OTTAWA GM MODE Discussion Ep. 11

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, May 11, 2015.

What should GM Superbman do?

1. Playoffs - Keep Team together, Fight through injuries, Make line changes

64 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Playoffs - Shake n Bake the roster, Trade for 1st line LW

284 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Rebuild - Keep Team until deadline then unload for picks and prospects

51 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Rebuild - DUMP NOW and go for top 5 pick

27 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Tyler Johnson

Tyler Johnson Rookie

Johnny, you gotta pick me up from Tampa. In this trade you should trade Winnik He is a -7 player and is not helping the team. Im another depth player and im a good player for the future. And i will definitely help with scoring while your on the playoff push. It will also weaken a good team this year, the lightning.

2. loac

loac Rookie

Johhny I believe you should trade for JVR from Toronto he's perfect with decent amount of trade value and can help the team to reach the playoffs

3. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

He was a legit third liner less than a year ago, afterall!

4. Deuce

Deuce Rookie

Karlsson first line left wing. Mcarthur for decent offensive minded defenseman for top2/4 right d, Ceci top2/4 right d, he is tearing it up leading your team in assists and +-. Karlsson can play point with Ceci on PP1 and d PK2 and 4on4.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Redhawk1996

Redhawk1996 Rookie

The team you have doesnt have enough offensive powers right now, your best pointplayer has 31 points in 44. Turris and Ryan are having troubles producing with that shitty left wing you have on the 1st line! trade for a better 1st line player but dont trade any picks since they will come in handy for the future. Some examples: Datsyuk, Ladd, pominville and gaborik

6. PariseTheLord

PariseTheLord Rookie

Don't be afraid to make a trade. Hammond and MacArthur, maybe a 3rd for a bonafide top line LW. Hammond will never be a #1, MacA will never be top line and it is highly doubtful the 3rd will turn in to a first line player. Go get a goal scorer, Jeff Skinner is a good option imo

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. Brad Schultz

Brad Schultz Rookie

You probably don't want to do this, However I suggest you look at Mark Scheifele on Winnipeg (I'm not just being bias he gets good). I'm pretty sure he's 88 ovr at the moment. But he gets to 90+ overall.

If Turris is doing poorly I suggest even looking at him. he will be hard to trade for but most likely worth it.
    if Turris is doing well and Zibanejad is not he would do fine.
    either one and a couple picks or prospects should do the job. :win

8. hockeyfanzodd

hockeyfanzodd Rookie

I'd agree its not time to rebuild until your a top 15 draft pick team and rebuild in the off season

9. SenSRulE

SenSRulE Rookie

Johnny I said this in episode 3 and I'll say it again TRADE MACARTHER u said that the injury bug hurts, well get someone who could keep the team going because an 84-85 ovr player won't cut it so get someone who can

10. SenSRulE

SenSRulE Rookie

Oh by the way o'reilly from Avs may be good choice

11. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

How the hell is Karlsson going to play the left wing? Even on the defence he's a RD!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. MrGrEaTeSt 2

MrGrEaTeSt 2 Veteran LEGEND

I'd say trade MacArthur and Hammond for a 1st Line LW and a decent backup goalie but then again I also think that this team would get bounced in the 1st round again, so I think it's time to reload for next season.

13. JFink23

JFink23 Rookie

I think you could go after a guy like Gustav nyquist he is not as big of a name but you gave him a boost and he is capable of playing on the first line at 87 overall. He is a sniper as well which is good because u only have 1 sniper in the top 6. You have been successful in the past with snipers and playmakers on the same line. He is also young enough to grow 1 more year I believe. He is about the same age as Turris and can grow with him. His trade value should be pretty low and he is a more realistic trade option than skinner or hall because they are top young guns on rebuilding teams nyquist is on a playoff team and Detroit has guys like mantha to replace him later on. U would have to package MacArthur though to give them back a top 6 player. Another person to consider is Jaden Shwartz he is young and St Louis is shaking up their core after continuous flops in the playoffs.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. Cole Brennan

Cole Brennan Rookie

Johnny you need to get a first line winger you should get maybe a Jeff skinner Thomas vanek or a Gustav Nyquist this would improve your team if you get a skinner or Nyquist they are young so they could be on your team for the next 5 or 6 years Nyquist and skinner are snipers your problem was the injury bug I still think you should be able to make the playoffs I think getting a first line winger definatley improve your team

15. Yulam

Yulam Rookie

Johnny, please don't buy in to tradeing for a 1st liner. You don't need to this early, there's a trade deadline for a reason. Trust your team if your not doing too good at trade deadline that's when you make big moves, don't make a mistake by trading this early

16. Yulam

Yulam Rookie

Stay patient don't trade anyone, you have a good team stick with it.

17. JFink23

JFink23 Rookie

Given Detroit also has Mrazek on the roster Howard could be tradable people have wanted a legit number 1 goalie that is 87+ overall and Howard could be that guy he will probably have similar value to Hammond. It is something to consider. However given he is t a huge upgrade and you still want Lehner to grow I wouldn't recommend it. Lehner is a playoff caliber goalie with the right pieces in front of him. His stats aren't that bad and you have already seen in this and prior gm modes you don't need a guy like Carey Price in net to make the playoffs or win a cup remember Edmonton in NHL 14 I believe or your Arizona GM

18. JFink23

JFink23 Rookie

I agree to not not trade for a playoff push unless it is certain but if you truly believe you will get a guy who can help you now and in the future

19. Roberto Luongo 1

Roberto Luongo 1 Rookie

I would think about trading for Luke Glendening and Drew Miller for that #1 PK line, would help your team keep pucks out of the net. Not sure what you would give up, maybe Neil, Greening and Chiasson?

20. JFink23

JFink23 Rookie

Johnny another reason to get a great winger to go with Turris and Ryan is that they aren't even close to point per game. In all your previous GM modes you have had that, is the problem that they aren't good enough or do they need a better linemate with them. You need those guys to lead the team and be a threat to score every game. They need to get 65+ points if u want to build around them and make a playoff push