Minnesota GM Mode - Discussion ep. 4

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Johnny Superbman, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

The Jagr Bomber has arrived but has suffered so far. What lines should we have going into the playoffs?

2. Mike Yeo

Mike Yeo Rookie 2

Johnny you have to fire John Torchetti and re-hire me as coach. I am the only one who knows how to get these players to play properly. If hired, these are the lines I would roll:

Parise-Koivu-Jagr
    Coyle-Granlund-Nino
    Zucker-Haula-Vanek
    Carter-Handzus-Fontaine

Granlund and Coyle could switch spots if you want Coyle taking face-offs.

3. Leafs

Leafs Hall of Famer 2 LEGEND

Sure Jagr only had 3 goals after the deadline, but Niederreiter only had 2, and Suter only picked up 4 assists. My point is, don't give up on Jagr because the rest of the team hasn't been great either, so the fault probably isn't with him. Jagr played 19 games and had 3 goals and 8 assists for 11 points, so he hasn't been terrible as you might think. It looks like the team as a whole just had trouble down the stretch. You went 8-9-2 for the last 19 games.

And just for kicks, since you last showed us the stats, these are the leading scorers:
    1. Zach Parise (33 GP) - 13 goals, 16 assists, 29 points
    2. Mikko Koivu (28 GP) - 11 goals, 14 assists, 25 points
    3. Mikael Granlund (32 GP) - 10 goals, 12 assists, 22 points
    4. Charlie Coyle (33 GP) - 11 goals, 8 assists, 19 points
    5. Thomas Vanek (33 GP) - 5 goals, 13 assists, 18 points
    6. Nino Niederreiter (33 GP) - 5 goals, 13 assists, 18 points
    7. Ryan Suter (33 GP) - 5 goals, 13 assists, 18 points
    8. Alex Goligoski (33 GP) - 3 goals, 15 assists, 18 points

4. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Veteran 3

well I think jagr should put on 1st line right wing if it doesn't work on playoffs then put nino on 1st line right wing. good luck, I hope defense should shut down by oilers offense scoring machine.

5. FireTherrien GHG

FireTherrien GHG Rookie

Play Jagr on the 2nd line. Keep him away from the first line of McJesus, Hall, and eberle. They are young and speedy so they will outmatch Jagr. Also the guy needs less ice time, as he's 44 and is getting worn out, therefore the drop in production.

6. playrroftheweek100

playrroftheweek100 Rookie 2

Johnny your team is starting your backup goalie in game one just to let you know hope you see this

7. MrGuy9021

MrGuy9021 Pro

Phew... Jagr went so cheap in the deal. Ehh, guess it makes sense since the simulation didn't do us any favors really.

8. Basement Dweller

Basement Dweller Rookie

9. Bob Mackenzie

Bob Mackenzie Rookie 2

I hope you get swept in the playoffs

-Us Avs fans.

10. STIHLths

STIHLths Rookie

I don't hate that 3rd line. But Yeo you had to go!

11. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

Jagr wasn't a player he's suppose to be. Also the Wild didn't do good either. Instead getting those loses. But the oilers have an 83 overall goalie who is their starter. Have no idea how but its probably their offense. McDavid, Hall,Eberle. So your defense must be elite and against mcdavid and hall. And put jagr on 1st line to put on some scoring with koivu and parise.

12. iLikeTrains

iLikeTrains Rookie

Try Jagr on the second line. If he scores a lot of goals and gets a lot of points, try him in the first line.

13. Letchh

Letchh Rookie

I say put Jagr on the first line in the playoffs, get that vet up there on the first line with Koivu and Parise, then u got a pretty good scoring line up with that playmaker, 2 way forward, sniper combination and Jagr has proven him self in the playoffs as a threat so it could work out for the Minnesota wild to win the Lord Stanley Cup!

GO WILD!!!

14. Joughy

Joughy Pro

Jagr would be good on the second line for the Wild. Keeping him away from Edmonton's first line so he can try to put up some points. Go Minny.

15. Capitals0508

Capitals0508 Rookie 2

16. MountainDewGod

MountainDewGod Rookie 3

leave Jagr on the second line and put Coyle as the 2nd line center with Granlund.

17. King Alfie

King Alfie Veteran

Put Jagr on the 2nd line and Nino on the 1st. Also, put Brodin on the top pairing and have Spurgeon and Gologoski as your 2nd pair. The only way to beat the Oilers is to stop them from scoring. So instead of having
    DFD-OFD
    TWD-OFD
    as your top 4, go
    DFD-TWD
    OFD-OFD
    and with Jagr on the 2nd line, he'll have a better chance of flourishing with Granlund. With the 2 better defensive Dmen on the top pairing against Hall and McJesus, you have a better chance of slowing them down.

18. Stan

Stan Rookie

Can anyone explain those New Jersey Devils killin it in the East?? Not that I'm complaining, love my Devils. It's gotta be ALL Schneider

19. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Johnny, for the playoffs, keep Jagr on the first line unless you go down by a few games and need a line change. His poise category will serve the Wild well in the playoffs. In the series, watch out for Edmonton's stellar offense. I predict that they will be an offensive powerhouse with lots of potential threats. Their obvious weakness is their goaltending but they can make up for that with their half decent defensive core. It will ultimately come down to Dubnyk. He will be the most important player in the series. If he can steal a couple of games for you, then the Wild offense should be able to do their job.