Ok so here's a few tips, potentials don't change in Nhl 17 so every single player has the ability to grow to there potential. For example, Olive Bjorkstrand on Columbus was a 82 oaverall at 22 and had medium top 6 forward potential. After playing in the Ahl with guys who had high Offensive awareness, Oliver had 60 points and was a 85 at 23 for next year, I played Oliver in his role as a second liner and made sure to give him Powerplay time with guys who have high offensive awareness and good passing because Oliver has a great shot. Oliver had 47 points in his rookie year and became a 87 at the age of 24. Now I thought he was done growing, because medium top 6 usually means a solid second liner, but the next year I kept Oliver on the second line, but gave him first line Powerplay time so he would grow more and he had 75 points and now he is a 88 and a first liner and he grew from this process. Now I'm going to go in depth with each potential from medium Ahl top 6 to high franchise because those are the potentials where players could potentially make the Nhl. Medium Ahl top 6/top 2: Now the thing is its more likely a player that a already in the game who's a mid 70s and is 20 - 21 will grow because drafted players who are this potential don't usually grow past 78. So remember this and grow them in there spots and slow increase there ice time and give them the right players. High Ahl top 6/top 2: Now, from Nhl 16 to Nhl 17 is a drat if change as High Ahl players now have a decent chance of making the Nhl in a comfortable bottom 6 role, but they do take a while to adjust to it. Kailler Yamamoto is a good example, he is in the 2017 Nhl draft and is High Ahl top 6 and in my Quebec Gm mode he finally made the Nhl as an 83 overall with morale, but was an actual 81, but he had a 93 offensive awareness so that sets him up for potential points. Now there is a good chance they won't, roughly there is a 30 % chance of making the Nhl at around 23 or 24, but of you grow them properly with guys with good offensive awareness or if they are defenders, good defensive awareness, and they are playing with high overall players, then they are set up to be a bottom 6 role in the Nhl. Low bottom 6/low 7th: Now there arnt a lot of this potential in the game, but by drafting you start to find it more and it means that you have to be patient, but even when thy are developing in the Ahl if they are a 74 then play them third line or top 6 minutes so they learn there role and then if try increase from over achieving from there role then move them up and roughly there is actually a less chance of them making the Nhl around a 25% chance because high and low don't grow very well. Medium bottom 6/medium 7th: Now there is a good chance these guys could Crack because there are a lot of these players and I would say 3-4 out of 10 make the Nhl and if they start playing by the time they are 20 and you don't hold off on giving them a contract and play them bottom minutes in the Ahl to start and play them with other players who are good for there roles, don't play a 78 with a 70 because the 70 won't keep up and will likely make mistake and a 78 won't like playing in the 3rd or 4th line. Play the 70 with a 73 or a 74 so they can both keel up and the 70 starts to grow and once he is a 7 cna play with the 78. There is a 35% chance of this potential to make the Nhl. High Bottom 6/High 7th: Now there arnt a lot of these guys, but these guys could make the Nhl as third liners depending on what there player type is, these guys need to play with other players there role as they develop so then more growth will be earned fo the more important categorys and taht is how they can get up to potentially 84, but usually they cna cap of from 76-82 so use these tatics and there is a 40% chance they could make the Nhl. Low top 9/low top 6: Now very low chance of these guys making the Nhl as low potential barley works for low elites so there is a 80 percent chance that the low top 9 will likely cap off at a 80 and there is a 20% chance of them actually becoming there role so that's why it is LOW potential so expect them to likely become the potential bottom 6 or 7 th of they are low top 9 and there is a 30% chance of this potential making the Nhl. Medium top 9/top 6: Now this is a solid potential as they could grow in to the middle 6 if your lineup as I have seen them grown to 84-85 and have been very effective for there team. So make sure you give these guys more ice time while developing in the Middle 6 so they can learn there role and play them with Established players who cna teach them and help them grow. There is a 45% chance of this potential making the Nhl. High top 9/top 6: Now there arnt a lot of this potential, but like I said, highs cna grow past there limits so this potential could potentially grow your player into a 86 or 87. Connor Carrick in Johnnys Gm mode is a 87 as a high top 6 and he just needs to play his role and since he over achieved so well h grew into a high end top 4 defensemen. There is a 55% chance Of this potential making the Nhl. Low top 6/low top 4: Now low potential is iffy because it usually only works on player who are already an 82 at 21 or 22 and they grow gradually until they are 25 and capo of as there is a solid chance a low top 6 Capps off at 82, but they cna get up to 85-86 if they cna achieve at there level, but likely they become solid bottom 6 player and there is a 50% chance of this potential to make the Nhl. Medium top 6/top 4: Now this potential got pretty better for growing the it was in Nhl 16 because in Nhl 16 they usually didn't even make the Nhl or became a third liner if they did. Now since Potentials don't change in Nhl 17. Top 6 has a great chance of becoming there role as a high end third liner or solid second liner and If grown really good and if they are over achieving on the second line could even be coming low end 1st liners, They usually cap at from 82-87 so it's a solid potential. 65 % chance of making the Nhl. High top 6/ top 4: Now High top 6 is one of the best underated potential in this game as sometime teams have this potential with low trade value and you ca get a solid second liner as high men's there's a good chance taht the player will over achieve his role and play solid. Usually high top 6 players call off from 84-88 and they can be great core players to help build around your star player son your team. There is a 75% chance of this player making the Nhl Low elite: Now low elites have extremely low trade value in this game, for example nick Ritchie is a low elite and even though he usually becomes a solid third liner you cna have players grow with it, but this potential usually results in played dissapointing you and I'll give you two examples of good and bad players. Pierre luc dobois was a shit player for me because he didn't grow past 8p and that's because sine he was a q year old prospect most of them don't grow unless you are able to gwt them to, but Pierre didn't grow because he had a very low offensive awareness and under achieved and coudnt become better then a 4th liner for me, but since Ryan Murray was already a 86 he actually didn't get a big jump until he was 24 he grew from 86 to 89 and then capped off at 90. So my advice is to find a 85 young player like 22 23 and grow him in his role with solid players around him and he will likely grow. There is a 80% chance of this potential making the Nhl. Medium elite: Now it's hard to screw up with this potential, but all you ahve to do is give them high ice time as they develop and play then with great players of whatever post o ti on they are and they will pick let grow from 86-93 and you cna get a stud player, but don't be to patient with these players because it's important you play them early so they gain more expierence because there is a higher chance of them growing. There is a 90% chance of this potential to make the Nhl. High Elite: Now just like medium elite, make sure yiu pay them top line monutes once they are 75 in the Ahl so thy cna gwt taht next stage in there player progression because every singe player grows to the 70s, but once you hit taht then you have to grow each player a specific way for them to grow better and High elites usually cap of from 87-95 so now you cna get a franchise player like Auston Matthews. There is 90% chance of this player to make the Nhl. Low Franchise: Now there is a low chance of these players growing, but I find they usually always grow in to decent first liners, They just don't always grow into studs, but very solid player to grab, but it is very rare you will find one in Nhl 17 like you could in Nhl 16 so hope you are lucky in the draft. They usually cap off from 86-92 so they actually arnt as good as high elite, but instead of looking for a medium elite, you should look for low franchise players to trade for as they have much lower trade value and they can become the same player. There Is a 85% chance of this player ti make the Nhl. Medium Franchise: Now you a re relaly luck if you aquire this player and make sure yiu grow this type of player with the best of the best players to play with them so they need high offensive awareness and good hand eye and speed because then the Franchise player will start to focus on growing in this categorys. These players usually cap off from 89-96. There is a 98% chance of these players to make the Nhl. High Franchise: Now this is complete luck, if you get this player then you ahve a complete Connor McDavid type player who will grow from 90-99. Now it dosn't really matter how you grow them, just pay them in there roles and make sure your Tema dosnt suck and the player cna gain as much expierence in the playoffs as he can and he can become a solid player. Now use these tips from me and hopefully they work for you.