OTTAWA GM MODE Discussion Ep. 11

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, May 11, 2015.

What should GM Superbman do?

1. Playoffs - Keep Team together, Fight through injuries, Make line changes

64 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Playoffs - Shake n Bake the roster, Trade for 1st line LW

284 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Rebuild - Keep Team until deadline then unload for picks and prospects

51 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Rebuild - DUMP NOW and go for top 5 pick

27 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

Rough season so far boys. Everything is going wrong but I still have HOPE.... I don't want to make a bad decision due to pressure. We need to make the best decisions possible so what should we do???

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  2. Jakob Gomez

Jakob Gomez Rookie

I think that you should move some players around and that you should also look for prospect goaltenders

• Disagree x 10
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    • List
  3. MapleHawk

MapleHawk Legend 3 PICK'EM CHAMP LEGEND

Team was just not strong enough. Probably not the right fit for a continuous playoff run. You should probably trade for a 1st line LW or tank for top 5 pick. I think you could use another big time player so you get more and better talent on your team. It depends, save your season and get a LW or tank for a big time pick.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. midnightpeea

midnightpeea Rookie

Johnny, go for someone like Milan Lucic, a great forward with decent offensive categories, and can kill penalties for you, and he might get better, having 1 year to grow with 4.5 gold stars. (Started at 88 overall.)

• Disagree x 10
    • Like x 5
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Hymen Buster

Hymen Buster Rookie

The SNP-PLY-SNP formation has worked in the past for you, it will be a wise decision to trade for a cheap young LW sniper such as Jeff Skinner. You can make a trade like this realistic since Carolina is looking for picks and young players rather than one good young player.

• Agree Agree x 23
    • Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Is this unique

Is this unique Rookie

I feel you should go out and trade for a first line left wing such as a Jeff skinner. He will help your offense by himself and help out Ryan and turris as well

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 4
    • Old x 4
    • Dislike x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • List
  7. avrp86

avrp86 Rookie

In the upcoming draft you should try to draft a high level goalie for the future. I am not saying trade away any star players, but maybe try to move up by trading your first and a second. The injuries the team is sustaining make it to difficult to determine any major moves. I would also look at trading Hoffman for a 1st/2nd line sniper, and move MacArthur down to the 2nd line.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. natopowergaming

natopowergaming Rookie

I think it's definitely appropriate to say that as a GM, you gotta make a move here for a top line forward. Even a player like Emerson Etem. I can give you a 80% guarantee that he won't be your #1 winger, but he always seems to play well on a wing and is still young. I'm not trying to suggest a deal here for him specifically, but perhaps a trade for a young (yet talented) winger for the future who can play now would be wise.

• Disagree x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Dumb x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Old x 1
    • List
  9. ConnorM

ConnorM Rookie

fuck Chiasson you need to put in Neil get some energy and veteran presence out there, and call up Pageau maybe the Playmaker role gives you some more offense. Your Defense will shut it down for you with all the DFD you have. Don't make any trade wait and see what happens trade MacArthur at the Draft. Reason being is that Puempel kid looks like he might good. If you make a trade for a LW sniper you taking away his spot for the future.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  10. Predators

Predators Veteran

JOHNNY YOU NEED TO TRADE MACARTHUR!
    Everybody wants him gone, and he is not getting any younger!
    Rebuilding:
    MacArthur and Pageau + 3rd could get you a pick (hopefully Florida's, they are last place)
    If you are rebuilding, play Dadonov on the 4th line because he will grow more, and the goal is to have a bad team. It would be smart to check out McDavid, Eichel, Barzal, Strome, and others so that you can see if it would be reasonable to trade for them.

• Disagree Disagree x 15
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. schnipy

schnipy Rookie

johnny, I don't think its time to panic and dump all of your players, but as your advisors I do believe you should listen to us on the high end leftwinger. you have to chose between Hammond and lehner. might aswell trade one of them and maccarthur/other players for a high end player. THERE IS NO NEED TO RUSH. Ottawa fans will understand if we don't make the playoffs this year. look for a possible good trade for a lw otherwise wait for now. but that trade for a lw has to come sooner rather than later.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  12. PatrickTheHatrick

PatrickTheHatrick Rookie 2

Come on Johnny don't set the bar at just above 500! Go out there get a 1st line left winger for Hammond and MacArthur it must be done!:bang

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  13. Bergeron37

Bergeron37 Rookie 3

Johnny I would go for a LW like everyone is saying but pickup a defender like boychuck and get rid of Phillips

• Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  14. Mackyboy77

Mackyboy77 Rookie

Johnny I see that you want to keep your team intact but you need to make a change I suggest a 1st line forward such as JVR Or Brad Marchand they can get pucks to the net and still protect Turris and. Ryan hope you see this comment and keep,up the good work

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Isaac Wihak

Isaac Wihak Rookie

You're team has been doing great since that sucky start I say leave it the way it is, you don't even need to make line changes because everyone including macarthur has been doing fine. If you start to lose again then I think ditch the playoffs this year, rebuild and come back next year even better.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  16. TuukkaRaskfan40

TuukkaRaskfan40 Commissioner

Has Yury Kapitanov been drafted yet? #LethalLatvian

Last edited: May 13, 2015
    • Creative Creative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. Seagull Scores

Seagull Scores Rookie

try to get a p.k type of player as defence and also get a LW that is 2.5 million or under so you can free up cap space to send over some draft picks 3rd round or 2nd round because you usually after 2-5 years your a playoff team going deep.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Freddythegoat

Freddythegoat Rookie

Johnny, something you can do with your team is get a top six winger who can get your second line to produce well. Now I'm not saying to get Crosby or anyone of that level of talent, but try to get an 88 overall player. This way Ryan, Stone, and Turris can be the first line and then you would have someone like Hall or Skinner. This way you could have a 2 first line type of team, kind of like Chicago does. They could also give you a backup plan in the event of Bobby Ryan getting injured since you were hit with the injury bug. Just my thoughts, anyone disagree?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  19. duranman82

duranman82 Rookie

You need to move Macarthur while he still has some trade value. If you really want to save this season make a trade for that 1st line LW SNP. Give Lehner the solid no. 1 spot in Ottawa and trade Hammond to make the trade go through.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  20. Kbelica28

Kbelica28 Rookie

Johnny you need to just bunker down hold off against injuries if any trades need to be made at the deadline it should be for depth and nothing more. If you believe in your team just make line changes when you have to and let new players emerge. Maybe one of them will rise up to be a leader and drive you towards the playoffs. And if any trades end up being made whatever you do don't trade your top 4 defense, top 6 on offense, and lastly hold on to your 1st and 2nd for this upcoming draft. Good luck Johnny and I'm behind this Ottawa team. Injuries towards their fellow teammates will just drive them to fight for the playoffs. #letsgosens

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List