OTTAWA GM MODE Discussion Ep. 12

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, May 14, 2015.

GM Superbman Should...

1. TRADE - Mcarthur, Hammond must go

185 vote(s)
    53.6%
  2. Believe - Make Massive changes at draft but trust the team now

127 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. Blow it Up - Mcarthur, Ward, Winnik, Neil, Phillips, Methot, Wingels, Chiasson, GONE

33 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

I know I'm going to hear it for not making a trade but a bad decision would be worse than waiting. What should we do REALISTICALLY?

• Like Like x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • List
  2. Jack Myer

Jack Myer Hall of Famer 3

MacArthur still being here is an issue. 31 points in 61 games on a line with Ryan and Turris is unacceptable. Forget age or anything like that. Go out there and find a guy who can produce. I suggested Vanek and Moulson earlier, but they're too old? Moulson is all of 5 months older than MacArthur. Vanek is a full year older, but for some reason, he plays like a monster in GM mode. You turned it around some now at 33-27-1, but that's not great, you're looking like a bubble team right now. I know it's the same as what I said earlier, but it makes sense now more than ever to try to get Moulson or Vanek. The realism may not be there in full, but what else can you do? The bubble is the worst place to be. You aren't tanking, but you're not getting anywhere. If you want realism, go for Taylor Hall. Edmonton has enough young players, and there are plenty of rumors around him. And Edmonton could use a veteran like MacArthur to show the young guns the ropes. A starting goalie in Hammond for them would be stellar, they'd love to have him. You'd be giving up a lot though.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    • Agree x 21
    • Like x 15
    • Winner x 4
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  3. BOInc33

BOInc33 Guest

Johnny, you need to stop worrying about if the trades are realistic or not. Its a video game, made by EA, its never going to be realistic. I recommend you have fun with it and go get Max Paccioretty. Hes a perfect LW sniper for your first line and is in his prime. Not to mention, he has a decent contract.

• Disagree x 15
    • Dumb x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • List
  4. MapleHawk

MapleHawk Legend 3 PICK'EM CHAMP LEGEND

Don't blow up this team because your team has young talent. With all those injuries you're still winning games which shows your roster possesses great young talent and chemistry. It shows your players are getting better (Lazar, Ryan, Lehner). As for Mcarthur, keep finding a good trade and send him away. Get a LW that fits the chemistry of your team and the 1st line.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Johnny get rid of your whole team, rip it to shreds and get players for the future. I say trade Erik Karlsson for Leon Draisaitl. They would need a big defensemen and you could rebuild off of Leon Draisaitl thanks!

• Dumb x 24
    • Dislike x 6
    • Funny x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

Your team is fine. Just try line changes and FREAKING PUT LAZAR ON THE POWERPLAY! Take Braun off your powerplay, Lazar is a clear improvement.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Houdini

Houdini Pro

When the team is healthy, you guys play great. Keep the team together and believe! I've had the same problems before. This is why GM Mode is better. Teams that deserve to make the playoffs miss it because of injuries. Play the team you have. No trades are available. You can make it. Let's go Sens!

• Like x 4
    • Optimistic x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Yulam

Yulam Rookie

Johnny, I'm pretty experienced with Gm mode, I've been in this spot befor, don't make any moves at trade deadline unless your getting draft picks, wait till draft and you can make big deals, if you had to trade someone trade Philips, get Phil to a stanly cup contending team, ottawa would love too see Chris Phillips holding that stanly cup!

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 8
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  9. Dangle Snipe Celly

Dangle Snipe Celly Rookie

Taylor Hall. Sure they may not want to trade him away, but Edmonton has no veterans to lead their young guns. Ignore me if you want, but if you were to give them say Mcarthur, Hammond, and a 1st round pick it would be realistic, and then you get a 1st line LW for now and the future.

• Agree Agree x 24
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. HabsHockeyFTW

HabsHockeyFTW Rookie 2

YOU NEED TO GET RID OF MACARTHUR! He never gets any better and he doesn't really hold up as a first line LW. I honestly don't care if the trades are realistic and i suggest you should pick up Pacioretty (not because I am bias). Even if MacArthur is getting it done he will eventually start to slow down. Once again I don't really care if the trades are realistic and I fell I can speak for most people.

Oh and by the way Johnny its your decision and i respect your choice.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
    • Disagree x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  11. Habs fan9

Habs fan9 Rookie

Trade for PACIORRETY !!! He's a perfect fit even if it's not realistic. He's exactly what you want and Hammond +MacArthur would be a perfect trade. Like so Johnny sees

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • List
  12. StobzillaGM

StobzillaGM Veteran

Ok, good run of results in that episode, playoffs isn't beyond the realms of possibility now and no one could blame you for trusting the team, now that it is back to full health to sneak you in.

With that said, in your position, I would make the trade for Marleau, he will be a good stop gap for a couple of years whilst Puempel and Pageau continue to make the step up.

That along with moving Ceci up to the first pairing will probably see you into the playoffs safely and then anything can happen.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Jack Edwards

Jack Edwards Rookie

Keep the players you have, it just doesn't make sense to make a trade at this point. Just like you said, what idiotic GM would trade away someone like Jeff Skinner or Max Patches at this point in a playoff push. I say keep the team the way it is, wait it out until next years draft and make changes then if it doesn't work out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. AX9991

AX9991 Rookie

Trade for Taylor Hall, it's been 11 seasons and the oilers still aren't close to the playoffs. At the very least they would be willing to listen for offers especially since he's dropped to 4.5 red star.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Aidan

Aidan Rookie

Trade Hammond and MacArthur and mabey a young dman for hall it would be a great fit for Edmonton because it solves their goaltending problem and help the growth on their back end and it would obviously help you because it fills your top line lw spot and Edmonton is in the west so it won't come back to bit u in the ass. I know it's a lot to give up but if u get hall u will have a first line for the next 6-7 years that will put up great points with a young 2nd line behind them. And if u don't make this trade there is a posiblily that Hoffman and stone won't become elite or top end players therefore u will have a 1st line lw problem with no one to trade with because MacArthur will have no trade value in 3-4 years

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. Penguini11

Penguini11 Rookie

Johnny, you don't always need to go searching for a top line lw. You could also be searching for 1st line centers who can play the winger or left handed right wingers you can switch to the left wing. You can go searching for a 24-26 year old forward on a, for better or worse terms, failing team that has been bottom 10 in rankings for the last couple years. For example go to Buffalo and pick E. Kane or even go to Minnesota, a team who can't make it past the second round, and pick up Nino Niederriter.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Komarov for Captain

Komarov for Captain Rookie 3

Johnny, you need to rebuild! You're a border line team with no hope past rnd 1. Trade MacArthur for a 1st and try to get a top 10 pick. Build to be amazing for 2-3 years rather than screwing yourself and being meh for 5

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  18. Cody

Cody Rookie

Johnny I know you don't want to make the trade, especially sense you are in a playoff spot. I think without any trades you are going to make the playoffs, but I know you don't want to get eliminated in the 1st round again. Make the safe bet and try to trade for Mikkel Boedker, throw in MacArthur, Pagaeu, & Chassiaon and a 2nd this year 4 & 7 for next year. (I dought that would go threw but try it out). Keep Andrew Hammond on the team just because he is a solid backup in case Lehner does struggle at the end of the year, or maybe next year. :2bc2:zod

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  19. Cyotes fan

Cyotes fan Rookie 2

I think Boedker is a great choice him for Hammond and McAurther and possibly next years third it should be fine. And not to much of the future is given up.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. Mike Yeo

Mike Yeo Rookie 2

Please here me out Johnny! Make a monumental trade with Detroit
    Bring in: Nyquist, Mrazek, and Gustavsson.
    Send out: MacArthur, Hammond AND Lehner.

Yes, Lehner was the future plan, but Mrazek is an 86 and is only 23 years old; he can grow into a legitimate starter for a cup team. Gustavsson is a good fit for backup this season, but that could be an area you improve in the future. Nyquist will fill your top LW spot for many seasons, and relieving Detroit of his contract will help their cap issues. Swap these players and if either side is lacking value, they can add draft choices.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    • Disagree x 9
    • Like x 5
    • Creative x 4
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Dumb x 1
    • List