NHL 17 ~ Player Progression System

Discussion in 'GM Mode/Live The Life' started by Dylan Thibodeau, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Dylan Thibodeau

Dylan Thibodeau Rookie 3

Overview Message #1

This is going to be a great thread to follow throughout the course of NHL 17. Franchise Mode is a very popular game mode within NHL 17. This thread will help you find the best players to draft and to trade for. I will start off by doing a forward, defenseman, and a goaltender. After these three (3) players have been completed, I will be taking suggestions for any other players you, as the audience would like to see. Fire away with the suggestions! Hope everyone enjoys the thread throughout the course of this NHL 17 season!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Dylan Thibodeau

Dylan Thibodeau Rookie 3

Franchise Mode Guidelines #1

Forwards

~Franchise (92 - 99)
    ~Elite (88 - 92)
    ~Top 6 (85 - 88)
    ~Top 9 (82 - 85)
    ~Bottom 6 (78 - 82)
    ~AHL Top 6 (76 - 78)
    ~AHL Bottom 6 (70 - 76)
    ~AHL 4th Line (66 - 70)
    ~AHL Extra (62 - 66)

Defenseman
    ~Franchise (92 - 99)
    ~Elite (88 - 92)
    ~Top 4 (85 - 88)
    ~Top 6 (82 - 85)
    ~7th (78 - 82)
    ~AHL Top 2 (76 - 78)
    ~AHL Top 4 (70 - 76)
    ~AHL Top 6 (66 - 70)
    ~AHL 7th (62 - 66)

Goalies
    ~Franchise (92 - 99)
    ~Elite (88 - 92)
    ~Starter (85 - 88)
    ~Fringe Starter (82 - 85)
    ~Backup (78 - 82)
    ~AHL Starter (76 - 78)
    ~AHL Fringe (70 - 76)
    ~AHL Backup (66 - 70)
    ~AHL Extra (62 - 66)

~These are just the "expected guidelines" for different players potential within the game. Players may get higher or lower than these guidelines based on the age of the player, the line mates the player is playing along side, the state of the team, etc.
    ~NO factors will bother the player in my experiments expect for the age, simply because the age of the player is set within the game. They will be playing on the best team and with the best line mates. They will also have many opportunities for ice time.
    ~Sometimes potentials change when you open Franchise Mode. I will be opening Franchise Mode five (5) times to find the most common potential. If for example I open the Franchise Mode and Steven Stamkos' is a, "High" Franchise Potential one time (1) and a "Medium Franchise Potential four times (4), I would go with the Medium Franchise Steven Stamkos' for the experiments. The same rule applies for the specific role of the player. If Steven Stamkos' is a Franchise projection role three times (3), but a Elite projection role two times (2), then I would go with the Franchise projection role for Steven Stamkos. Combining the projection role and the potential role of the player gives me the overall Potential of the specific player I am using. In this case a Medium Franchise Potential Steven Stamkos.
    ~The only teams I will be using in this GM mode are, the Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Tampa Bay Lightning, Chicago Blackhawks, and Nashville Predators. This is simply because they have the best starting lines for me to work with when proforming the tests on these players. If the player I want to do experiments on is on another team besides these teams I will just trade draft picks and/or prospects for them. This will not mess with any roster players that can help the players progress.
    ~I will also be paring the player with other players that fit the playing style of the players. If a have a "sniper" for example is the player I want to do experiments on, probably a "playmaker" and a "two - way forward" would be a good combination for the snipers playing style. If the player is fast, possibly you also player him with fast players that can keep up with the player that I am progressing.

3. Dylan Thibodeau

Dylan Thibodeau Rookie 3

Overview Message #2

The three (3) players that I will be progressing first will be playing with the Nashville Predators. These three (3) players have been traded for using draft picks. No valuable assets have been lost from the core group of this team. The three (3) players I have picked are,
    ~Centre from the Toronto Maple Leafs, Mitchell Marner
    ~Defenseman from the Boston Bruins, Jakub Zboril
    ~Goaltender from the Montreal Canadiens, Zach Fucale

4. Chucky x 27

Chucky x 27 Superstar 2

What are their potentials?

5. Dylan Thibodeau

Dylan Thibodeau Rookie 3

~Zach Fucale is Medium (Gold) Starter
    ~Jakub Zboril is Medium (Gold) Top 4 D
    ~Mitchell Marner is Low (Red) Elite

6. Dylan Thibodeau

Dylan Thibodeau Rookie 3

Zach Fucale #1

Year #1

Preview

Goalie (G) ~ Montreal Canadiens ~ 6'0" ~ 166 lbs. ~ Gloves Left ~ Hybrid ~ 2nd Round (36th overall) in 2013 ~ Canada

Starting
    Potential - Medium (Gold) Starter ~ Age - 21 years old ~ 74 overall ~ Role - Minor Backup Goalie ~ Contract - $0.715M (2 years)
    ~Currently playing Backup Goalie for Nashville Predators minor team the Milwaukee Admirals. Fucale's goalie partner is Ben Scrivens (78 overall)
    ~Team Statistics - OFF - 79, DEF - 79, GOA - 73
    Trade Deadline
    Potential - Medium (Gold) Starter ~ Age - 21 years old ~ 75 overall (+1) ~ Role - Minor Backup Goalie ~ Contract - $0.715M (2 years)
    ~Zach Fucale is still playing the Backup Goalie position for the Milwaukee Admirals. His goalie partner is still Ben Scrivens (81 overall)
    ~Team Statistics - OFF - 81, DEF - 80, GOA - 74
    End of Regular Season
    Potential - Medium (Gold) Starter ~ Age - 21 years old ~ 75 overall ~ Role - Minor Backup Goalie ~ Contract - $0.715M (2 years)
    ~Zach Fucale is still playing the Backup Goalie position and remained playing it throughout the entire AHL regular season. His goalie partner is still Ben Scrivens (82 overall)
    ~Team Statistics - OFF - 81, DEF - 80, GOA - 78
    At Draft
    Potential - Medium (Gold) Starter ~ Age - 22 years old ~ 78 overall (+3) ~ Role - Minor Starting Goalie ~ Contract - $0.715M (2 years)
    ~Zach Fucale also remained playing the Backup Goalie position throughout the AHL playoffs. His goalie partner throughout the playoffs was Ben Scrivens (77 overall)
    ~Team Statistics - OFF - 80, DEF - 78, GOA - 79

Statistics

Regular Season

~Zach Fucale played the Backup Goalie position throughout the entire year with the Milwaukee Admirals in the AHL
    Games Played - 22 ~ Goals Against Average - 2.66 ~ Wins - 14 ~ Losses - 5 ~ Shootout Losses - 2 ~ Goals Against - 58 ~ Save Percentage - .901 ~ Shots Against - 588 ~ Shutouts - 1 ~ Minutes - 1,307 ~ Penalty Minutes - 0 ~ Goals - 0 ~ Assists - 0 ~ Points - 0
    Playoffs
    ~Zach Fucale remained playing as the Backup Goalie in the AHL for the Milwaukee Admirals
    ~Round 1 was vs. the Grand Rapid Griffins (Detroit Red Wings) - WON SERIES 3 games to 2 games
    ~Round 2 was vs. the Manitoba Moose (Winnipeg Jets) - LOST SERIES 0 games to 4 games
    Games Played - 2 ~ Goals Against Average - 1.97 ~ Wins - 0 ~ Losses - 0 ~ Shootout Losses - 0 ~ Goals Against - 2 ~ Save Percentage - .895 ~ Shots Against - 19 ~ Shutouts - 0 ~ Minutes - 60 ~ Penalty Minutes - 0 ~ Goals - 0 ~ Assists - 0 ~ Points - 0

Trophies
    ~No team or player trophies have been won by Zach Fucale in the AHL this year with the Milwaukee Admirals

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  7. Dylan Thibodeau

Dylan Thibodeau Rookie 3

Mitchell Marner #1

Year #1

Preview

Centre (C) ~ Toronto Maple Leafs ~ 5' 11" ~ 163 lbs. ~ Shoots Right ~ Playmaker ~ 1st Round (4th overall) in 2015 ~ Canada

Starting
    Potential - Low (Red) Elite ~ Age - 19 years old ~ 74 overall ~ Role - Other FWD ~ Contract - $0.925M (3 years)
    ~Mitchell Marner will be starting the year playing in the CHL
    ~Team Statistics - OFF - unavailable, DEF - unavailable, GOA - unavailable
    Trade Deadline
    Potential - Low (Red) Elite ~ Age - 19 years old ~ 76 overall (+2) ~ Role - Minor SCR FWD ~ Contract - $0.925M (3 years)
    ~Mitchell Marner is still going to continue with playing in the CHL
    End of Regular Season
    Potential - Low (Red) Elite ~ Age - 19 years old ~ 76 overall ~ Role - Minor SCR FWD ~ Contract - $0.925M (3 years)
    ~Mitchell Marner continued to playing in the CHL for the entire regular season
    At Draft
    Potential - Low (Red) Elite ~ Age - 20 years old ~ 76 overall ~ Role - Minor SCR FWD ~ Contract - $0.925M (3 years)
    ~Mitchell Marner played the entire regular season and the playoffs in the CHL

Statistics

Regular Season

~Mitchell Marner played in the CHL for the entire regular season
    Any individual statistics are now unavailable because Marner is playing in the CHL. I am unable to track CHL statistics

Playoffs
    ~Mitchell Marner played the playoffs in the CHL
    Any individual statistics are now unavailable because Marner was playing in the CHL. I am unable to track CHL statistics

Trophies
    ~All trophies are now unavailable because Marner is playing in the CHL. I am unable to view CHL trophies

8. Dylan Thibodeau

Dylan Thibodeau Rookie 3

Jakub Zboril #1

Year #1

Preview

Defenseman (D) ~ Boston Bruins ~ 6' 2" ~ 185 lbs. ~ Shoots Left ~ 2 - Way Defender ~ 1st Round (13th overall) in 2015 ~ Czech Republic

Starting
    Potential - Medium (Gold) Top 4 D ~ Age - 19 years old ~ 64 overall ~ Role - Other DEF ~ Contract - $0.925M (3 years)
    ~Jakub Zboril will be staring off the year in the CHL
    Trade Deadline
    Potential - Medium (Gold) Top 4 D ~ Age - 20 years old ~ 68 overall (+4) ~ Role - Other DEF ~ Contract - $0.925M (3 years)
    ~Jakub Zboril is still playing in the CHL at this point in the season
    End of Regular Season
    Potential - Medium (Gold) Top 4 D ~ Age - 20 years old ~ 69 overall (+1) ~ Role - Other DEF ~ Contract - $0.925M (3 years)
    ~Jakub Zboril finished off the entire regular season in the CHL
    At Draft
    Potential - Medium (Gold) Top 4 D ~ Age - 20 years old ~ 72 overall (+3) ~ Role - Minor Depth DEF ~ Contract ~ $0.925M (3 years)
    ~Zboril played the entire regular season and the playoffs in the CHL

Statistics

Regular Season

~Jakub Zboril played in the CHL for the entire regular season
    ~Any individual statistics are now unavailable because Zboril was playing in the CHL. I am unable to track CHL statistics

Playoffs
    ~Jakub Zboril played the playoffs in the CHL
    ~Any individual statistics are now unavailable because Zboril was playing in the CHL. I am unable to track CHL statistics

Trophies
    ~All trophies are now unavailable because Zboril is playing in the CHL. I am unable to view CHL trophies

9. Sans

Sans Legend 3

This is what I go with for potentials, they changed it. I'll go up to top 9 low

Franchise
    High = 95+
    Medium = 92-95
    Low = 90-94

Elite
    High = 91-95
    Medium = 88-93
    Low = 83-88

Top 6
    High = 88-94 (not joking. Made a couple players for experimenting)
    Medium = 83-87
    Low = 82-87

Top 9
    High = 86-89
    Medium = 82-86
    Low = 80-84

High players are super rare because they're so good in this game. This is all taken directly from results from my 5, 25 year sims. (I would just have it randomly simming in the background, not being active but I'd always check progressions).

10. Dylan Thibodeau

Dylan Thibodeau Rookie 3

Some of those could be correct like the High Top 6 FWD, considering the fact that I've never used one in Franchise Mode yet. If you give the players opportunities on the ice I believe that Elites and Top 6 FWD's can get above 82-83, but I guess it's all depends on who the actual player is.

11. ottawa senator

ottawa senator Veteran

I had Pierre-Luc Dubois (low elite) from his current age to when he turned 27 in my columbus franchise mode, and he never went above 81, and i played him in his designated role every year

12. Dylan Thibodeau

Dylan Thibodeau Rookie 3

Wow, what's very surprising. Maybe I will do Pierre-Luc Dubois after I'm done Mitchell Marner

13. Charles Jr.

Charles Jr. Legend 3

You need to give a lot of time to low elites for them to be good.

They will grow probably, but low elite draftees usually make the NHL 3 or 4 years after being drafted, but they can be good. Just be patient.

14. Dylan Thibodeau

Dylan Thibodeau Rookie 3

Mitchell Marner (Low Elite)
    ~Year 1 (Outside the game) - CHL
    ~Year 1 (Actual) - CHL
    ~Year 2 (Actual) - NHL (when I post his year 2 overview you will see how much he grows)

I 100% agree with you that if you just be patient with the player he will grow. Just because he has that "low" tag on his name doesn't mean he won't be good. He's still an elite forward. I think people just het scared when they see the "low" tag associated with a player

15. Sans

Sans Legend 3

82 was the min not the max.

16. ezione

ezione Hall of Famer

17. Charles Jr.

Charles Jr. Legend 3

What about defensemen

18. Dylan Thibodeau

Dylan Thibodeau Rookie 3

I believe they follow the same circumstances

19. Sans

Sans Legend 3

it's identical

top 6 = top 4
    top 9 = top 6

20. Charles Jr.

Charles Jr. Legend 3

Should have known. I just drafted a guy named Derek Cook with the third overall pick and he's high top 4.

I was wondering if that was good. Thanks :)