NHl 17 Powerplay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheHockeyBear, Jan 1, 2017.

1. TheHockeyBear

TheHockeyBear Rookie 3

I have no idea if I just suck or the power play just ******* sucks.

Its like the AI doesn't know a proper formation (Formation being with being open for one timers), the opponent can cycle in for days like hes on the power play on my zone, and even sometimes the AI can't catch simply passes. I find the only thing I can really do is just pass it back to the point and shoot it quickly, because his AI is just ******* charging at all my players so I can't make a pass. HUT is so frustrating.

2. dillonsup

dillonsup Rookie 3

When you can't pass, You shoot. - Dillonsup 2017

3. TheHockeyBear

TheHockeyBear Rookie 3

Yeah but then when I shoot its going to get blocked or its just going to miss the net.

4. NoSleeves12

NoSleeves12 Rookie 2

Use the overload strat and if you do it correctly youll shred on the powerplay as there is so much more open space. also "When you can't pass, You shoot. - Dillonsup 2017" lmfao

5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Superstar 3

I have the same problem. Only difference is when I finally am able to get a great chance (good tip, tight wrister, one timer) the goalie always saves it. No joke one game I was playing versus, and I was the Bruins and the other guy picked the Stars. I had 39 shots, no goals, he had 6 shots 2 goals. The first goal was a shot from the boards and the second goal all he did was walk in take a wrister at Rask's chest and it popped up and went in! Ice Tilt is real my man! Maybe i play too realistic of hockey (i never deke and or rarely cross crease). My gamestyle however destroys in EASHL

6. TheHockeyBear

TheHockeyBear Rookie 3

Wow EA got the Bruins offense right. Ton of shots but no goals.
    Hahaha, but things actually seem to start picking up though for Offense.

And yeah realistic hockey in this game is hard to replicate. Wingers barely stay on the wing, if I want to chip the puck out of my own zone the guy will launch it about 50 feet and take a delay of game, EN attempt and full fore check is pathetic, and all I can really do if ice tilt isn't on my side is just try to full speed it into the zone and throw everything at the net.

Also do you have PSN or XboxLive?
    I want to play someone who doesn't play like a cheesier and actually knows real hockey.

7. Clint Eastwood

I have Live but my mic doesn't work. Im not the greatest at the game, but I find it fun if things go my way!

8. TheHockeyBear

TheHockeyBear Rookie 3

I dont have a mic either, and the game is really fun if your dominating or really rage-inducing controller slamming type of game.

9. Clint Eastwood

It kind of gets pathetic when you dominate a guy and he ends up winning because he has a stud goalie making doorstep tip saves which are pratically impossible in real life. Even the few times where I actually get dominated in zone time and possession, I somehow end up winning because . . . . . . . of ice tilt! there are so many things they can add to this game such as if you pass it up to a winger, instead of them picking it up, they can put their stick out and deflect it and chase that like every damn team does (I hope you get what I mean). Or as you were saying, make it easier (or button combo) where we can just bank it off the glass and out without getting a delay of game penalty. Make slap passes better, instead of doing the current slap pass where the reciever does some deflection that would take a miracle to even hit the net. Make it so if we are on a rush, and we pass it to someone hard enough we are able to deflect it and even aim the deflection. (When you are one a 3 on 2 and sometimes u pass it hard to the guy charging the net and instead of him controlling and shooting it he puts his stick out to deflect it). I could go on and on