Minnesota GM Mode - Discussion ep. 3

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Vinny

Vinny Coach LEGEND

There is no reason why any GM would want to back away from getting Jagr in the situation that Minnesota is currently in. I'd trade him for Jones and try to get a pick as well in the trade. Also, Florida reclines this trade offer, try your best not to let go of any picks. We absolutely cannot suffer from creating more gaps in our future

2. Samee

Samee Hall of Famer 2

Jaromir Jagr would be a great acquisition. But trading for Jagr would mean putting either Granlund or Coyle onthe 3rd line. I suggest putting Coyle or Granlund on the third line right wing. Trade Jones for Jagr and maybe a 3rd if you need to, then go ahead and get Elias and put him on the third line. Jokinen can go. Making these aquisitions will probably improve your scoring. Chris Neil is also a good tough guy to get. You dont really have any tough guys on your team/

Parise-Koivu-Niederrieter
    Vanek-Granlund-Jagr
    Elias-Haula-Coyle
    Carter-Handzus-Neil

3. Gallagher4Captain

Gallagher4Captain Rookie

Hey Johnny! Go for Jagr if you want, i see no reason to don't. If yo want some veteran leadership go for Markov and ask to montreal to retain some of his salary that will help you.Next, i think you should replace Ryan Carter on the 4th by Neil,Thornton(FLO) or maybe Downie.

4. Leafs

Leafs Hall of Famer 2 LEGEND

Your situation in 4 or 5 years will be really tough because Parise and Suter are going to be tying up a lot of your cap. Even if you have a lot of good young players around that time, signing them all will be a struggle. That is why I think now is the best time to go for a Cup. Parise, Koivu, Dubnyk and Suter are the best they will be for you in this GM Mode, so take it while you can. Try to grab Jagr if you can as well as some depth players for your bottom 6. If you do get Jagr, Vanek is an expendable piece who has a large salary. Vanek is only going to get worse from here on out, so now is the time to trade him, as he is clearly not part of the future, and is the lowest scoring player in your top six besides maybe Coyle.

Try not to let go of any picks, because more picks is always better, but don't feel like you need to be too stingy. Remember, while you don't have a lot of bonafide prospects, Coyle, Granlund, Niederreiter, Brodin, and Zucker are all under the age of 25, not to mention Scandella and Spurgeon are only 26. All I'm saying is, you may not have a lot of prospects, but you already have a lot of young, NHL ready players as a great supporting cast, so holding onto later picks to use as future depth players isn't more important than going for the Cup.

5. GGill77

GGill77 Rookie

HEY JOHNNY. Just wanted to say that I'd recommend trading Thomas Vanek for Philip Forseberg from the Nashville Predators. He's young and he'll do great on the second line as a Right winger with moving Granlund to the Left wing spot. Vanek has high Trading value and Forseberg is young and very good in the coming future and could develop up to a first line spot.
    KEEP UP THE AWESOME VIDS.
    PEACE!!

6. BaconMemeMachine

BaconMemeMachine Rookie

Johnny, you gotta go get Markus Grandlund from Vancouver, he's Mikeal Grandlunds brother and re untiting them would be great for the team, Markus Granlund could play on that 3rd line right wing spot where Fontaine was as you were talking about needing an upgrade on your 3rd line. Cmon!!! Re unite the bros!!!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  7. Kaljakori

Kaljakori Legend 3

Johnny, the Canucks have Brandon Prust with 1 year left at 2.5M. He'd be a great guy for your 4th line and has very little trade value. Other guys you could go after could be Horcoff(ANA, 1.75M) and Jan Hejda(WPG, 2.7M), depending on their years left. I suggest you would not go after Jagr, as that would require you to drop some of the younger guys to a bottom-6 role.

8. Avenhockeydude10

Avenhockeydude10 Rookie

Johnny I see that your penalty kill is not the best so I think a good idea would be to stop the team that always kills us. Go get Andrew Shaw. He's great on the man advantage in chicago and he has won two cups. Great to have a proven winner who has great heart on a team like the wild. Besides these video game GM's will do anything if you give enough back

9. Thehockeydude 2.0

Thehockeydude 2.0 Rookie

Get Vrbata he is great depth and/or you could acquire someone like Justin Williams and A 3rd this trade isn't unrealistic considering capitals are out of playoffs. Also Jagr is a good idea but it would mean second line time for neiderrieter who is your leading goal scorer Jagr is what you need but I don't think he's the right fit

10. NJDevils82

NJDevils82 Rookie

I agree I mean as a devils fan myself I could see the devils giving him up in the game he retires in the 2016 offseason

11. Super meow

Super meow Rookie 2

Jagr is the obvious choice , he will be a prominent role in taking this team into a deep playoff run and will add more vet. His trade value is extremely reasonable to negotiate with.

12. Synk Gaming

Synk Gaming Rookie

I think you need to go after Iginla. He is better than Vanek and will last longer than Jagar, who will most likely retire after the season is over. Trade away Jones and either a future third round pick or a crappy prospect

13. Ghost92

Ghost92 Rookie

Jagr, or a young gun like Gostisbehere. I say Jagr is good second line potential playing alongside a good younger player, which is why Gostisbehere came to mind.

14. KriptheHockeyGod

KriptheHockeyGod Rookie 2

I think dubnyk is solid but if he gets injured especially if he gets injured for playoff time kemper isnt good yet since you havent used him much yo should trade to Florida him for a young goalie and mabye Jagr

Also as a side note please post Shogun 2 more often because im really enjoying it and i dont like waiting 3 weeks for a 45 min video and since im considering buying it my self

15. SENS TALK

SENS TALK Rookie

Johnny, if you want to win the cup like you say you're gonna need depth, the perfect man for the job would be Zack Smith, this 2016 season he's scored more then 20 goals with the Senators and has little trade value, it would really work out for you and give you that extra push for the cup. Plus he's young, Canadian and not to mention a great fit for the Wild, get it done Gm Superbmen!

16. Ghost of Razgriz

Ghost of Razgriz Devils for the cup!

Jagr would be a steal for his value. Player with 2 decades worth of experience. Elias could be smart also. Although as a devils fan id like to see him retire a devil

17. BtKxxCAMPERZ

BtKxxCAMPERZ Rookie

GO FOR PANARIN JOHNNY!!!

18. PolyHymnia

PolyHymnia Rookie

Trade for Jagr, I think Jones + a 3 1/2 red or yellow stars prospect would be a good deal

19. Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane Rookie

Trade Vanek for Jagr and Please get someone like Roussel (Dallas) Reaves (St. Louis) Shaw (Chicago) or Scott (Arizona/Montreal) they don't have that kind of guy. IMO you should get Shaw he has onever year on his Contract and he is a RFA and he is a huge help in the playoffs.

20. Calgaryflames82

Calgaryflames82 Legend LEGEND

Johnny, do you mind, at the end of each episode that has simulation show the stats for all of the players. I know you usually do, but at the end of last episode, we went through the trading block at the end but didnt go through minny's team stats. Just a friendly reminder. Thank you :)