COL Nikita Zadorov sent down to SA Rampage

Discussion in 'National Hockey League' started by Ride The Lightning, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Legend

When I first heard about this I was upset, however now i am kind of okay with this. Now, a lot of people I know are saying "Oh he has an attitude, he won't pan out in the NHL and doesn't get along with management." I have no idea if that is true because I am not in the locker room for the avs. I know he didn't work out in Buffalo but again i'm not a Sabres fan so i don't know exactly why. Many people said this happened to let him know to wake up. I'm not sure. I feel personally like he's been decent for us. He may not be elite right now (he's only 20) but give him time. I've seen him play great for us and seen him make some mistakes. I think the main reason that we sent him down is looking how both teams are doing. The avs are 4-9-1 and last in the west. SA are tied for 1st in the pacific with 6-0-4. They have Mikko Rantanen, Calvin Pickard, Duncan Siemens, Joey Hishon, Mason Geertsen and Chris Bigras ALL down there. Maybe giving Zadorov top line minutes on a winning team will boost his confidence and make him a better overall player. Remember avs fans this guy is young and is our top stud dman of the future, we need to help his development in every way we can. He's not in his prime and he's not elite. But he has that potential.

Note** In his first game with SA he scored a beauty goal.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  2. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

This was surprising when i heard this until i read the bottom where he scored in his first game in ahl, not getting along with the avalanches eh? reminds me of zod ;)

3. Kirk22

Kirk22 Superstar 2

Being such a young guy this certainly doesn't mean anything regarding his future yet. He has plenty of time to figure it out. Still though, a very disappointing season for the Avalanche to be losing all these games and not have a big contributor on the roster in return for Ryan O'Reilly.

4. Vinny

Vinny Coach LEGEND

Yeah too many people are upset. I don't mind actually, this doesn't hurt at all. I've loved what I've seen physically and defensively from Zadorov, but I think his defense needs minor touching. Hopefully he has great success in his interim time in SA. Is he our future stud defensemen? Yes, definitely

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.