OTTAWA GM MODE Discussion Ep. 11

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, May 11, 2015.

What should GM Superbman do?

1. Playoffs - Keep Team together, Fight through injuries, Make line changes

64 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Playoffs - Shake n Bake the roster, Trade for 1st line LW

284 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Rebuild - Keep Team until deadline then unload for picks and prospects

51 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Rebuild - DUMP NOW and go for top 5 pick

27 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Teuvo Teravainen

Teuvo Teravainen Superstar 2

Johnny, LISTEN TO YOUR FANS we've asked you to trade MacArthur instead you put him 1st line. I know you don't like doing this but trade your 1st rounder and McArthur for a solid 88+ left wing. Don't trade a goalie because you need a backup goalie plus you traded Dreidger so you don't have him for a future backup goalie, good fits would be Parise, Steen, pacioretty, E. Staal, and :nyr Nash
    Go Sens! :ott:2bc2

2. Landesklog

Landesklog Rookie

johnny if you can swing it, go for jamie benn. itd be hard to get, and honestly a bit unrealistic i dont think the stars will ever split with him irl, but he is a BEAST

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. x--synister--x

x--synister--x Rookie 2

When you are lacking in depth, every player you bring in should be a long term solution

4. TheBigBadBruins

TheBigBadBruins Rookie 2 LEGEND

Yeah you really need a first line left wing, he doesn't even have to be a first line, he could be like 86 at 4.5 gold or something

5. Jacob49

Jacob49 Rookie

Johhny, I say that you either go for a good stud left winger that gave give you some goal scoring such as Parise or Jonathon Huberdeau he can put the puck in the net. Also there both not old meaning they can stay with you for a while they wont just be rental players. Do that or you can start a full out rebuild where you can make a young fast speedy goal scoring/ Defense hockey squad.
    Please see johhny

6. Jacob49

Jacob49 Rookie

Look at it this way johhny you've lost 50% of the games this season. You're team is not performing and if you make the playoffs you wont be going far. If you lose lots this season chances are you lose lots in the playoffs. Unless you make a block buster move then this season is done and you have to make many changes to your squad during the off season. And I don't think that you want to make a rebuild so you better make a move for a good left winger.

7. NikotheSensFan

NikotheSensFan Superstar

I think that the only trade you should make would be for a veteran (33+) scoring forward who can help but isn't to much trade value. If that veteran has better offensive categories then MacArthur, then you could trade MacArthur for the veteran and maybe get a pick or prospect too

8. Brettzky23

Brettzky23 Rookie

A lot of people have been mentioning trading MacArthur for Skinner (with other pieces involved, OTT 1st rounder). Personally I don't think this trade makes sense. Carolina (assuming Skinner still plays there) is fighting for a wild card spot just like Ottawa (CAR = 48 points, OTT = 45 points). With this trade CAR will be downgrading and giving themselves a worse chance at getting in the playoffs.

I agree with everyone when they say that the team needs to upgrade their 1st line LW. Trade MacArthur and a 1st or 2nd (or a 3rd) to a team who is not in the playoff picture and is looking for experience and picks. Look at a LW sniper who is around 26 with a few years left on contract - if possible. If you can make that happen you get a player that is going to play a major role in the franchise for the next few seasons. Im thinking of a Gustav Nyquist. This makes sense because Detroit will be building around Tatar, they get a draft pick and a player (with experience) to fill the void left by Nyquist leaving. In return, Ottawa gets a 1st line LW Sniper. If you can get Gustav for MacArthur and a 2nd or 3rd then this trade is perfect! If not, you can trade MacArthur and a 1st for Nyquist and a pick (2nd or 3rd or 4th).

If you need cap space, trade Greening for a draft pick(s).

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  9. MajesticHockE

MajesticHockE Rookie

Hey, I Think That You Should Should Trade MacArthur And Someone Else (Your Choise Maybe A Draft Pick Or Something) For Someone Like
    Pacioretty He Can Score And Pass. He Is Stil Young And I Think That He Would Really Help Out Around Here In Ottawa

10. DanyHeatleyAllStar

DanyHeatleyAllStar Rookie 3

You gotta trade Macarthur and acquire a better top LW. This is the only problem with the team. You could package someone you dont need like Smith and give AHL guys like Pageau or Puempel a chance at the big time or add some grit with Neil. Skinner, Landeskog (he is the odd man out, dont think you can but its still possible) and maybe Nyquist or Tatar (also tough but a possibility) could be great trades. Add a 5th-6th pick with Macarthur and Smith and you can easily get them. Trust me, im an allstar.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List