not that he's terrible its the sheer fact that his contract is terrible for his current overall, try to bring in a youngish prospect to replace Jagr in a year or so!

4. Finally, and only if you need extra PK help I'd go to TB and trade for the big man Brian Boyle, 6'7 244lbs with 83 83 84 86 top to bottom in his defensive category and you need a better back up and a goalie of the future, Their back up Goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy is 80 something overall 4 yellow - 4.5 red star potential and 21 years old with low trade value and I'd trade for them both with kemper, Erik Haula and maybe your third from 2017-2018.

Just a thought, i might also look at Cody Cici, he doesn't really have a place on ottawa and is usually an RFA in the upcoming off-season.

16. xXsharks48Xx

xXsharks48Xx Rookie

definatly go after jager because hes a goal scorer and you need gf and pp% maybe horcoff, zack smith, or neil for pk% and go get melker karlsson, hes a great center and hes ok for the pk ot put him on the wing. he can score and has low trade value

17. Charles Jr.

Charles Jr. Legend 3

Go after Jaromir Jagr, so he could bump Tomas Vanek down to the third line. You should also get a solid third liner like Tommy Wingels or Alex Killorn and go get David Legwand in Buffalo. He is cheap and you could put him over Ryan Carter and is an awesome PK player. Also trade Justin Fontaine for a depth player like Phil Di Giuseppe.

18. UtahButImTaller

UtahButImTaller Rookie

I say, find a way to trade for Jagr or Elias. Both are oldish, yet productive players that would be good rentals for the remainder of the season. Also, if you are looking for younger prospects, try to trade for Spencer Watson of the LA Kings. He is only 19 years old and he is unsigned prospect who's contract is ending this year. If you play him in the AHL after two years, he can quickly go from a mid 60 overall to an 85 at only 21 years old. Since the Kings have limited cap room, it would be hard for them to resign him, and he is also on the trade block which means they are looking to get rid of him. This would be a good pick up for the future.

19. Arizzo32

Arizzo32 Guest

I wasnt saying to trade nino, i just think he isnt first line quality at the moment and i think EA has him overrated by 2 or 3

20. The Gman Green

The Gman Green Rookie

I say yes to the Jagr deAL and you could shup out Jones and jokinen