OTTAWA GM MODE Discussion Ep. 12

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, May 14, 2015.

GM Superbman Should...

1. TRADE - Mcarthur, Hammond must go

185 vote(s)
    53.6%
  2. Believe - Make Massive changes at draft but trust the team now

127 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. Blow it Up - Mcarthur, Ward, Winnik, Neil, Phillips, Methot, Wingels, Chiasson, GONE

33 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. jdfarrell46

jdfarrell46 Rookie

Personally, I think you should let your team play it out, then dump of MacArthur and maybe Hammond for a second or first round pick. However, if you do decide to make a trade, I think you go after Patrick Hornqvist (Pittsburgh). He is a right wing, but u can put him on the left. Pittsburgh has a lot of top six wingers (Dupuis, Kunitz, Bennet, Perron, and Hornqvist).The trade would make sense. With Dupuis getting older, a replacement will be nessiscary. Trade Puempel or Pageau. You can't hold on to all of your prospects. Puempel might not jump, because he is 23. Its realistic though, because sometimes a new team is what you need. Dadanov can replace him if he doesn't jump to the NHL next year.

2. PouPower

PouPower Rookie

I think that the Taylor Hall trade would be awesome and somewhat realistic but you'd have to give a lot. The team is playing good right now, but rather than doing nothing, you could maybe go for Etem? He's not 1rst line ready right now but he's already pretty good and won't be worst than macarthur. He'll grow too, so long term wise, you'll solve a problem, without compromising your chances right now!

3. Zayd Siddiqui

Zayd Siddiqui Rookie

trade for Eberle. Hes not the greatest right now, making him easy to trade for. and with the yound skill in the lineup Eberle should grow into a perfect first line winger

4. Tpop

Tpop Veteran 2 LEGEND

Johnny, Taylor Hall has been with Edmonton for what, 6 years now? He must want an opportunity to play for a team that can actually make the playoffs. Trading for him wouldn't be the worst thing you could do.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Tank Nation

Tank Nation Rookie

Ya that is what I was saying, if he doesn't want to make a change he should do that

6. 19ajb

19ajb Pro 3

Johnny, me and my fellow analydiots have seen a trade that is fairly realistic, and has been mentioned countless other times.
    Going to :edm:
    MacArthur, Hammond, possibly draft picks and/or low end prospects
    Going to :ott:
    Hall, either Scrivens or Fasth, possibly draft picks or low end prospects

My reasoning is that MacArthur gives Edmonton something they desperately need. A gritty vet that still has quite a few years left on him. Hammond solves the Starting Goaltender problem that Edmonton has had for a while.

The draft picks and/or low end prospects going either way is just for trade value.

For us, Hall gives us a young sniper that can finally get out of the utter s**thole that Edmonton is, and Scrivens or Fasth gives us the backup.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  7. crosskull

crosskull Rookie

Hey Johnny I'd keep the lines where they are as of now however after the season is done you do need a better LW I can't say who to go for nor will I but I will say this go for more of a prospect one that If it's a flop you can't get rid of or if he's a franchise player and does well that you can keep and build on after players retire I know that sounds like a huuuuuge risk but I wouldn't go for a big rising star like McDavid or anything but a lower AHL guy ( as of now ) who has alot of potential or go after someone like skinner but isn't at the overall or stats yet

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  8. JFink23

JFink23 Rookie

Do not give up to much at the deadline I do think you should trade MacArthur though. His value is still high get something for him. However you need to remember you aren't in contention for a cup you are in contention for a playoff spot. You could use a younger upgrade or even someone who just has better offensive stats. Old players are for teams who are trying to make a deep run. However you are not.

9. JFink23

JFink23 Rookie

Trade for Taylor Hall! He fits perfectly into your core and at worst he is a 55 point second liner on a dynasty team in years 7 and later. He will get better if he plays on a playoff team. You have pieces to trade that Edmonton needs. They need leadership and a core change. He is an upgrade now and in the future. Trade Hammond MacArthur and a guy like Chris Neil because he is gritty and should set an example for younger players. Edmonton gives u back Taylor Hall and maybe a pick or 3 star prospect. This helps both teams Edmonton gets a goalie and veteran prescene while u get a promising winger that can lead you in points now and for the next 5 years.

10. tom sonnex

tom sonnex Rookie

That Tatar trade looks promising, I'd do that. Maybe look at Edmonton cause in real life there looking to get rid of Jordan eberle so why not go after him. Good luck.

11. hockeyfan77

hockeyfan77 Rookie

You should try to stick it out for the rest of the season. worst case Ontario you miss the playoffs and get a top 15 pick and then you could trade MacArther and other under preformers for picks and high 70's low 80's prospects. sorta like a re-tool.

12. Anoir

Anoir Rookie 3

Good episode. Keep the players you have right now, don't do any big trades at the Deadline, you will be giving away too much.

Make the big moves in the Summer, yes, you probably won't win the Cup this (Honestly, you shouldn't but EA simming so who knows lol) but you have great players coming up in the next few years, and your NHL core is still growing (Stone, Lazar, Lehner and Ceci is having a GREAT year aswell.) Those players will keep getting better, with Konny, Puempel, Dadanov etc coming up in the next few years.

You are 1-3 moves away from being a real Cup Contender for the next +5 years, don't blow it up with a bad bandage trade for immediate fix (like the Leafs).

So in closing, keep MacArthur for now, see what happens in the Playoffs, trade him in the off-season for a better player and consider adding in your 1st/2nd pick if you don't see anything special for you to draft.

13. Anoir

Anoir Rookie 3

Oh and I forgot to add, Edmonton needs a goalie BADLY, and even in real time they are considering trading away Hall now (2015), in my opinion come Summer of 2016, Edmonton still sucking, needing a goalie, they would deffo be interested in trading away Taylor Hall for a goalie (Hammond), more defence player (MacArthur), or try to get fresh new faces (Your 1st/2nd round pick).

Trading for Taylor Hall is realistic, but still, it's the sort of trade that would happen in the Off-season.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Barzy

Barzy Hall of Famer 3 LEGEND

Trade MacArthur and Hammond then once you trade those 2 guys keep the rest of the team because as of right now you would be in the playoffs so maybe 1 or 2 trades if any are needed and I do agree with you it is a tough decision to make

15. Klevi Toromani

Klevi Toromani Rookie 2

Johnny I think you should focus on the depth especially with all the injuries you have had this year and go for the playoffs. You should get Abdelkader from the Red Wings. They want to give him up and he is only 29 years old and 84 overall AND 1 year left at 1.8 mil. I think he would be a perfect fit.

16. Chris Kreider20

Chris Kreider20 Rookie 3

JOHNNY TRADE MACARTHUR NOW
    He should have been traded long ago. Tag Hammond along with Macarthur and you might be able to get a decent first line left wing like:
    Pacioretty:mon, Skinner:car, Parise:min, Steen:stl, Nash:nyr, Lucic:bos, Benn:dal, Tatar:det, Neal:nas, Eberle:edm, and Landeskog:col
    PS. Green star potentials are better than gold stars, Green stars say high accuracy, Gold stars say medium accuracy.

17. wesjet2000

wesjet2000 Rookie 3

I think you should go back to the dtroit trade but instead of going for Jurco go for Nyquist his contract is higher so you wont have to worry about cap space

18. Quincey Lane

Quincey Lane Rookie

well i don't think you should do anything right now.......you should wait to see what happens this year. i'm not saying i'm disagreeing with you about boedker i just think you should leave the trades for now and if you don't make the playoffs then you should make big changes to the team.

19. Quincey Lane

Quincey Lane Rookie

Johnny Superbman said:
    I know I'm going to hear it for not making a trade but a bad decision would be worse than waiting. What should we do REALISTICALLY?

i don't think you should do anything right now.......you should wait to see what happens this year. i'm not saying i'm disagreeing with you about boedker i just think you should leave the trades for now and if you don't make the playoffs then you should make big changes to the team.#likesojohnnysees

20. HabsFan31

HabsFan31 Rookie

I think Taylor Hall :edm would be the best bet for you! The oilers have not made the playoffs in like 10-11 years now and I think they are ready to unload. Trading hammond would help, cause the oilers are in need for a GOOD goalie.