NHL 17 ~ Player Progression System

Discussion in 'GM Mode/Live The Life' started by Dylan Thibodeau, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Scott51

Scott51 Rookie

So confused with this round of GM mode progression have 3 low elites on my team 2 D and a LW. All were young and had time to grow each I checked every month and put the where they we supposed to be playing i.e. (Minor top 2 or top 6 ....) one D turned out to be a 94 so far with 2 years left to grow the other D man is 84 with 2 years left still hopefull and the LW is 79 minor scr fwd never been above that and is 26 any help with the progression curves

2. PJansen42

PJansen42 Rookie

Hey I was wondering if anyone else is having he problem that, unlike the last two years of be a gm (nhl 15 &16), were players u drafted would progress to be elite or franchise sometimes but don't in nhl 17. Is it the same for everyone, in 17 as what they are drafted at stays? Is anyone else finding this?

3. Charles Jr.

Charles Jr. Legend 3

high (green) potential players are awesome. They grow so fast in not much time

Nikita Tryamkin 22 years old High Top 6 D potential
    77 overall, AHL top 2

Beginning of year 2, 23 years old, 84 overall

He stopped growing due to injuries but if he would've been healthy, damn.

4. Saud

Saud Veteran 3

Nice in-depth thread.

5. Hatrik laine

Hatrik laine Rookie

Hello i was wondering, if you manualy control a player, and get very sexy stats, would the players overall imporove more then the potential says? Could you say get a low elite player into the high 80's?

6. Lahave

Lahave Rookie

Good question about whether a player's controlled high stats can affect his overall. Wondering myself.

I have a few questions: can you get newly drafted players onto your ahl team right away? Do they have to be a minimum age for afilliate teams? Ie 18. I can't seem to get an 18yr old sent down to the ahl, they keep getting sent to the minors instead.

How do you get created players to show up in the USA or Russia for scouting?

7. SharlonD

SharlonD Rookie

Any player that played in the CHL (drafted out of Canada) 19 or younger to start the season can only play in the NHL or CHL. Once they're 20 they will be eligible to play in the ahl. Players drafted out of anywhere other than Canada can play in the ahl at any age. Remember it's not what country they're from but rather which country they played hockey in.

USA, Rest of world and Russia are the only three scouting zones you cannot add created players to because they do not have a league in the game.

8. Roberverskie

Roberverskie Rookie

Goalies??